Waiting for season 5 sets

Why do they take so long between releases? I thought all the interviews and extra stuff was finished long ago. Why do they tease us like this?! lol

I'm sure it takes a lot of time to put together such as menu design, graphic design for the packaging, making sure they have enough money for an adequate marketing campaign, clearing music rights, etc. I don't think they're just doing it for the sake of teasing us.

I'm sure it takes a lot of time to put together such as menu design, graphic design for the packaging, making sure they have enough money for an adequate marketing campaign, clearing music rights, etc. I don't think they're just doing it for the sake of teasing us.

Plus the fact that some of these folks involved working on these have day jobs, too! There are many, many factors involved in getting these to market, so a little latitude would certainly be refreshing.

Besides, once these are all out, there's not much else to look forward to! :o

• 3 weeks later...

While we're on the subject of possible releases down the line, there are a lot of people posting on the CBS Home Ent. facebook page who want to see I Love Lucy rereleased in colorized editions.

Personally, I think that's a terrible idea, as I Love Lucy is, pure and simple, MADE for black and white comedy! I admit there's a curiosity factor in seeing Lucy in color (the Scotland episode nonwithstanding), but I don't think colorizing the whole series has any real purpose. Somebody gave me a really hard time about my "purist" comments a while back, and I gave a very well reasoned rebuttel about colour calling attention to itself instead of the comedy, and how audiences today are spoiled and just expect everything in colour, etc. etc.

Now a Blu-ray edition down the line, with all episodes of a season on just one or two discs, would be a nice tough eventually.

Call me a "purist" or old fogey or whatever you think but I think colorizing and re-releasing all of ILL yet again is just going to the well -- the ca$h cow well, that is! -- one too many times. I know I'm in the minority and will get brickbats for this but I didn't think the colorized Scotland episode looked that great, certainly not done well enough to greenlight doing the whole series over again just to see it in color.

It wasn't made that way, it wasn't meant to be seen that way, and it should be left as is. They made similar stabs at doing the same for the B&W episodes of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie and they looked pretty crappy too. You can't tell me they did it for any other reason than to make an extra buck.

Guess artistic integrity goes out the window where TV classics are concerned.

So why do we need two separate threads on this?? :lucyhorror:

Okay, now that this one's (TLS) official, we should be hearing about HL S5 very, very SOON! ;)

That's a Lucy fan for you, Here's Lucy in London, but where's Lucy in Nashville, here's The Lucy Show season five, but when do we get Here's Lucy season five? LOL!

My Season Four's jusr arrived! I know...I'm slow. But at least I'll be all caught up with HL in preparation for the new release. I've spent the last week catching up on all the eps I missed in one-three, too. I'm not at all "Here's Lucied Out" though. Can't wait for more. :lucythrill:

Shouldn't be long! ;)

Archived