Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Ok, that Michael Feinstein special tonight on PBS sure was a surprise, talk about a special Lucy mention.  He gets a straw hat and back up singers for his rendition of Cuban Pete, then he starts talking about I Love Lucy, they show several pics of the famous couple and then he tells us that he bought some material from the Johnny Mercer estate, in which he found another version of the I Love Lucy theme that had never been heard anywhere.  He had just sung the version we know and that got a big hand, this other one got one also. 

Ok, that Michael Feinstein special tonight on PBS sure was a surprise, talk about a special Lucy mention.  He gets a straw hat and back up singers for his rendition of Cuban Pete, then he starts talking about I Love Lucy, they show several pics of the famous couple and then he tells us that he bought some material from the Johnny Mercer estate, in which he found another version of the I Love Lucy theme that had never been heard anywhere.  He had just sung the version we know and that got a big hand, this other one got one also. 

That's so cool! Will have to look for this as I think I just missed the airing you saw! :D

It was the reopening of the Rainbow room after a five year renovation, it opened in 1934 so it's 8 0 years old.  I can't believe you guys missed this, I told you about the one last week with Lady Ga Ga and Tony Bennett and at the end of it, they advertised THIS one.  There's nothing on so it was a great FIND.  When I heard the promo before it tonight, I heard Cuban Pete but had no idea he would do a whole segment on I Love Lucy and all.  Always liked the guy, thought he just played piano but he sings well too, really belts them out, not a casual laid back singer, more of a Broadway type, LOL!  Christine Ebersole, Cheyenne Jackson and Judy Squibb also performed.  Only an hour though.

• 2 weeks later...