Lucy A - Z -- F!

Brock

In honor of HIS birthday:

Florenz Ziegfeld, Jr., b. 03/21/67 d. 07/22/32

Florenz Ziegfeld, Jr., Producer; Lucille Ball early film career mentor and friend, an American Broadway impresario, Lucille having appeared in an all-star, semi-biographical film, Ziegfeld Follies, 1946, also co-starring William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), among many others, is born this date in 1867.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominic Frontiere b. 06/17/31 d. alive

Dominic Frontiere, Emmy-Award winning, music composer/director, with Lucille Ball, among many others, Swing Out, Sweet Land, 1971; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Who Is The Black Dahlia?, 1975; is born this date in 1931.

Art Fleming b. 05/01/24 d. 04/25/95

Art Fleming, popular television game show host, Jeopardy, several years; guest, in Desilu Productions', The Ann Sothern Show, “Katy's Big Surprise”, 1959; as well as The Californians, as Jeremy Pitt, 32 episodes, 1958-59; is born this date in 1924.

Totie Fields b. 5/7/30 d. 8/2/78

Totie Fields, as Poopsie, is Lucille Ball’s guest, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy, the Other Woman”, 1972; honors Lucille, with others, on The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast, Lucille Ball, 1975; as well as, with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 50 Years of Funny Females, each via archival footage, 1995, is born this date in 1930.

Totie Fields b. 5/7/30 d. 8/2/78

Totie Fields, as Poopsie, is Lucille Ball’s guest, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy, the Other Woman”, 1972; honors Lucille, with others, on The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast, Lucille Ball, 1975; as well as, with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 50 Years of Funny Females, each via archival footage, 1995, is born this date in 1930.

OMG, she never made it to 50??! I didn't realize that! Gawd, I loved seeing her whenever she appeared on Mike Douglas or Merv Griffin! And LB must really have thought highly of her to have a whole ep written with her in mind! Such a shame. Sad. Sigh. lucyblah.JPG

Umberto Fabriani--Lucy Carmichael's marvelous flat tire, I mean, Italian millionaire boyfriend, (TLS, "Lucy Meets a Millionaire")

Fabriani & Fabriani (Company owned by Umberto and his father)

:viv2: Oh, good, there's two of 'em! Dibs on the other one!!

Della Fox

Costume and Wardrobe Department | Costume Designer

Angel (Desilu Productions' TV series) (costumer - 5 episodes)

The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour (TV series) (costumer - 12 episodes)

Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse (TV series) (costumer - 1 episode)

I Spy (Desilu Studios'-filmed, 4 episodes) TV series) (costumes - 36 episodes)

The Lucy Show (TV series) (costumer - 11 episodes)

(Brock, I :marionstrong: at the "potential masher" description at the end of Vittorio Fillipe!)

FLY - Another name for Sam, of the Sam & Dorothy couple that Lucy invited over for dinner to show him how wonderful marriage was so that he would hopefully ( & finally!) propose.

:desi1: "Who's coming over for dinner?"

:lucysmirk: "Dorothy & Sam."

:desi1: "Oh! Dorothy Spider & Sam Fly. Hasn't she gotten him into her parlour yet?"

Archived