Life With Lucy article

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great articles; thanks for posting them! :D Interesting comments underneath the Life With Lucy one, some from people who worked on the show.

Thanks for pointing those out, i missed them first time i went to that article. The comments from Lucy insider Stu Shostak are especially compelling.

Thanks for pointing those out, i missed them first time i went to that article. The comments from Lucy insider Stu Shostak are especially compelling.

Cuddles, as I did, I'm sure this comment stood out in particular for you:

"She never should have done the series in the first place, but Gary saw $$."

Then: "She loved the kids, she loved the crew, and if she knew that Gary turned down the offer to continue the series at a reduced rate, she probably would have killed him because most of all, she LOVED going to work again every day. I don't think she cared about the money one bit."

Verrrrry interesting! :D

Cuddles, as I did, I'm sure this comment stood out in particular for you:

"She never should have done the series in the first place, but Gary saw $$."

Then: "She loved the kids, she loved the crew, and if she knew that Gary turned down the offer to continue the series at a reduced rate, she probably would have killed him because most of all, she LOVED going to work again every day. I don't think she cared about the money one bit."

Verrrrry interesting! :D

And Stu was their personal film archivist, right? So he knew the bastard very well. :lucydisgust::obrien::angry:

Here in the UK we got the short lived sitcoms HART OF THE YARD (the UK title of Ron Moody's late 70s/early 80s sitcom), POLICE SQUAD, STRUCK BY LIGHTNING. But we never got LIFE WITH LUCY.

Really? I thought they said the show was doing well in your area or rather HAD done better than in the USA.

Really? I thought they said the show was doing well in your area or rather HAD done better than in the USA.

No, LWL has never been aired on any UK channel. Not even cable/satellite channels. I know we had a complete run of I LOVE LUCY after Lucille had died, though I don't know if the hour episodes were ever seen - I assume they were shown in the early 60s; I can't confirm if THE LUCY SHOW ever had a complete run here, certainly most of the color episodes were shown in the late 80s/early 90s; HERE'S LUCY had a complete run in the early 90s but these were the Lorimar syndicated heavily butchered prints (19-20mins each).

El no commento. lucydisgust.JPG

The mea culpa was for somehow double posting: I can never figure out how that happens!! Oh well....lucyshock.JPG

Sometimes, you press REPLY and nothing happens so if you're a hothead like MOI, you presse it again so violently that one time i had my post like 16 times.

No, LWL has never been aired on any UK channel. Not even cable/satellite channels. I know we had a complete run of I LOVE LUCY after Lucille had died, though I don't know if the hour episodes were ever seen - I assume they were shown in the early 60s; I can't confirm if THE LUCY SHOW ever had a complete run here, certainly most of the color episodes were shown in the late 80s/early 90s; HERE'S LUCY had a complete run in the early 90s but these were the Lorimar syndicated heavily butchered prints (19-20mins each).

Lorimar? I thought they only had dramas. I think i confused England with Australia, i think it was Aussie Laura who said it was doing well THERE.

Archived