Lucy's Aussie Fan

What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

Freddie2    842
1 hour ago, Neil said:

You inspired me to watch "Eddie Albert" again.  This was done after "Mame".  Lucy looks SO GOOD, proving once again that the soft-focus shots (at least to that extreme) were not necessary for the movie.  We rarely saw Lucy's still-shapely legs by this time.  The choreography is very similar to the Dan Daily show.  This one was the 7th episode of the season and the first good one--and the first written by Bob & Madelyn.  Their little touches do make a difference: references to real-life.  "Joyce Haber's column" and "I saw him in 'Music Man'", which he did do on-stage.   Eddie does bellow his lines, which according to legend is what Lucy insisted upon, though she herself doesn't do it so much.  The 6th season really pepped up for the remainder of the run.   Since they had Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor in the last 2 seasons, I wonder if they thought of having the Carters visit "Hooterville" for a Green Acres plot.  

When the guest stars for the upcoming season was signed, Bob and Madelyn got their first pick.  So it's surprising that Helen Hayes was written by Fox&Jacobs.  Imagine if they had done a "Celebrity Next Door/Talullah" remake with Helen and Lucy upstaging each other in another Girl Friday Follies show!  With the exception of, I suppose, Steve&Eydie, the roster of 6th season guest stars wasn't exactly from the "A" list: Ed McMahon, Eddie, Chuck Connors,  that Bow Wow Boutique guy, Foster Brooks, Arte Johnson, Andy Griffith, Joan Rivers (before she was really hot), and return visits from Danny Thomas, Milton Berle, Phil Harris, Jackie Coogan of course Frankie Avalon! whose career had peaked 10 years earlier. 

We can't forget OJ- who, to put it mildly, was probably at his most-loved around 1973-74. As far as sixth season guest stars go, it was no small feat to hook Lucille Ball for an appearance!

HarryCarter    1,048

I watched the four broken leg story arc episodes, which are all great episodes of the series. I never noticed before that in Harrison Carter, Male Nurse, on her dresser, Lucy has a framed picture of her and the kids dressed as “Ma Parker,” “Herman,” and “Mildred!”

• Haha 1

Luvsbway    2,045
1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

I watched the four broken leg story arc episodes, which are all great episodes of the series. I never noticed before that in Harrison Carter, Male Nurse, on her dresser, Lucy has a framed picture of her and the kids dressed as “Ma Parker,” “Herman,” and “Mildred!”

I always wondered if little touches like that were Lucy's idea or one of the props people having a little fun. 

• Like 1