The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread

Brady. She and Busty are going to have it out once and for all.

tumblr_m3bffduhFI1qcp26yo1_400.gif

I think they've been there, done that...but are actually friends.

Sadly....good ole' Marty put the kabosh a few years ago on a cabaret-type show Busty & Flo would tour with which would have them singing separately and together (natch) and tell stories of their similar career paths, with both finding their most lasting "fame" as two of TV's most famous -- and favorite -- moms of all time.  They were all for it but apparently he wasn't gonna get paid enough and the rest, as they say, is history.

Just another reason to hate the bastard! Would have LOVED to have seen this!!! :blink:

I think they've been there, done that...but are actually friends.

Sadly....good ole' Marty put the kabosh a few years ago on a cabaret-type show Busty & Flo would tour with which would have them singing separately and together (natch) and tell stories of their similar career paths, with both finding their most lasting "fame" as two of TV's most famous -- and favorite -- moms of all time.  They were all for it but apparently he wasn't gonna get paid enough and the rest, as they say, is history.

Just another reason to hate the bastard! Would have LOVED to have seen this!!! :blink:

Sadly? As someone who likes FloH's singing kept to a minimum, I think Marty did something right... for once. lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else see that rag "the Globe" at the supermarket this week??? UGH!!! There's not one but several horrid articles about how Lucy "really" died (oh really??), how Valerie Harper has just days to live, etc. etc.

Reprehensible!!!  And you thought the Enquirer was bad! :blink:

How did they say she died? Arsenic and Old Lace, featuring those old biddies Kenwith and Thompson?

• Like 1

Anyone else see that rag "the Globe" at the supermarket this week??? UGH!!! There's not one but several horrid articles about how Lucy "really" died (oh really??)...

Saw this yesterday. That was THE stupidist thing I've read all week. And I read about Palin's Trump endorsement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...