The Best Of "I Love Lucy" coming to DVD in June

mikidiki

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no Lucy potential-collectible too small to negotiate for. ;)

It's just a regular typwritten small sign with no pic or logo or anything. I was just happy to see we were getting this thing here in Canada. Well, we're getting all the other TCM ones so why not this one.

Now i see why record buyers used to get pissed when some artists would get exclusivity contracts with only certain stores. Cindy de la Hoz only selling Lucy's TREASURES at Barnes and Noble and now this, only at target, thank God for E Bay. By the way Brockie, did you know that the TCM Lucy movie quartet comes out end of June at HMV here, saw it on a sign downtown.

I KNOW! I totally DO NOT GET why this is a legitmate CBS DVD release and yet they're only making it available at Targay?? Perhaps only initially and then it'll be available everywhere?? Just ridiculous. lucyhorror.JPG

EXCLUSIVELY AT TARGET?!!!! :angry:

Speaking as a foreigner who has another year or so to wait before Target takes over Zellers this is infuriating!

So from that trailer I gather we're getting:

- Lucy Does A TV Commercial

- Job Switching

- Lucy's Italian Movie

- The Freezer

- Lucy Gets In Pictures

- Paris at Last

- L.A. at Last

- The Ballet

- Lucy is Enciente

- Harpo Marx

What are the back four? Perhaps Redecorating The Mertzes' Apartment based on the cover?

I have a Target near me but it is not worth it for me to buy these same episodes over again on DVD. There is nothing new or special about this collection. They should put out new product that no one else has. Also, Why did they pick "Lucy Is Enceinte" and not "Lucy Goes To The Hospital". I like the sentiment in "Enceinte" but I love the comedy better in "Hospital".

I have a Target near me but it is not worth it for me to buy these same episodes over again on DVD. There is nothing new or special about this collection. They should put out new product that no one else has. Also, Why did they pick "Lucy Is Enceinte" and not "Lucy Goes To The Hospital". I like the sentiment in "Enceinte" but I love the comedy better in "Hospital".

No, all they had to do like YOU've said on another thread is include something on there we don't have and want, like Babalu music or any Lucy guest appearance or the whole gang on Sullivan, something different not already out.

Will be getting this despite already having the entire series on DVD. I normally don't do this with television shows in general but Lucy is an exception.

Same here, i just want the BEST episodes handy, i haven't got the patience to get them all out of that box individually.

• 2 weeks later...

I would buy some and give them out as presents to friends/family who may not be big Lucy fans that they would go out and buy season sets, but would enjoy one or two discs with the best of. I have given out the Best of Here's Lucy sets as gifts.

Same here, i just want the BEST episodes handy, i haven't got the patience to get them all out of that box individually.

Oh, come on! How hard can it be?? And with that "Handy Dandy" booklet that tells you right where it is! ;)

("The A's were easy...but the B's! Did you know there are more items in a hardware store that start with the letter "B" than any other letter??"

- Lucy *I almost forgot my own name!" Barker to Curtis McGibbon, "One Good Grandparent Deserves Another" aka 1st episode, Life With Lucy (1986).)

Thanks and we hope you enjoyed that Life With Loocil "flashback.." Had this been an actual episode....you would have found yourself screaming, a la Phoebe of Friends (Lisa Kudrow), "My eyes! My eyes!" :lol:

Oh, come on! How hard can it be?? And with that "Handy Dandy" booklet that tells you right where it is! ;)

("The A's were easy...but the B's! Did you know there are more items in a hardware store that start with the letter "B" than any other letter??"

- Lucy *I almost forgot my own name!" Barker to Curtis McGibbon, "One Good Grandparent Deserves Another" aka 1st episode, Life With Lucy (1986).)

Thanks and we hope you enjoyed that Life With Loocil "flashback.." Had this been an actual episode....you would have found yourself screaming, a la Phoebe of Friends (Lisa Kudrow), "My eyes! My eyes!" :lol:

OMG, so many LUCY references, in Oliver's words, CAN I HAVE SOME MORE? :HALKING:

OMG, so many LUCY references, in Oliver's words, CAN I HAVE SOME MORE? :HALKING:

So far, for the Lucy fan that owns I Love Lucy seasons 1 thru 6; The Lucy -Desi Comedy Hour; I Love Lucy: The Movie;I Love Lucy 50th Anniversary Special; Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie; and CBS Salutes Lucy: The First 25 Years, there doesn't seem to be any incentive to get this.

So far, for the Lucy fan that owns I Love Lucy seasons 1 thru 6; The Lucy -Desi Comedy Hour; I Love Lucy: The Movie;I Love Lucy 50th Anniversary Special; Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie; and CBS Salutes Lucy: The First 25 Years, there doesn't seem to be any incentive to get this.

Same here and ditto, not to mention the original CBS Home Video AND the Columbia House Library versions of what, 4 episodes or so to a disc volumes?? And don't even remind me that I spent mucho buckeroos back in the VHS days and was one of those shmucks that actually bought EVERY SINGLE COLUMBIA HOUSE TAPE with 3 -- count 'em! -- THREE lousy episodes per tape, so SIXTY (!) tapes and hundreds (or was it THOUSANDS, thank you "shipping and handling (my ass!) of dollars later, I guess I'm an ILL collector at least on video and am sure I'll buy this damn thing too to complete my "collection"! :rolleyes:

:lol:

Same here and ditto, not to mention the original CBS Home Video AND the Columbia House Library versions of what, 4 episodes or so to a disc volumes?? And don't even remind me that I spent mucho buckeroos back in the VHS days and was one of those shmucks that actually bought EVERY SINGLE COLUMBIA HOUSE TAPE with 3 -- count 'em! -- THREE lousy episodes per tape, so SIXTY (!) tapes and hundreds (or was it THOUSANDS, thank you "shipping and handling (my ass!) of dollars later, I guess I'm an ILL collector at least on video and am sure I'll buy this damn thing too to complete my "collection"! :rolleyes:

:lol:

OMG Joe, must you remind me of all that lost moolah i wasted on the shows? Copying them in Beta, getting originals in Beta, making copies in VHS, then getting originals in VHS and yes, those damned CBS Columbia House 3 eps per box by S I X T Y boxes did mean thousands of dollars, then we started all over again with DVD copies and now DVD originals, and now they'll do it in color and eventually on Blu Ray and then some other format will come around and i'll be in bankruptcy by then.

• 2 weeks later...

61hpggxha0L._AA400_.jpg

The DVD is up for order:

http://www.target.com/dp/B0051B5UNU/ref=sc_qi_img_viewdetails?ie=UTF8&title=view%20full%20details

FULL EPISODE LIST:

–Lucy Does A TV Commercial

–Lucy’s Italian Movie

–Harpo Marx

–Job Switching

–LA At Last

–Lucy Is Enceinte

–The Ballet

–Paris At Last

–The Freezer

–Lucy Gets In Pictures

–Lucy Goes to the Hospital

–The Great Train Robbery

–Lucy Gets a Paris Gown

–Bon Voyage

61hpggxha0L._AA400_.jpg

The DVD is up for order:

http://www.target.com/dp/B0051B5UNU/ref=sc_qi_img_viewdetails?ie=UTF8&title=view%20full%20details

FULL EPISODE LIST:

–Lucy Does A TV Commercial

–Lucy’s Italian Movie

–Harpo Marx

–Job Switching

–LA At Last

–Lucy Is Enceinte

–The Ballet

–Paris At Last

–The Freezer

–Lucy Gets In Pictures

–Lucy Goes to the Hospital

–The Great Train Robbery

–Lucy Gets a Paris Gown

–Bon Voyage

Fourteen huh? Wonder why they did not go for ten or twenty?

Fourteen huh? Wonder why they did not go for ten or twenty?

Perhaps because they went to 2 discs and 7 eps fit just about right; anymore than that and they start to look lousy (some technical thing about compression and whatnot that I understand enough to "get" but don't know how to 'splain!) ;)

And I was right: no eps AT ALL from the 6th season so Gregg must have produced this. ("Paris at Last"??? Really??!) :P

Oh well at least the cover is cute. :D

Perhaps because they went to 2 discs and 7 eps fit just about right; anymore than that and they start to look lousy (some technical thing about compression and whatnot that I understand enough to "get" but don't know how to 'splain!) ;)

And I was right: no eps AT ALL from the 6th season so Gregg must have produced this. ("Paris at Last"??? Really??!) :P

Oh well at least the cover is cute. :D

Oh yeah, the cover's perfect and the choice of shows pretty good. I'm definitely getting this one.

We'll have to wait until 2012/13 until Target arrives on our shores. :lucydisgust: Or order it online, of course. lol

Oh i can wait, i mean, we have all those shows anyway. I just want the CLASSIC eps for quick reference instead of damaging my ILL Box. I mean, if i can get the TCM movies A G A I N , the same ones we already have on other sets, then why not get her classic shows which were so much better than most of her movie appearances anyway?

• 4 months later...

Archived