Box of memorabilia uploads

Neil

To "All in the Family" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" NYAAAAHHH!

Could this award, the season average ratings spike and Gale's Emmy nom ALL have come from the strength of "Meets Burtons"?

Because as a whole, I think the 3rd season is possibly the worst.

This was reported in Variey in Sept. 71. Don't know when the ceremony took place.

HL1971Award.jpg

This ad campaign for "Mame" replaced the collage format. This was quite large: about 1/6th of the entire page.

MameBagdad2ndAd52474.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To "All in the Family" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" NYAAAAHHH!

Could this award, the season average ratings spike and Gale's Emmy nom ALL have come from the strength of "Meets Burtons"?

Because as a whole, I think the 3rd season is possibly the worst.

This was reported in Variey in Sept. 71. Don't know when the ceremony took place.

HL1971Award.jpg

This ad campaign for "Mame" replaced the collage format. This was quite large: about 1/6th of the entire page.

MameBagdad2ndAd52474.jpg

OMG, i'd like to get those two things framed! Laminated! Copied! Circulated! etc . . .

By the way, is that the BAGDAD theater or beautiful downtown Baghdad? :marionstrong:

In 1974 the big movies were still opening in downtown Portland at what was left of the palaces.

The Bagdad was (is) in a slightest lower-rent part of town but won the Mame bid and constructed a big Mame mural covering the side of the theater.

And the next picture:

'MOTHER IS A MEANIE!!; MOTHER IS A MEANIE!!"

LucieMeanie.jpg

In 1974 the big movies were still opening in downtown Portland at what was left of the palaces.

The Bagdad was (is) in a slightest lower-rent part of town but won the Mame bid and constructed a big Mame mural covering the side of the theater.

And the next picture:

'MOTHER IS A MEANIE!!; MOTHER IS A MEANIE!!"

LucieMeanie.jpg

Now now, don't get me started on THAT! :lucydesi: earned it and :luciedesi: spent it.

In the BBC TV Guide...I guess it was running at Sunday afternoons at 5:05? Well better than 23 minutes past 4. January 1966. BBC ran only a handful of American shows. I did not see I Love Lucy in the listings. When you've got "Farming Club" as a lead-in, the ratings are in the bag!

BBCTVGJan66.jpg

IConfess.jpg

IRSProbMay74.jpg

Also sharing the front page of this edition of "The Tattler"...Is this apparent revelation about Jim Nabors so newsworthy that it merits a headline ABOVE the masthead??

NaborsTattler.jpg

And one more non-Lucy article that I could not resist---from the Enquirer. They certainly doesn't mince words when it comes to putting fatties in their place...(and the average weight of their readership is....??), but talk about hitting below where your belt would be if you weren't too fat to get one around your GIRTH: calling someone flabby, enormous and bottomless all in the first three sentences!!

EnquirerFatty-small.jpg

IRSProbMay74.jpg

Also sharing the front page of this edition of "The Tattler"...Is this apparent revelation about Jim Nabors so newsworthy that it merits a headline ABOVE the masthead??

NaborsTattler.jpg

And one more non-Lucy article that I could not resist---from the Enquirer. They certainly doesn't mince words when it comes to putting fatties in their place...(and the average weight of their readership is....??), but talk about hitting below where your belt would be if you weren't too fat to get one around your GIRTH: calling someone flabby, enormous and bottomless all in the first three sentences!!

EnquirerFatty-small.jpg

Well, if it's in The Tattler, then it HAS to be TRUE, LOL! That was the year Lucy started renting rooms on Roxbury, selling her clothes to friends and fans, giving tours of the house herself and even delivering pizza on weekends.

I found a page from Variety, too large to scan that lists all the TV shows for the upcoming 72-73 season and their per episode budgets.

Most of the half hour sitcoms have a budget of between $95,000 or $100,000. A couple of them go up to $110,000, but that's the highest except for

Here's Lucy, the oldest one on the list (tie with Doris Day) and has a budget of $125,000 (STILL trying to defray the cost of "Burtons"???)

But it's not the highest price sitcom. That honor goes to "Little People" a sitcom starring Brian Keith that was new that year. I never saw it but I think it was filmed in Hawaii and that may be the reason for it's $132,000 per episode price tag.

If you count HL and LS as the same continuous series, it's the oldest on the entire list except for Gunsmoke--I'm not counting Disney or NBC Saturday Night Movie. And really I think by that time Gunsmoke had turned into more of an anthology series, relying less on the regulars and more on "strangers in these parts" for their stories.

I found a page from Variety, too large to scan that lists all the TV shows for the upcoming 72-73 season and their per episode budgets.

Most of the half hour sitcoms have a budget of between $95,000 or $100,000. A couple of them go up to $110,000.

Here's Lucy is the oldest one on the list and has a budget of $125,000 (STILL trying to defray the cost of "Burtons"!)

But it's not the highest price sitcom. That honor goes to "Little People" a sitcom starring Brian Keith that was new that year. I never saw it but I think it was filmed in Hawaii and that may be the reason for it's $132,000 per episode price tag.

If you count HL and LS as the same continuous series, it's the oldest on the entire list except for Gunsmoke--I'm not counting Disney or NBC Saturday Night Movie.

Isn't it great for you to go through all those memories in that box, i am so YEALOUS. I had one of those and threw mine out once i got to a certain age, stupidest move i ever made.

Most of the half hour sitcoms have a budget of between $95,000 or $100,000. A couple of them go up to $110,000, but that's the highest except for

Here's Lucy, the oldest one on the list (tie with Doris Day) and has a budget of $125,000 (STILL trying to defray the cost of "Burtons"???)

If you count HL and LS as the same continuous series, it's the oldest on the entire list except for Gunsmoke--I'm not counting Disney or NBC Saturday Night Movie. And really I think by that time Gunsmoke had turned into more of an anthology series, relying less on the regulars and more on "strangers in these parts" for their stories.

It's the cost of production that often does the older shows in... particularly once the ratings start to slide... But even when the ratings are stellar, there's an investment vs. delivery analysis that the networks do every spring...

Imagine if you were psychic in 1952 and got a glimpse into the future , 38 years hence, and told people I Love Lucy would STILL be #1.

(Psychics don't always get an explanation of their vision, so this only saw the top 10 TV shows for that week without knowing it was a one time May 1990 special showing of the pilot).

ILLTopTen591990.jpg

Imagine if you were psychic in 1952 and got a glimpse into the future , 38 years hence, and told people I Love Lucy would STILL be #1.

(Psychics don't always get an explanation of their vision, so this only saw the top 10 TV shows for that week without knowing it was a one time May 1990 special showing of the pilot).

ILLTopTen591990.jpg

What followed the ILL pilot that night? I'd love to see their ratings because lead in is so important in tv, look at that crappy different world being in the top ten because it followed Cosby.

Archived