Random Things That Remind You of "Lucy"

I was in Toronto this afternoon and passed by this curiously named Chinese food restaurant:

2rm9lvm.jpg

After looking at the menu, I'm still not sure what is so fickle about it. Unless after eating their food it gives you a pain that sorta jumps around between your head and your stomach. Maybe their MSG makes one suddenly shy around movie stars? Maybe if you eat their McGillicuddy Foo Yeung a year later you're hungry again!

A few months ago I was heading down the main drag of my town and for no apparent reason some guy was sitting on a bench wearing Mary Jane's chicken costume from Lucy's Punctured Romance. LOL

103wl8x.jpg

Can't think of any off the top of my head but my dad did do a mean Vitameatavegimin imitation every night of the week. And i have done that person hiding under material pretending to be a chair so i could get this attractive guy to sit on me one time.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm prepping a multimedia thing for my grandmother's memorial service on Saturday and spend most of the day scanning old photos...but just came across this lu-lu of her, my mother, and aunt in the Summer of '54. Check out the checkerboard britches:

britches.jpg

I like to think my grandfather bought them for her for all those smart dinner parties she gave. LOL

I'm prepping a multimedia thing for my grandmother's memorial service on Saturday and spend most of the day scanning old photos...but just came across this lu-lu of her, my mother, and aunt in the Summer of '54. Check out the checkerboard britches:

britches.jpg

I like to think my grandfather bought them for her for all those smart dinner parties she gave. LOL

I bet she wanted a toaster instead. :lucythrill:

britches.jpg

I'd wear 'em....JK

After looking at the menu, I'm still not sure what is so fickle about it. Unless after eating their food it gives you a pain that sorta jumps around between your head and your stomach. Maybe their MSG makes one suddenly shy around movie stars? Maybe if you eat their McGillicuddy Foo Yeung a year later you're hungry again!

Do they serve ravioli foo yeung or chicken chow pizza? Maybe it's a restaurant for people who can't make up their minds.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A moment ago this exchange happened in our office.

General Manager: Do we have a crowbar around here?

(I couldn't resist)

Me: A crowwbahh? Well, no office would be complete without a crowwbahh!

:gale2:

Apparently the lock is busted on a filing cabinet. lol

A moment ago this exchange happened in our office.

General Manager: Do we have a crowbar around here?

(I couldn't resist)

Me: A crowwbahh? Well, no office would be complete without a crowwbahh!

:gale2:

Apparently the lock is busted on a filing cabinet. lol

If we didn't get one, you can always go to a WHAT DO THEY CALL IT AGAIN, A HADDWARRRRRRRRRE STOWE?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived