LUCY DESI MOVIE COLLECTION

Just finished the last of these 3 films. The first, Too Many Girls, was a very lame musical comedy which held little interest for me. The Long Long Trailer and Forever Darling were much better, as they were filmed during the I Love Lucy years they were fairly good fun, with Trailer being funnier than Darling. One thing I couldn't get used to was their characters not being called "Lucy" and "Ricky", and the absence of Vivian Vance and Bill Frawley.

Just finished the last of these 3 films. The first, Too Many Girls, was a very lame musical comedy which held little interest for me. The Long Long Trailer and Forever Darling were much better, as they were filmed during the I Love Lucy years they were fairly good fun, with Trailer being funnier than Darling. One thing I couldn't get used to was their characters not being called "Lucy" and "Ricky", and the absence of Vivian Vance and Bill Frawley.

I always felt that "The Long, Long Trailer" is so OVERRATED. It runs too long and is one of the few times, where a Lucille Ball character truly ANNOYED me. She was so whiny in the movie. It became grating after a while.

I Much prefer viewing Forever Darling even though it's not looked back as fondly and doesn't re-run on TCM as often.

I agree, was never that fond of Too Many Girls, the story of Desi's real life, LOL! But Long Long Trailer is a classic, Forever Darling not as great or as funny but Lucy looks so great in it that i watch it anyway.

I always felt that "The Long, Long Trailer" is so OVERRATED. It runs too long and is one of the few times, where a Lucille Ball character truly ANNOYED me. She was so whiny in the movie. It became grating after a while.

I Much prefer viewing Forever Darling even though it's not looked back as fondly and doesn't re-run on TCM as often.

OMG! Sacrilege! lucyhorror.JPG

Lucy and Desi had one of the greatest director in Hollywood, Vincent Minelli. I think this is one of Lucy and Desi's best film done together. I love Lucy and Desi singing together while they were driving through Yosemite. Lucy is in fine form in her singing not dubbed by other singers in her earlier films nor the exaggerated out of tone singing that Lucy Ricardo does on "I Love Lucy". It would have been cute to have Vivian Vance and William Frawley have bit or cameo character parts in this film. How about the trailer party crashers at the trailer park?

Lucy and Desi had one of the greatest director in Hollywood, Vincent Minelli. I think this is one of Lucy and Desi's best film done together. I love Lucy and Desi singing together while they were driving through Yosemite. Lucy is in fine form in her singing not dubbed by other singers in her earlier films nor the exaggerated out of tone singing that Lucy Ricardo does on "I Love Lucy". It would have been cute to have Vivian Vance and William Frawley have bit or cameo character parts in this film. How about the trailer party crashers at the trailer park?

It would not have made sense, this was something completely different from the tv show.

Having finished the Warner set, I have now moved on to the Lucille Ball Film Collection set, and watched the odd DANCE GIRL DANCE. Interesting cast, not a musical or comedy, more a showbizzy type drama. The film only just managed to keep my interest.

Same here but don't say that too loud, it's one of Brockie's all time favorites i think, LOL!

It would not have made sense, this was something completely different from the tv show.

How about Vivian Vance and William Frawley as extras walking across the street with other extras walking behind Keenan Wynn so they won't block him?..... A Hitchcock style of a cameo no dialog and on camera for about one and half seconds...... I would even allow it to be edited down to a half second if the exposure on the camera is too long at one and half...... Maybe Vivian and William could run across the street so you would have to freeze frame them to identify them...............

Forget "The Long, Long Trailer" let them be extras at the wedding scene in "Forever Darling".

How about Vivian Vance and William Frawley as extras walking across the street with other extras walking behind Keenan Wynn so they won't block him?..... A Hitchcock style of a cameo no dialog and on camera for about one and half seconds...... I would even allow it to be edited down to a half second if the exposure on the camera is too long at one and half...... Maybe Vivian and William could run across the street so you would have to freeze frame them to identify them...............

Forget "The Long, Long Trailer" let them be extras at the wedding scene in "Forever Darling".

I guess their presence would have been distracting from the fact that they wanted different characters for Lucy and Desi, but maybe you're right, on Forever Darling, little cameos or something.

continuing my way through the Lucille Ball Movie collection. Watching DU BARRY WAS A LADY. Some good laughs in this from Red Skelton. It's still "Lucille Ball actress" rather than "Lucy" here - she would become "Lucy" around 1950.

Yes, a bit in Miss Grant Takes Richmond, specifically the secretary scene. Then madcap Lucy in Fuller Brush Girl, ironically at Columbia, the first studio to recognize her comedic talents and give her work that showed it off.

Archived