Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Sorry, guy, NOT my idea of entertainment!!!! I'm OLD-fashioned, I guess. Loving you, JK

Dearie, it's what the young kids are BOPPIN to nowadays, let's go put on a Lawrence Welk album and remember when music was great. Actually, i never really appreciated that fake Welk crap, you could get diabetes from watching too much of it, BUT, Sinatra and Streisand, they were my favorites decades ago and they still are N O W !

Dearie, it's what the young kids are BOPPIN to nowadays, let's go put on a Lawrence Welk album and remember when music was great. Actually, i never really appreciated that fake Welk crap, you could get diabetes from wathing too much of it, BUT, Sinatra and Streisand, they were my favorites decades ago and they still are N O W !

Me. TOO!!!! Added to THAT list of two would be: Shirley Bassey, Della Reese, Nat King Cole, Dino, of course, Tony Bennett - nostalgia, at its best and finest . . . so many more, as well.

Me. TOO!!!! Added to THAT list of two would be: Shirley Bassey, Della Reese, Nat King Cole, Dino, of course, Tony Bennett - nostalgia, at its best and finest . . . so many more, as well.

Funny, never cared for Tony Bennett back then, but love him now. Dino and Sammy too. Shirley yes, Judy of course, she's a part of our DNA, Liza, Bette Midler, Cher, Elton, all the gay faves. Engelbert and Tom Jones, Lucy's fave Bobby Darin, Peggy Lee, Glen Campbell, back then, Michael Bubble and yes, the great Nat King Cole, play him a lot every Christmas. Dusty Springfield, Neil Diamond, Josh Groban, ABBA, The Beatles, Ray Charles, Gloria Estafan, Judy Collins, Harry Connick, and add twenty more if we include Broadway legends, Julie Andrews, . . .

ABBA!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, this is the thing, i hate the fact that Elton took forever to get a Grammy and i resent the fact that you guys just couldn't give ABBA their due over the decades, these four people had so many hits and so little success in the US , well, that is, until Mama Mia finally came around. :lucythrill:

I have the Definative Collection set. All worldwide #1s. Only on in the US, Dancing Queen. Good song but not my favorite.

That's the thing, the group just never got their due in the good ole US of A. Did you guys resent the group being from Sweden or something? LOL! They have such a great volume of HITS, even those old style videos of theirs for each song, with the just constant shots of the four of them singing, they're still great because the music is so addictive and enjoyable. Although the Beatles may have been the world's greatest group, ABBA and the BEE GEES are tied at number two for me.

Funny, never cared for Tony Bennett back then, but love him now. Dino and Sammy too. Shirley yes, Judy of course, she's a part of our DNA, Liza, Bette Midler, Cher, Elton, all the gay faves. Engelbert and Tom Jones, Lucy's fave Bobby Darin, Peggy Lee, Glen Campbell, back then, Michael Bubble and yes, the great Nat King Cole, play him a lot every Christmas. Dusty Springfield, Neil Diamond, Josh Groban, ABBA, The Beatles, Ray Charles, Gloria Estafan, Judy Collins, Harry Connick, and add twenty more if we include Broadway legends, Julie Andrews, . . .

Didya notice that most of the people you listed were REAL singers?? Let's see a list of "contemporaries" like that today -- it'd be very short, believe me!! lucyshock.JPG

Didya notice that most of the people you listed were REAL singers?? Let's see a list of "contemporaries" like that today -- it'd be very short, believe me!! lucyshock.JPG

Yup, the only ones on that list of the current generation are Bubble, Connick and Josh Groban, and those are the rare ones that i'd pay good money to see in concert. Now how the hell do i get Lucy in this to keep it on topic? When Lucy loved some singer, she could never get enough of them. She still listened to Bobby Darrin, even after he died. She worshipped Sinatra, and had an up and down relationship with Garland, she loved her talent, BUT hated what she put her kids through with her constant money problems. I think Liza might have complained to her about Mama too many times.

Yup, the only ones on that list of the current generation are Bubble, Connick and Josh Groban, and those are the rare ones that i'd pay good money to see in concert. Now how the hell do i get Lucy in this to keep it on topic? When Lucy loved some singer, she could never get enough of them. She still listened to Bobby Darrin, even after he died. She worshipped Sinatra, and had an up and down relationship with Garland, she loved her talent, BUT hated what she put her kids through with her constant money problems. I think Liza might have complained to her about Mama too many times.

Well Lucy didn't think Judy was a very good mother. I think that's why Vincente Minnelli gave Liza to Lucy and Desi for a while back when they were filming "The Long, Long Trailer." Judy just couldn't handle being a mother at that point.

Well Lucy didn't think Judy was a very good mother. I think that's why Vincente Minnelli gave Liza to Lucy and Desi for a while back when they were filming "The Long, Long Trailer." Judy just couldn't handle being a mother at that point.

Well yeah, i understand that being on pills and liquor is bad enough but always having money problems and sneaking your kids out of hotels so you can get away without paying the bill, with your kids wearing everything they own, that's just sad parenting skills. Orson Welles did the same thing with HIS kids and Lucy resented him for that also. Say what you will about Lucy, but her kids were always taken care of, even after she died, she had provided for them her whole life and made sure she left them security after she left this world.

Do you ever wonder what if Desi Jr and Liza got married and still were today?! Would've been crazy. But Amy is a doll of course too! :)

Macy's Parade this morning. New musical Bring It On was performing a pretty energetic song which named a lot a famous pairs. Among the many were Lucy and Ricky. I thought it was funny that the couple right after that was Brad and Angelena.

Has Lucy ever been referenced in any other showtunes? The only one that comes to mind is Somewhere That's Green from Little Shop of Horrors.

Macy's Parade this morning. New musical Bring It On was performing a pretty energetic song which named a lot a famous pairs. Among the many were Lucy and Ricky. I thought it was funny that the couple right after that was Brad and Angelena.

Has Lucy ever been referenced in any other showtunes? The only one that comes to mind is Somewhere That's Green from Little Shop of Horrors.

How about that song from a musical movie with Judy Holiday, everybody sings about all these famous people and Lucille Ball is mentionned because this is before her TV success.

How about that song from a musical movie with Judy Holiday, everybody sings about all these famous people and Lucille Ball is mentionned because this is before her TV success.

That is "Drop That Night" from Bells are Ringing. The musical opened on Broadway in 1956 and the movie was in 1960, so it came after Lucy's TV success.

There's a song from the disastrous 1971 musical Prettybelle called "When I'm Drunk, I'm Beautiful." One lyric in the song mentions "Harlow, Monroe, Miss Lucy Ball." The star of the show and singer of the song: Angela Lansbury. This is after Angela's stint as Mame on Broadway and before the movie was cast. The show was a huge disaster and closed on the road before it reached Broadway.