I Love Lucy DVD re-issue (Seasons 1-4 on Oct. 9) -- Cover Art!

Brock

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

!!*#$@&$(&*(&!!@@@()_$**##!!

Translation: The new packaging looks great. One thing you have to remember is they really want these covers to jump off the shelf (or webpage) at consumers and these certainly will. They probably also want to differentiate from The Lucy Show which has similar design to the first run of ILL season sets.

Walmart has images of the 3 coming out in Novemeber that show the spine art and imply clear cases. Note the adorable subliminal grape earrings they gave her on the Season 5 cover. :lucyhaha:

0009736147374_500X500.jpg

0009736147384_500X500.jpg

0009736147394_500X500.jpg

I'm confused --and fully prepared to be set straight-- but where did the original info regarding "new 16mm" prints originate, and why are we to take tjw's words to the contrary as fact? (no offense meant)

I really want those uncut Comedy Hours, damn it, and though I wish these were blurays, at $14 a pop it's hard to complain about these new, compact editions of the greatest television show of all times. *sassy finger wave*

Translation: The new packaging looks great. One thing you have to remember is they really want these covers to jump off of the shelf at consumers and these certainly will.

Walmart has images of the 3 coming out in Novemeber that show the spine art and imply clear cases. Note the adorable subliminal grape earrings they gave her on the Season 5 cover. :lucyhaha:

I'm confused --and fully prepared to be set straight-- but where did the original info regarding "new 16mm" prints originate, and why are we to take tjw's words to the contrary as fact? (no offense meant)

I really want those uncut Comedy Hours, damn it, and though I wish these were blurays, at $14 a pop it's hard to complain about these new, compact editions of the greatest television show of all times. *sassy finger wave*

Love the new packaging -- great to see the spines. As for the "new 16mm prints" info, that information came from Gregg Oppenheimer, but was corrected by TJM, the brains behind the final set, that the those are coming later.

Thanks for the info, Brock. These are only $13 and change on most sites I've found them on, so regardless, I'm going to have to pick them up. They're so snazzy.

If it weren't Lucy I wouldn't double dip... Hell, this is going to be a quadruple dip on the first season. :lol:

16mm? I thought 35mm.

I think that's what we've all meant (though some of the excised footage might not be available on 35mm).

Translation: The new packaging looks great. One thing you have to remember is they really want these covers to jump off the shelf (or webpage) at consumers and these certainly will. They probably also want to differentiate from The Lucy Show which has similar design to the first run of ILL season sets.

... that makes sense,and there was never an argument about whether it looks great. I think we all agree it looks good...but.. I guess its just a matter of opinion- Its a good effort.. and it does serve its purpose now that you mention it. Cheers to it. At least its art, and not colored BW pics.

LOVE how it looks!! so excited!

LOVE how it looks!! so excited!

I'm confused about TLDCH. Am I to understand that for these new-packaged sets, there's no difference from the original set, and then they're also upgrading it and re-releasing it again later? I thought the only scene missing was from the Tallulha Banks episode. :unsure:

I'm confused about TLDCH. Am I to understand that for these new-packaged sets, there's no difference from the original set, and then they're also upgrading it and re-releasing it again later? I thought the only scene missing was from the Tallulha Banks episode. :unsure:

There are several scenes from other episodes that were included as low-quality bonus features... so I would imagine these new versions include those integrated into the episodes again.

I would HOPE that this would indicate a Blu-Ray Lucy collection somewhere down the line, but who knows at this point. The one being released later this year seems to be the discs that are already out, just in a new box.

There are several scenes from other episodes that were included as low-quality bonus features... so I would imagine these new versions include those integrated into the episodes again.

I would HOPE that this would indicate a Blu-Ray Lucy collection somewhere down the line, but who knows at this point. The one being released later this year seems to be the discs that are already out, just in a new box.

Those BLU-rays will look terrific with Lucy's RED hair. :marionstrong:

Seriously, something may be wrong with me. I can't get over how much I love these redesigns and I hope that the discs and menus have been spruced up as well. :)

No, I don't think the menus are going to be updated, I'm almost positive it is just new packaging. And it's not just you, I love these designs too!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived