WE MISS YOU LUCY!

C L A U D E

Ok, it's that dreaded day again, April 26th, a day we relive every year since 1989. In a few weeks Lucy's favorites, lilacs will be blooming everywhere. It's Spring, everything is reborn, the weather gets real nice and on TV, a medium Lucy made her own, all the shows are about to conclude their seasons. None of these shows are in the same class as the greatest sitcom of all time in which she starred. Lucy's a star on the internet now, where people who claim never to have seen her shows watch them on You Tube and you can also see clips from everything else she's ever done. Remember when people would say her other series besides ILL would never see the light of day on DVD? Well, on this her 100th birthday they are almost all completely out for us to savor whenever we like. As are her specials and even some of her guest appearances on other people's shows. Good God, even her Home Movies are shown as special features on some of her boxed set releases.

Lucy would be the first to be shocked by all of this. She didn't think her contribution to show business was that phenominal that people would be as entertained by her 22 years after her departure from this world. As they said when she passed away, what Chaplin was to the movies, she was to television. A true pioneer. Her antics seen by everyone the world over. Her great slapstick style comedy worshipped by billions around the planet. They used to say her shows ran in reruns in over 80 countries. They also said her face was seen by more people more often than any other face the world has ever known. She was a model, showgirl, actress, comedienne, wife and mother and eventually grandmother. Known as Technicolor Tessie, Queen of the B's, Diane Belmont from Butte Montana, Queen of Comedy, First Lady of Television, Emmy award winner, Kennedy Center recipient, TV Hall of Fame inductee, President of her own studio at a time when women weren't usually prominent in show business let alone running a multi million dollar business with thousands of employees. A hard worker and perfectionist who knew her craft and who never had an easy go of it as they never knew what to do with her in films, so she went from radio to television and made that infant medium her own. Thankfully she found out in her later years that the public truly adored her, she was one beloved icon.

AND, she never really left us on that fateful April 26th, as we can see her any time we want in those 80 films, over 500 television shows, specials, guest appearances, interviews, in magazines, books, museums, retrospectives, tributes, still entertaining generation after generation till the end of time. Thank you Lucy for making our lives more interesting, for making us laugh, for entertaining the world for decades with no end in sight. Thanks for mentoring us with some words of wisdom, for teaching us that hard work does eventually pay off, that talent brings success beyond one's wildest dreams. That if you persevere and work hard, you can achieve anything you want in this life. And as she said more than once, she was happy to have gone through her life LEAVING SOMETHING BEHIND. Yes, Lucy, yours was truly a very remarkable life, thanks for the laughter and for letting us fans feel that we were a part of your life, it's been a great ride and there is indeed no end in sight. Your true legacy is all the material you have left us on film to enjoy and laugh loudly at for the rest of our lives.

I had to thumbs up all your posts Claude. What a beautiful tribute and yes, it's a day I dread every year as well, but you are so right, she never really left us on the day, her spirit has kept burning bright and that is evident through all her generation of fans who were born post 1989 and all the wonderful releases we have seen come out in the noughties and tenties and hopefully twenties as well! Lucy would be blushing! Love you girl (and love you to Claude) ;-) xxxxxxx

I had to thumbs up all your posts Claude. What a beautiful tribute and yes, it's a day I dread every year as well, but you are so right, she never really left us on the day, her spirit has kept burning bright and that is evident through all her generation of fans who were born post 1989 and all the wonderful releases we have seen come out in the noughties and tenties and hopefully twenties as well! Lucy would be blushing! Love you girl (and love you to Claude) ;-) xxxxxxx

Yup, i beleive in God and therefore truly believe she now finally knows that she was and still is indeed BELOVED by everyone in the world who has ever seen her masterful work. She must be thankful and glowing with pride. :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::gasp::ill:

Carol Burnett said it best when she said two things, one was that Lucy's death seemed like a death in the family for all of us. The other was that for us fans, our lives would have been decidedly duller without her shining presence. She said that about Lucy when Carol helped induct her as the first woman in the Television Hall of Fame back in '84. I have to look no farther than my own life to see Lucy's invaluable contribution. My life revolved around her shows, her appearances, i devoured the first issue of TV Guide for the new season looking for where she'd be what shows she'd do, when the specials would air and so on. At one time, i could see her 18 times a week for her tv shows alone, not counting movies on tv or guest stints on other people's shows. I read every magazine article, cut them out when i could not afford them, started scrapbooks on her, bought some memorabilia but only to USE, not to collect and then sell and make money off of her as some do. Devoured every book about her, nauseated friends and family with every story i remembered about her. Nowadays i just put her dvd's in the front of shelves in stores, stack them properly or more prominently whenever i can. That's my way of thanking Lucy for all those beautiful years of great comedic entertainment. And then, like all of you, i post here, to share every tidbit of knowledge about my all time favorite comic, star, and all around human being. She's not only been a mentor to Carol and many others in show business but also to myself and millions of other fans who have learned valuable life lessons from our favorite religious icon, OUR LADY OF BEVERLY HILLS, LOL! :lucy2::hlLOL:

Carol Burnett said it best when she said two things, one was that Lucy's death seemed like a death in the family for all of us. The other was that for us fans, our lives would have been decidedly duller without her shining presence. She said that about Lucy when Carol helped induct her as the first woman in the Television Hall of Fame back in '84. I have to look no farther than my own life to see Lucy's invaluable contribution. My life revolved around her shows, her appearances, i devoured the first issue of TV Guide for the new season looking for where she'd be what shows she'd do, when the specials would air and so on. At one time, i could see her 18 times a week for her tv shows alone, not counting movies on tv or guest stints on other people's shows. I read every magazine article, cut them out when i could not afford them, started scrapbooks on her, bought some memorabilia but only to USE, not to collect and then sell and make money off of her as some do. Devoured every book about her, nauseated friends and family with every story i remembered about her. Nowadays i just put her dvd's in the front of shelves in stores, stack them properly or more prominently whenever i can. That's my way of thanking Lucy for all those beautiful years of great comedic entertainment. And then, like all of you, i post here, to share every tidbit of knowledge about my all time favorite comic, star, and all around human being. She's not only been a mentor to Carol and many others in show business but also to myself and millions of other fans who have learned valuable life lessons from our favorite religious icon, OUR LADY OF BEVERLY HILLS, LOL! :lucy2::hlLOL:

Claude

- thank you for this lovely tribute to Lucille!!

It encompasses what many of us feel; for me, the last nearly nine years, have been a daily lesson learned about Lucille and company. I have been actively involved with the researching and typing of this chronolgy of mine, which has me addicted on a daily basis for 6+ years. People are even asking me questions about her now, knowing I am preparing this information for release to the public.

Many thanks to Brock, as well, for allowing me a STAGE of my own, in sharing it with fans; and to Cathy, from the Closet, for three things per day, which appears on her 'store' site; and to Michael Karol, for his brief, but wonderful 'airing' of some of my work a couple of years ago. Each of you compliments me with the ability to 'air' my work with the fans; soon, I hope to have a coffee-table book worthy of Lucille's memory, in her 'diary' I am preparing....

Love, JK

Claude

- thank you for this lovely tribute to Lucille!!

It encompasses what many of us feel; for me, the last nearly nine years, have been a daily lesson learned about Lucille and company. I have been actively involved with the researching and typing of this chronolgy of mine, which has me addicted on a daily basis for 6+ years. People are even asking me questions about her now, knowing I am preparing this information for release to the public.

Many thanks to Brock, as well, for allowing me a STAGE of my own, in sharing it with fans; and to Cathy, from the Closet, for three things per day, which appears on her 'store' site; and to Michael Karol, for his brief, but wonderful 'airing' of some of my work a couple of years ago. Each of you compliments me with the ability to 'air' my work with the fans; soon, I hope to have a coffee-table book worthy of Lucille's memory, in her 'diary' I am preparing....

Love, JK

Unfortunately Joyce, my words about Lucy were just off the cuff speaking from the heart in the middle of my graveyard shift last night, not something i spent time researching and writing down properly like the great work YOU do. All the time you have devoted to YOUR work will be worth it when you finally get a copy of your TOME sent to you by publishers that you can hold in your hands and fans can purchase and add to their Lucy collections. I'm sure it will be worth the wait and a masterpiece of Lucy information never before made available to anyone. :ill:

I feel "special" because I was born in 1989, just a month after she passed away. Of course I think my mom had more things on her mind than all those tributes to Lucy on TV, but I'm sure she thought it was sad. Hey she was like, 8 months pregnant with you-know-who! :lucyhaha:

And it's funny because Desi died a week after my sister was born.

I feel "special" because I was born in 1989, just a month after she passed away. Of course I think my mom had more things on her mind than all those tributes to Lucy on TV, but I'm sure she thought it was sad. Hey she was like, 8 months pregnant with you-know-who! :lucyhaha:

And it's funny because Desi died a week after my sister was born.

Did you ever stop to think that you might even be a reincarnation of Lucy? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Archived