Sign in to follow this  
Brock

They Love Lucy: Celebrity Lucy Fans

Luvsbway    1,939
46 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

Liza Minnelli and Michael Feinstein salute Lucy for her birthday. 

I saw that pop up yesterday and thought, how sweet. 

• Like 1

Freddie2    794

I read a recent interview where Lindsay Mendez, this year's Tony winner for Best Featured Actress in a Musical, cites Lucy's work (including her MGM stuff!) as a great inspiration. 

Freddie2    794
Just now, Freddie2 said:

I read a recent interview where Lindsay Mendez, this year's Tony winner for Best Featured Actress in a Musical, cites Lucy's work (including her MGM stuff!) as a great inspiration. 

Random Lindsay Mendez-related anecdote that I just remembered:

Mendez won the Tony for her great performance in the revival of Carousel (she was certainly the best actress of the bunch). When I saw the revival, the great Renee Fleming made her entrance to thunderous applause and started to sing "June Is Bustin' Out All Over". My brain immediately froze, and I thought "Oh my gosh! Renee Fleming forgot the lyrics and she's ad-libbing!" But that wasn't the case. I only thought she was singing the wrong lyrics because I'm more familiar with Leslie Uggams' stellar rendition than I am with the actual, correct words. When "rum and river rishes" didn't pass through my ear, I thought something had gone very wrong.

Luvsbway    1,939
44 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Wow, even the MGM work, cool!

Luvsbway    1,939

I can't believe this quick clip is making the rounds like it is. If you listen to what Ricki says, she never even talked to Lucy. Geez, give the lady a break. And who cares if she was smoking, that's what she did. Ricki makes it sound like Lucy came in, acted like some diva and yelled at all of them. 

• Confused 1

HarryCarter    964
On September 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Freddie2 said:

"Lily of the Valley" is part of Lindsay Mendez's cabaret reptioire. 

Brock    3,298
On 11/22/2018 at 10:45 PM, HarryCarter said:

"Lily of the Valley" is part of Lindsay Mendez's cabaret reptioire. 

That's pretty amazing! She has exquisite taste.

• Like 1