Special Dates

Annaleigh

I always wondered if anyone knew of the date of Lucy and Desi's meeting? Hell even the month! Desi said they were courting for six months. So May?

I'm looking forward to the answer to this, as well; however, with all those folks waiting in line to be the 'one' who introduced them; and since they hardly fell in love at first sight - it took an hour or so - guess we will never know EXACTLY....

I'm looking forward to the answer to this, as well; however, with all those folks waiting in line to be the 'one' who introduced them; and since they hardly fell in love at first sight - it took an hour or so - guess we will never know EXACTLY....

I've always wondered this. I hope someone knows. I'm surprised Lucy and Desi never said the exact date.

They saw each other at RKO WHILE she was doing Dance Girl Dance's fight scene, then at lunch later on with her fixed up. They had their first REAL date at Eddie Bracken's pool party the following Sunday i think, came with dates but left with each other i think. Freckles and that famous director bit the dust that day. Harry must know.

They saw each other at RKO WHILE she was doing Dance Girl Dance's fight scene, then at lunch later on with her fixed up. They had their first REAL date at Eddie Bracken's pool party the following Sunday i think, came with dates but left with each other i think. Freckles and that famous director bit the dust that day. Harry must know.

Well c'mon now we all know the story of the meeting and falling in love. I just wanna know the date of the meeting. Haha.

It's June 1940. That's all I've got.

Someone needs to put Maureen under hypnosis to get the specifics.

Edited to add: Huh. It just struck me that with people like Van Johnson and Frances Langford gone now, not to mention Fred and Cleo, Maureen O'Hara must be the only one left who was "on the scene" at this auspicious occasion.

Get a copy of the shooting schedule, go to the fight scene and we'll know. :lucythrill:

From Brady, Lucille, p. 110:

'film wrapped on August 15, 1940, a Thursday...'

From Arnaz, A Book, . . . 'with Richard, [his friend, dresser/chauffeur], back at Studio, Friday, 5:00 p.m.,- Fridays in June 7,14,21,28 going over music, when he saw Lucille, again, this time without make-up from filming; she was blonde, with blue eyes, re-introduced as part of film ingenue in his film. 'On to El Zarape, dinner, dancing,' . . . he 'took her home; said good night'. . .

Saturday, [June: 1,8,15,22,29] his girlfriend, who he calls Freckles, fiance, Renee deMarco] arrived;

Sunday, [June: 2,9,16,23,30] he went, with Freckles, to Eddie Bracken's house, in Malibu, for a day at the beach, Hollywood and Broadway casts joined together.; re-met Lucille; sat on the beach, at HER suggestion;

'I sat down and never went back to Freckles', . .

'to her apartment that night'. . .

NOW, to narrow down the date. . .

I've checked my Perpetucal Calendar I've had for years in 1940 - dates are above; days: according to Desi, pick a weekend, if they met in June...

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO RESEARCH A SHOOTING SCHEDULE OF DANCE GIRL DANCE? IF SO, WOULD IMDb HAVE IT? I'LL INQUIRE... JK

From Arnaz, A Book, . . . 'with Richard, [his friend, dresser/chauffeur], back at Studio, Friday, 5:00 p.m.,- Fridays in June 7,14,21,28 going over music, when he saw Lucille, again, this time without make-up from filming; she was blonde, with blue eyes, re-introduced as part of film ingenue in his film. 'On to El Zarape, dinner, dancing,' . . . he 'took her home; said good night'. . .

Saturday, [June: 1,8,15,22,29] his girlfriend, who he calls Freckles, fiance, Renee deMarco] arrived;

Sunday, [June: 2,9,16,23,30] he went, with Freckles, to Eddie Bracken's house, in Malibu, for a day at the beach, Hollywood and Broadway casts joined together.; re-met Lucille; sat on the beach, at HER suggestion;

I've checked my Perpetucal Calendar I've had for years in 1940 - dates are above; days: according to Desi, pick a weekend, if they met in June...

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO RESEARCH A SHOOTING SCHEDULE OF DANCE GIRL DANCE? IF SO, WOULD IMDb HAVE IT? I'LL INQUIRE... JK

WOW THIS IS BRILLIANT. I still havent read Desi book yet. I know I must but I cant find a good copy anywhere.

I LOVE HOW HE GOES INTO SO MUCH DETAIL.

Seems like Lucy leaves the details into factual statements.

Like "we met and fell in love, and married"

thats about it, she didnt think any one even cared to know specifics like that, and thought to keep them private.

Im just so surprised how the love is still alive and still being looked after by so many of us fans. Its amazing

Very good info. So were guessing June 7? Not definate if course! But close!

Someone needs to put Maureen under hypnosis to get the specifics.

Edited to add: Huh. It just struck me that with people like Van Johnson and Frances Langford gone now, not to mention Fred and Cleo, Maureen O'Hara must be the only one left who was "on the scene" at this auspicious occasion.

Are you sure, i thought there were at least ten thousand people who have claimed to have been there at that particular time. :lucythrill:

It's a shame you and Harry never do go into detail in any way. :lucythrill:

June 7, of course. They met on my birthday, 39 years in the past. Hehehehe. :marionstrong:

Haha! I also find it hilarious that the date July 17, is quite popular to Lucy related people/relatives and that is my sisters birthday. Also the number 7 seems very common in the Lucy's family when it comes to dates and years. We have that in my family also with that number.

Haha! I also find it hilarious that the date July 17, is quite popular to Lucy related people/relatives and that is my sisters birthday. Also the number 7 seems very common in the Lucy's family when it comes to dates and years. We have that in my family also with that number.

I know, Lucy's "August sixth, period" birthday, was my parents' wedding anniversary. :lucythrill:

August 6th was also my great-grandma's birthday and is my dog's birthday. It was written in the stars. LOL

I'd love to see a whole numerological update of all of Lucy's numbers. Including her being born 11 years into a decade and exiting 11 years before the start of the new one. :lucyhorror:

In the "Lucy at the Movies" book the shooting months are listed as April-July for Dance Girl Dance. It also mentions Too Many Girls wrapped on July 31st. TMG had a 6 week shooting schedule.

Well, that DOES fit in with the dates we have so far although we dunt know when the fight scene was shot.

Archived