Wadjameanbthat?

C L A U D E

I don't know if they did meet. I've been wondering that myself. I know Jackie was an ILL fan though.

Well, if Lucy met President Kennedy and she did, you'd think Jackie was there too. Like i said before, the only STAR or person in the public eye who could have gotten a bigger audience for Lucy when she had the Burtons on was Jackie Kennedy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started picking up on this recently but did you ever notice that Lucy always says “Nice to know you.” not “Nice to meet you.” when she first introduces herself to someone. It’s not exclusive to TV as I have heard her say it in movies too. I bet this was part of her general way of speaking and would change the line. The only time I remember is once on ILL she had to over exaguarte the “meet” part. I think it may have been in Cuban Pals. It was difently when she was talking to someone who didn’t speak English.

I'm in eastern PA, but yes Western PA and NY do tend to say things oddly. Soda is also called POP out there. Wonder what Lucy called it?

I was watching Lucy is Chaperone the other night and Lucy uses the word "pop." I don't remember another other situation in which she referred to "pop" or "soda." I wonder if that's what Lucy said in real life or that was just what Madelyn and the Bobs wrote for her.

Archived