The Lucy Show Season 4--Reviews and First Impressions

Yeah as bad as some of the wrting got for Lucy towards the end of her career, for Bob Hope it was like that all through his career. People tuned in to his lousy specials written so bad they made you cringe, but he survived because like Lucy he had become an institution, or at least SHE DID, he should have been put in one.

I agree. Bob Hope was so overrated and was never funny like Lucy. To me the King of Comedy would be Jackie Gleason, but Jack Benny and Red Skelton were also good. I say Lucy and then Carol give the Queens of Comedy right to rule over the kings because it seemed they had better material to work with that doesn't age.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First part of your sentence I completely disagree with - I think Season 3 is the weakest season and Life With Lucy I don't believe was weak at all, there are lots of stand out episodes and considering there were only a handful that's pretty good!

I COMPLETELY agree with the last part of your sentence, how people could find that episode great is beyond me. I don't want to see random people dancing around to horrible music for 10 minutes. The whole episode seemed like a complete waste of time to me. I'd rather watch Lucy, Return Of Iron Woman! LOL!

you kids today . . . I'm younger than you and I was dancin' and groovin! And I happened to like the Surfboard came back by itself song.

LMFAO! And I thought that my ratings were bad! Mind you! I am SO GLAD that someone agrees with me on "Music World" - That episode really was horrible!

May you drop a saxophone on your bare toe, be locked in a bank vault with Mel Torme and his guitar, and have a shelf where your trousseau lies gathering dust.

Yeah, the episode really wasn't focused on Lucy except for the last scene when she does that boring musical number with Mel Tinker. The rest was just blah. Needless to say, this should have been a Lucy special and not an episode of The Lucy Show. Did you notice that Gale Gordon wasn't even in this one? Can't say I blame him.

Yes, I agree, it should have been a special.............a very lousy special! LOL! The only good thing about this episode was seeing Lucy in that long wig.

Not even "Lucy in the Music World," "Lucy the Choirmaster" or "Lucy dates Dean Martin?" Or "Marineland?" Come on you had to have laughed at something!

Oh there was some funny moments no doubt. I really enjoyed "Music World" and "Art Linkletter" (By the way was that the actress who played Carolyn Applebee on ILL?!!), and a few others. I just feel that none of these episodes were TIMELESS.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Joan Crawford episode in pristine quality. The woman's make-up ALONE was enough to keep you entertained.

Oh there was some funny moments no doubt. I really enjoyed "Music World" and "Art Linkletter" (By the way was that the actress who played Carolyn Applebee on ILL?!!), and a few others. I just feel that none of these episodes were TIMELESS.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Joan Crawford episode in pristine quality. The woman's make-up ALONE was enough to keep you entertained.

That's Doris Singleton, who played Caroline.

Another vote for Lucy the Superwoman as the worst episode of season 4! Really dumb!

LOL! It was her signature LOOK and her whole career revolved around it, she was not the best actress but she sure was a legend.

That's Doris Singleton, who played Caroline.

Another vote for Lucy the Superwoman as the worst episode of season 4! Really dumb!

Listen, this is not NEWS, we've known EVERYBODY hates the Superwoman episode, there's bound to be a clinker in every season and for this entire series, this is the WINNER! LOL!

It's so interesting how different the tastes of Lucy fans are.

I too did not care for LUCY IN THE MUSIC WORLD. But I enjoyed (not loved, but enjoyed) LUCY, THE SUPERWOMAN.

I really liked Season Four. But I liked Season Three better. I really enjoyed the majority of Season Three--some episodes I felt were better than Season Two. Although the first two seasons had more consistency.

And I wouldn't rank any season of THE LUCY SHOW as the weakest in her career. My vote would definitely go to a HERE'S LUCY season. But I'm a sucker for physical comedy, so any season that has a lot of that would have more of my favor than a season that did not.

Of course, all of this could change. I still haven't seen all of THE LUCY SHOW Season 6 or HERE'S LUCY Seasons 5 and 6.

LOL! It was her signature LOOK and her whole career revolved around it, she was not the best actress but she sure was a legend.

LOL that woman drives me absolutely insane. For me, she's second to Lucy as my all-time favorite entertainer. I Love her.

I really need your boyfriend to hurry up and deliver you, your copy of season 4. We Need your review, darling.

I still haven't seen all of THE LUCY SHOW Season 6 or HERE'S LUCY Seasons 5 and 6.

You're in for the golden years of Here's Lucy there, IMO! ;)

The restored, remastered, and pristine copies of Superwoman at least have some novelty value. With everything that much clearer, some of the stunts just look even more poorly executed... like the nozzle on the rubber orange, the lever built into the wall holding the dresser in place while Lucy "lifted" it...

LOL that woman drives me absolutely insane. For me, she's second to Lucy as my all-time favorite entertainer. I Love her.

I really need your boyfriend to hurry up and deliver you, your copy of season 4. We Need your review, darling.

Yeah, he has them in his grubby little hands, seems Amazon did not deliver it to MY address but his again, so i have to wait till he gets to come here and visit which he hasn't done in two months now. I had Here's Lucy season four in MY hands just this past Sunday, it was so hard NOT buying it and i swear, if i had found The Lucy Show season four, i would have gotten that one too. Then when i got home and confessed this to him, he swore he already has that one too so now instead of being an Easter present they might wind up being BIRTHDAY presents instead. Sweetheart! :marionstrong: I haven't seen the Superwoman one in quite a while so maybe like Brock says, with a clearer picture, i might hate it even more, LOL! :lucythrill:

Did you see that CLIP of her on the net, Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest against a repeating montage of her hitting her kid and having her famous tantrums with Mamma Mia playing in the background? It's hilarious!

Listen, this is not NEWS, we've known EVERYBODY hates the Superwoman episode, there's bound to be a clinker in every season and for this entire series, this is the WINNER! LOL!

Nope, my least favourite was "Return Of Iron Man Carmichael" - the Superwoman episode was better than that one!

But aren't they both the same situation, same character, same looney synopsis? :lucydisgust::lucydisgust::lucyhorror::lucyhorror::lucyshock::lucyshock::lucydaze::lucydaze::lucyblah::lucyblah:

Nope, there were 3 Iron Man Carmichael episodes - The first Stunt Man episode which was great, the LOUSY Return of the Iron Carmichael Pirate episode and the Bob Crane episode which was MEH! Take it or leave it. Superwoman was the episode where her adrenal gland gets stuck and she can lift heavy objects - it was really silly and a crappy finale for a season but still laughable. Return of Iron Carmichael was anything but laughable!

Nope, there were 3 Iron Man Carmichael episodes - The first Stunt Man episode which was great, the LOUSY Return of the Iron Carmichael Pirate episode and the Bob Crane episode which was MEH! Take it or leave it. Superwoman was the episode where her adrenal gland gets stuck and she can lift heavy objects - it was really silly and a crappy finale for a season but still laughable. Return of Iron Carmichael was anything but laughable!

Ok, then, lemme see them again and render a judgment, LOL! But i do remember i used to CRINGE when seeing her lift that commode up against the wall, it was so obviously badly faked.

Archived