You know, when something is a failure (or in Mame's case, perceived as one), everyone comes out of the woodwork to say they advised against it. "LWL" is another example.

Did anyone advise her against sticking her neck out for one of her successes? Wildcat? (which I categorize as a success based on her critical reception) Stone Pillow? or her blockbuster "Yours Mine and OUrs"...as in "Lucy, you're too old to play a pregnant woman". We don't think of it now, but returning to television in a series after I Love Lucy was a major gamble. There was no guarantee the public would accept her in "the Lucy Show". I wonder how successful TLS would have been if a) they had scheduled it in the time slot CBS originally wanted to: Sunday at 9 against Bonanza; or b ) if the Bobs and Madelyn had not been available and she had hired Milt J right off the bat. The trampoline would have given off a shower of sparks and smoke!

I think Loose would have done well against Bonanza, Americans loved westerns but they also loved their LUCY, but you have a point about the rest though, LOL!

This same bar showed an extended clip of I Love Lucy which was really a crowd pleaser. They chose the chocolate factory scene--never one of my all-time favs but probably the one most often mentioned by the "masses".

This segued into a segment they edited showing a scene from the movie version of "Sex in the City" in which the raunchy one was complaining about the taste of her boyfriend's "spunk". Cut to scene to illustrate with voice over. Then cut to I Love Lucy Vitametavegim "It's so tasty too!"

Never saw the "sex" series or movies.

I was at a bar that was running showtune videos and they played Bosom Buddies. I eavesdropped on a comment that they had heard this movie was bad but really enjoyed this clip. Another comment

"Who's that singing with Lucy?" Answer from friend: PHYLLIS DILLER!!

This same bar showed an extended clip of I Love Lucy which was really a crowd pleaser. They chose the chocolate factory scene--never one of my all-time favs but probably the one most often mentioned by the "masses".

This segued into a segment they edited showing a scene from the movie version of "Sex in the City" in which the raunchy one was complaining about the taste of her boyfriend's "spunk". Cut to scene to illustrate with voice over. Then cut to I Love Lucy Vitametavegim "It's so tasty too!"

Never saw the "sex" series or movies.

LOL!  Funny.  But when you say the chocolate factory is a favorite among us MASSES, smile when you say that!  I'ts my number two after Vita.

Behold! One of the strangest threads in recent Lounge history: http://www.lucylounge.com/index.php?/topic/2015-lucy-and-mame-oil-and-water/

Couple comments:  Person trashing Lucille does not want to be identified; but, 'chastises those who ALSO use blog identities'; point #2:  this anonymous 'person' must have watched Mame many times to be able to be recalling all supposed flaws against our girl; and LASTLY, I loved Lucy as Mame; I loved Roz as Mame; only watched each show ONCE, for ENTERTAINMENT; and God Knows:  Lucille has given each of us in our own way(s), ENTERTAINMENT, for 60+ years, at LEAST...and continues to do so!

What I DON'T UNDERSTAND is why our esteemed moderator let it go on for 10+ pages worth of the brown stuff!!!! 

Hope THIS new year finds each of us in a much more gentle spirit.  After that two-day 'screwoff', it's a wonder no one got preggers!!!!

There is ONE LINE from all the entire 'other' thread which bears repeating everywhere; we won't identify who it came from:  " Your crapper is currently exceeding it's limit. "

I DO LOVE THAT LINE!!!!

Loving submitted, JK

• Like 1

Had this person, in fact, EVER posted prior to this Mame-blasting?  Or....SINCE?

I think he did prior to this Mame thing.  I remember he had some snarky comments about someone's avatar lol.  He's just some lonely, middle-aged, 400-pound man who probably still lives in his mom's basement lol.  

Wow.... Really? Someone offers an opinion and jus because it doesn't coinside with the.majority....everyone wqnts him banned? And he is.a punk who dwells in a basement of.his.parents? C'mon half.the fun of this group is.its.diverse.acceptance of others...but lately im not so sure.... We are.here honoring a legend...not dissin each other for.our opinions... Well i love lucy as much as anyone here...but c'mon we know she wasn't giving here complete all in Mame....I love Mame...but many times I feel she cud hav been a bit better...specually in the opening.scenes...

Wow.... Really? Someone offers an opinion and jus because it doesn't coinside with the.majority....everyone wqnts him banned? And he is.a punk who dwells in a basement of.his.parents? C'mon half.the fun of this group is.its.diverse.acceptance of others...but lately im not so sure.... We are.here honoring a legend...not dissin each other for.our opinions... Well i love lucy as much as anyone here...but c'mon we know she wasn't giving here complete all in Mame....I love Mame...but many times I feel she cud hav been a bit better...specually in the opening.scenes...

Excuse me, did you not read the thread Brock posted a link to?  We're all open to having different opinions on this board, but Yendor was an obnoxious asshole who only wanted to fire everyone up to get his jollies.  You need to slow your roll.

• Like 1