Lucille Ball RKO Comedy Collection Vol. 1

Shemp

The DVD is now listed as available for pre-order on Amazon with a release date of September 20:

http://www.amazon.com/Mod-Lucille-Ball-RKO-Comedy-Collection/dp/B005H8DHN2/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1313816944&sr=1-2

I thought all the Warner Archive releases were only available new to order from Warner themselves, and only available online via 3rd party sellers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

RKO produced "A Girl, a Guy and a Gob" in 1941.

I know I know I know!!

Im always adding my two cents of how the art should look this way,

and how the cover should look this way lol- but I have to add my few cents this time lol

I Like the concept of the DVD cover- I think a caricature that resembled Lucy's features just a bit more would have been a bit more enjoyable though.

DONT GET ME WRONG- it's really good good good work- but it's not lucy lol

Sometimes, when i consider all of the Lucy artists that we all know-I wonder where they get these artists from? I LOVE the work, but the artist doesn't seem to KNOW the look of Lucille Ball, or try to show it in her features.

Even before the MGM years- she had a look-

I would say, something like this would have been just as cute. Done in color of course. Of course lol

300255_103778593061453_100002879378676_18281_8295072_n.jpg

I know I know I know!!

Im always adding my two cents of how the art should look this way,

and how the cover should look this way lol- but I have to add my few cents this time lol

I like the concept of the DVD cover- I think a caricature that resembled Lucy's features just a bit more would have been enjoyable.

I wonder where they get these artists from? I LOVE the work, but the artist doesn't seem to KNOW the look of Lucille Ball.

Even before the MGM years- she had a look-

I would say, something like this would have been just as cute. Done in color of course. Of course lol

300255_103778593061453_100002879378676_18281_8295072_n.jpg

Holy wow is that stunning!!!

(In my southern accent) Thanks honey :) lol

I always, ALWAYS love your stuff because it's typically older Lucy but I'd love to see some of her in her younger years now! :peachonthebeach:

Only a small proportion of Burns and Allen's radio shows are available. I wish their TV episodes were available (properly restored) not to mention Jack Benny's TV shows.

I'd especially love to see Burns and Allen outside of crappy public domain releases!

I always, ALWAYS love your stuff because it's typically older Lucy but I'd love to see some of her in her younger years now! :peachonthebeach:

I'd especially love to see Burns and Allen outside of crappy public domain releases!

Why thank you. I love for others to enjoy Lucy creations. It's so creative and unique.

I guess it's the ESFP in me...well Im all ESFP lolol

You should see the piece I have for sale at the store- it's rely Lucy's. I almost cried when it was all done lol

Click below you can see it. Im not too sure if it'll be too big for the site and I don't want to go out of the borders.

Lucy

George Burns made a fortune in the 50s or 60s when he sold 0ff his stake in the series to CBS. So they own the rights to the film episodes. I saw about 50 episodes from the first two film series around 1990 on UK satellite TV. Brilliant stuff. Lucy was more physical comedy, Gracie was verbal comedy (and she was the Queen of that type of comedy)

Why thank you. I love for others to enjoy Lucy creations. It's so creative and unique.

I guess it's the ESFP in me...well Im all ESFP lolol

You should see the piece I have for sale at the store- it's rely Lucy's. I almost cried when it was all done lol

Click below you can see it. Im not too sure if it'll be too big for the site and I don't want to go out of the borders.

Lucy

WOW!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Archived