What was the LAST Lucy episode you saw for the first time?

At this point, I can't even IMAGINE what'd be like to consider any Lucy episode "new"! marionstrong.gif

Joey's post above made me wonder what was the very last Lucy episode you saw for the FIRST time?

For me, the very last Lucy episode I ever saw for the first time of any of the series was Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night. Through tape trading I was never able to obtain a copy of this until Laura Johansen brought a copy for me when she visited Toronto about six years ago. It was such a strange feeling to watch this episode -- on the one hand I was thrilled to finally see the episode after so many years, but on the other hand, after that, there was nothing new to see!

As for the other series:

I Love Lucy - Equal Rights

The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour - Lucy Meets the Mustache

The Lucy Show -- Lucy & The Boss of the Year Award

Life With Lucy -- World's Greatest Grandma

Joey's post above made me wonder what was the very last Lucy episode you saw for the FIRST time?

For me, the very last Lucy episode I ever saw for the first time of any of the series was Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night. Through tape trading I was never able to obtain a copy of this until Laura Johansen brought a copy for me when she visited Toronto about six years ago. It was such a strange feeling to watch this episode -- on the one hand I was thrilled to finally see the episode after so many years, but on the other hand, after that, there was nothing new to see!

As for the other series:

I Love Lucy - Equal Rights

The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour - Lucy Meets the Mustache

The Lucy Show -- Lucy & The Boss of the Year Award

Life With Lucy -- World's Greatest Grandma

"Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night" for me too.

The rest:

I Love Lucy - Hollywood Anniversary

The Lucille Ball - Desi Arnaz Show: Lucy Meets the Mustache (I think)

The Lucy Show: Lucy the Superwoman (what an ending!)

Life with Lucy - World's Greatest Grandma

Last episodes I got to see were:

I Love Lucy: Baby Pictures,

Lucy Desi Comedy Hour: Moustache,

The Lucy Show: Duck Hunter,

Here's Lucy: I think was The Diamond Cutter,

Life With Lucy: I got them all at once so it was the last episode

As for movies I still havent seen:

Bloodmoney (1933),

Bottoms Up (1934),

Hold That Girl (1934),

Jealousy (1934),

Men Of The Night (1934),

Fugitive Lady (1934),

Perfectly Mismated (1934)

Carnival (1935),

Dummy Ache (1936),

One Live Ghost (1936),

Chatterbox (1936),

Believe it or not ... Most every episode of The Lucy Show is new to me... and Definately ALL of Here's Lucy is new to me!... So have the first 3 seasons of TLS and HL... and when I obtain the rest.. every episode will be my first time.. only saw the Shower Episode from The Lucy Show.. all the others were for the first time..

I probably have seen most of "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" before but because it was 30-40 years ago, the memory is foggy.

Here is the list of episodes that I didn't have on video that I watched for the very first time on DVD:

Together For Christmas

Chris's New Year's Eve Party

Lucy Teaches Ethel Merman To Sing

Lucy Is A Process Server

Lucy Enters A Baking Contest

Lucy The Good Skate

Lucy And The Plumber

Lucy Gets Amnesia

Lucy Makes A Pinch

Lucy Becomes A Father

Lucy Gets Her Maid

Lucy's Contact Lens

Lucy Gets The Bird

Lucy And The Missing Stamp

Lucy Meets Danny Kaye

Lucy And The Ceramic Cat

Lucy And The Countess

Lucy And The Countess Lose Weight

Lucy And The Old Mansion

Lucy And The Beauty Doctor

Lucy The Stockholder

Lucy The Disc Jockey

Lucy And The Golden Greek

Lucy The Rain Goddess

Lucy And Art Linkletter

Lucy Bags A Bargain

Lucy Meets Mickey Rooney

Lucy Goes To A Hollywood Premiere

Lucy Dates Dean Martin

Lucy The Robot

Lucy The Superwoman

I'm seeing Here's Lucy for the first time as it comes out on DVD. The last episode I watched was from season 4: Someone's on the Ski Lift with Dinah. It's very enjoyable to be watching "new Lucy" after years and years of seeing only I Love Lucy (and to a lesser extent, The Lucy Show).

Welcome, Nothin Doin -- nice avatar! :D:viv1:

All of the Here's Lucy shows have been new to me too, as were The Lucy Show ones when they came out on DVD. Just watched the Season 4 Here's Lucy episode "Lucy Makes a Few Extra Dollars". That may not be the exact title -- it's the one where she wants a raise & pretends to counterfeit money in Mooney's office.

(The next sentence could cause you to frown, Claude. Look away! :hlLOL: ) Lucy's husband Gary has a cameo in it working at a carnival booth.

Welcome, Nothin Doin -- nice avatar! :D:viv1:

All of the Here's Lucy shows have been new to me too, as were The Lucy Show ones when they came out on DVD. Just watched the Season 4 Here's Lucy episode "Lucy Makes a Few Extra Dollars". That may not be the exact title -- it's the one where she wants a raise & pretends to counterfeit money in Mooney's office.

That'd be Harry's office if it's HL. You're watching so much "new Lucy" you're mixing up Gale's characters! :)

And to think before year's end, it looks like we'll have Season FIVE of BOTH shows in our hot little hands! (Not to mention, the last TLBS between now and then, too!)

Woohoo!! ;)

Believe it or not ... Most every episode of The Lucy Show is new to me... and Definately ALL of Here's Lucy is new to me

Same here. I grew up watching ILL episodes back-to-back. But as for TLS and HL I never really saw many prior to the official releases on DVD. Apart from the odd few that were on Fox or on the "cheap" un-official DVD sets.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I saw The Lucy Show as it ran on Nick at Nite during the "Block Party" marathons but have never seen Here's Lucy as part of a network run. Actually, my earliest memories of Lucy is the "Lucy Buys a Boat" episode of The Lucy Show. I remember my mother commenting that she heard me laughing out loud in my bedroom at this episode at the age of eight years old. I remember an initial reluctance at watching I Love Lucy as I had some sort of problem with watching Lucy in black and white as an 8 year old, so The Lucy Show is actually my first memory of discovering Lucy, an amazing 18 years ago. As a 26 year old male, I find myself consistently amazed at the both the length of time it took me to discover Lucy and at the same time an amazement at how much Lucy has been a part of my life.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I saw The Lucy Show as it ran on Nick at Nite during the "Block Party" marathons but have never seen Here's Lucy as part of a network run. Actually, my earliest memories of Lucy is the "Lucy Buys a Boat" episode of The Lucy Show. I remember my mother commenting that she heard me laughing out loud in my bedroom at this episode at the age of eight years old. I remember an initial reluctance at watching I Love Lucy as I had some sort of problem with watching Lucy in black and white as an 8 year old, so The Lucy Show is actually my first memory of discovering Lucy, an amazing 18 years ago. As a 26 year old male, I find myself consistently amazed at the both the length of time it took me to discover Lucy and at the same time an amazement at how much Lucy has been a part of my life.

Hey, welcome aboard, Newbie! :D

Well the main thing is, despite taking 18 years to do it, you DID finally come to your senses and embrace La Ball! ENJOY! marionstrong.gif

Nice to know you FINALLY got your act together and discovered the world's greatest comedienne, LOL! AND YES, WELOME TO THE SITE! :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::ill:

• 1 month later...

I Love Lucy: The Pilot and the colorized version of the Christmas Show

The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour: Lucy Goes to Sun Valley

The Lucy Show: Lucy and the Stolen Stole

Here's Lucy: Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night

Life with Lucy: I watched them all in one day. The marathon that day was finished with World's Greatest Grandma.

The very last ones were watched back-to-back ... Lucy and the Stolen Stole and Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night.

• 2 weeks later...

I know some of you will think this is nuts but...whenever a season of TLS or HL comes out I intentionally don't watch a handful of episodes so I'll have some "new" Lucy for the future. Tonight I watched Lucy and the Music World for the first time. I'm usually not a fan of eps with music numbers (aside from Desi's on I Love Lucy and the rare non-corny number) but I have to say I really liked this episode. Lucy looks damn good at the end (even if the wig is a bit much I'll admit to liking it) and I thought the episode as a whole was funny.

I know some of you will think this is nuts but...whenever a season of TLS or HL comes out I intentionally don't watch a handful of episodes so I'll have some "new" Lucy for the future. Tonight I watched Lucy and the Music World for the first time. I'm usually not a fan of eps with music numbers (aside from Desi's on I Love Lucy and the rare non-corny number) but I have to say I really liked this episode. Lucy looks damn good at the end (even if the wig is a bit much I'll admit to liking it) and I thought the episode as a whole was funny.

We'll find out years from now if YOU could pull off something like that at the age she was when she did that show, LOL!

I don't think it's "nuts" but I don't see how you could resist the "temptation"! ;)

I hope to be as active as Lucy was all my life. The moment I'm not, surely I'll literally die of boredom.

And it is a temptation Joey. It was bizarre when I was watching the first season of HL the other day to stumble across an episode I'd never seen before. Loved it!

That is cool, I just don't see how you managed it! :D

Well I think you're going to have more to look forward to in a couple of months! ;)

Archived