Least favourite episodes

Here's a challenge - I want everyone to list their LEAST favourite episodes from any or all of Lucy's TV series. But when I say LEAST favourite, it has to be one that you barely laughed at! There CAN'T BE ONE SCENE that you found amusing! I know it's hard cause it is Lucy we are talking about but I'm sure there are several that you could EASILY live without!

I LOVE LUCY - None at all!!!! There's not ONE that I could find that I dislike from start to finish!

LDCH - Same with ILL - None at all - It's hard not to laugh at SOMETHING that goes for one hour! ;-)

TLS - Lucy and the runaway butterfly, Lucy visits the white house, Lucy takes up golf, Lucy meets Danny Kaye, Lucy and the disc jockey (Will add more when I have finished Season 4)

HL - Guess who owes Lucy $23.50, Lucy and Tennessee Ernie's fun farm, Lucy and Sammy Davis Jr., Lucy the Coed, Lucy and Rudy Vallee, Lucy's Bonus Bounces, Kim Finally Cuts.......

That's all I can think of right now. I haven't added any from HL Season 5 or 6 or from TLS 4, 5 or 6 but I will post a comment later on when I've finished Season 4 of TLS.

Looking forward to hearing from other people!

I Love Lucy - The Rodeo; Drafted

LDCH - Lucy Meets the Mustache

The Lucy Show -- Lucy, the Rain Goddess; Lucy Helps Milton Berle; Mooney the Monkey; Lucy & The Soap Opera; Lucy, the Superwoman

Here's Lucy -- Tennessee Ernie's "Fun" Farm; Lucy & The Gold Rush; Lucy's Safari; Lucy, the Cement Worker; Lucy & Rudy Vallee; Lucy In The Jungle; Lucy's Lucky Day; Harry Catches Gold Fever

Life With Lucy -- n/a*

*I can't think of a LWL episode I truly dislike. Even Lucy's Green Thumb has its moments.

Cool!!! Loving reading everyone's thoughts so far.

Brock: I can see where you are coming from with all of your ones but I'm quite surprised that you chose Lucy's Lucky Day - I really enjoyed that episode.

Monalisa: I was tempted to also choose Orson Welles and the XMAS Special but I still enjoyed parts of them. I'm really surprised that you would choose bicycle trip, I thought that one was great!

Any shocks with the ones I have chosen?

Any shocks with the ones I have chosen?

Lucy and the Runaway Butterfly . . . how was that one bad? I LOVED it! It was funny all the way to the courtroom scene. And Viv going "AHA!" made me laugh too. I Just cringed at the mess Lucy made in the park--especially making the BALLOON vendor lose his balloons! And I mean that literally and also in a funny way because he was pretty mad at her.

And Lucy Visits the White House . . . that one was great too! I loved when Lucy was trying to steal the sugar from the diner, and the waiter was the guy who voiced Fred Flintstone.

Anyway here's mine

ILL--Drafted, Mertz & Kurtz, Country Club Dance, Scotland, Inferiority Complex

TLS--Lucy Takes Up Golf, Lucy Becomes a Reporter, Lucy and Viv open a restaurant, Lucy and the Countess Lose Weight, Lucy the Stockholder, Digs up a date, Bank Scandal, Lucy is her own Lawyer, Lucy saves Milton Berle, Lucy the Superwoman

HL--Lucy visits Jack Benny, Guess Who Owes Lucy, Wedding Party, Lucy and Liberace, Lucy and Wally Cox, Little Old Lady.

Anyway here's mine

Country Club Dance?? Thats one of my favourites! :lucyhorror:

My least favourite (that I can think of at the moment!)

ILL: Drafted, Orson Wells, The Rodeo

LDCH: Not sure..

TLS: Mooney the Monkey, Lucy the Superwoman

HL: Lucy's Safari, Little old lady

None of the European eps of "ILL", except for Lucy meeting the Queen, and stomping grapes, and dreaming in Scotland really did much for me. :lucyblah: The usual eps we all seem to dislike still hold true: Mertz and Kurtz, Drafted, etc. I still don't understand the dislike of the Scotland ep. I think that whole musical was hilarious!! Oh well..to each his/her own! I've been watching 50 years and ALL the eps have some special meaning to me even if I don't watch all of them anymore. Nice to be able to chose any season with our DVDs!

You're crazy! :lucyhaha::lucyeww:

Stomping Grapes was one of the funniest moments!

And so was Lucy Meets the Queen, especially with Lucy trying to make the palace guard smile. =P

I think you misread my post.

None of the European eps of "ILL", except for Lucy meeting the Queen, and stomping grapes, and dreaming in Scotland really did much for me

:lucysmirk:

None of the European eps of "ILL", except for Lucy meeting the Queen, and stomping grapes, and dreaming in Scotland really did much for me. :lucyblah: The usual eps we all seem to dislike still hold true: Mertz and Kurtz, Drafted, etc. I still don't understand the dislike of the Scotland ep. I think that whole musical was hilarious!! Oh well..to each his/her own! I've been watching 50 years and ALL the eps have some special meaning to me even if I don't watch all of them anymore. Nice to be able to chose any season with our DVDs!

I couldn't agree more. Well said, Putty! ;)

Lucy and the Runaway Butterfly . . . how was that one bad? I LOVED it! It was funny all the way to the courtroom scene. And Viv going "AHA!" made me laugh too. I Just cringed at the mess Lucy made in the park--especially making the BALLOON vendor lose his balloons! And I mean that literally and also in a funny way because he was pretty mad at her.

And Lucy Visits the White House . . . that one was great too! I loved when Lucy was trying to steal the sugar from the diner, and the waiter was the guy who voiced Fred Flintstone.

Anyway here's mine

TLS--Lucy Takes Up Golf, Lucy Becomes a Reporter, Lucy and Viv open a restaurant, Lucy and the Countess Lose Weight, Lucy the Stockholder, Digs up a date, Bank Scandal, Lucy is her own Lawyer, Lucy saves Milton Berle, Lucy the Superwoman

HL--Lucy visits Jack Benny, Guess Who Owes Lucy, Wedding Party, Lucy and Liberace, Lucy and Wally Cox, Little Old Lady.

Nope, I still can't see anything funny in the butterfly or the white house episode. I am totally shocked that you did not like the restaurant one, lawyer or digs up a date!!!! They are classics in my eyes. But to be fair, we have very different opinions on each episode. The ones you normally comment on that you like are the ones that I don't like and vice versa, although I do agree with a few of your choices :) p.s - How can you NOT like the Liberace and wedding party???????

Country Club Dance?? Thats one of my favourites! :lucyhorror:

My least favourite (that I can think of at the moment!)

ILL: Drafted, Orson Wells, The Rodeo

LDCH: Not sure..

TLS: Mooney the Monkey, Lucy the Superwoman

HL: Lucy's Safari, Little old lady

I'm surprised that you only have two from TLS and HL. Don't you think you're being a little generous? :lucythrill:

The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour:

Milton Berle Hides Out At The Ricardos

Lucy Goes To Alaska

Lucy Goes To Mexico

Lucy Goes To Sun Valley

Lucy Hunts Uranium

Lucy Takes A Cruise To Havana

That's getting a bit below the belt! :lucyshock: - The ONLY one I SEMI agree on is Alaska, but only a bit! All the other's I'm shocked, honestly shocked! :lucydaze:

That's getting a bit below the belt! :lucyshock: - The ONLY one I SEMI agree on is Alaska, but only a bit! All the other's I'm shocked, honestly shocked! :lucydaze:

How about the ones that I didn't put on the list? "The Celebrity Next Door" -A classic!!!"Lucy Makes Room For Danny"- Another classic!!!"Lucy's Summer Vacation"- I am an Ida Lupino fan and the ending comedy routine in the boat is a classic. Look at Lucy's facial reaction when the water is splashing on her behind. "Lucy Wants A Career"- The last classic for these specials with one of my favorite actors Paul Douglas. There are three great Lucy comedy moments in this show. "The Ricardos Go To Japan" with one of my favorite actors Bob Cummings. There are four great comedy scenes with Lucy. "Lucy Meets The Mustache"- I like this episode because I like both Edie Adams and Ernie Kovacs. Lucy is funny in two comedy scenes with Ernie Kovacs. "Lucy Wins A Racehorse" I like Betty Grable in this one especially the musical rehearsal with Harry James and Desi Arnaz. I like William Frawley's Fred Mertz in this show when he got goog goog eyes over Betty Grable. I like the scene where they are trying to hide the horse from Ricky.

I think I have at least smiled at something in each episode :lucythrill: , so I'll list some that I always skip over when looking for an episode to rewatch. Since I'm going by memory it will be a short list! :professor:

ILL -Drafted, Lucy's Birthday (with the Friends of the Friendless), Inferiority Complex. The last two are sad rather than funny to me ...

LDCH - Not a big fan of the Havana or Japan episodes.

TLS - I've only seen most of these once since they came out on DVD, but I remember being pretty bored with Gary's scenes in the Golf Game one.

Here's Lucy -- there are probably some, but I've only seen these once, too, & I haven't seen any since Season 3 came out. (Note to self -- get Season 4! :) )

I think over all the shows the one that stands out to me is (queue drum roll)...... Mertz and Kurtz. THis episode just drags for me although I do enjoy the By the Sea skit at the end although think they could have done more with it.

I would probably put Drafted in their to but I think cos nearly everyone hates it, it gets my sympathy vote :HALKING:

I Love Lucy: Drafted, The European shows except for the one already mentioned above as exceptions

LDCH: Lucy's Summer Vacation (except the boat scene), Lucy Meets the Moustache

The Lucy Show: Lucy the Rain Goddess, Lucy Bags a Bargin

Here's Lucy: Lucy's Safari, Lucy and Sammy Davis Jr.

Life With Lucy: Lucy's Green Thumb

I Love Lucy: Drafted, The European shows except for the one already mentioned above as exceptions

LDCH: Lucy's Summer Vacation (except the boat scene), Lucy Meets the Moustache

The Lucy Show: Lucy the Rain Goddess, Lucy Bags a Bargin

Here's Lucy: Lucy's Safari, Lucy and Sammy Davis Jr.

Life With Lucy: Lucy's Green Thumb

Lucy Bags A Bargain? :lucyhorror:

I Love Lucy: Pilot/Audition, Benefit, Dummy

TLDCH: Moustache

The Lucy Show: Digs Up a Date, Reporter, Golf Game, Danny Kaye, Music World, Danny Thomas, Return of Iron Man, Milton Berle, Wayne Newton, Soap Opera, Starmaker, Robert Goulet, Carol Burnett Part II, Pool Hustler, Phil Harris, Mooney's Other Wife, Ken Barry

Here's Lucy: Ann Margret, Sammy Davis Jr., Rudy Vallee, Carol Burnett (3rd season), Candid Camera, Jim Bailey, Frankie Avalon, Phil Harris

Archived