"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....you've done it again! What era photo did you use for inspiration for this Lamarr?? I ask only because it looks to me a bit Lucille Ball/Carmichael and a smidge Lucy Barker! Or am I just :blink: ??

You are right! :D I was inspired by a photo she took back stage at a Bob Hope Birthday Special in the 80s. She was peeking behind a door and looked so charming. I only changed whatever seemed to age her in the picture. For instance, in the picture, she has a few wrinkles under the eye-I removed them and tried to give her a more youthful Lift. I basically imagined myself as her personal  photo airbrush guy lol I wanted her to look as regal as she had in the picture, yet timeless- after all that's what she is. Screen_Shot_2015_08_29_at_3_07_18_PM.png

Im moving away from her regal 1980s period and trying to capture that special something of Lucy in the 1940s. 

There was a gleam and an enchantment to that look, especially around the eyes. Robert Osbourne talked about going to see a Lucille Ball film, not only because she was captivating or funny, but because of her close ups, and "the eyes"

Screen_Shot_2015_08_29_at_2_59_17_PM.png

IMO Her mouth is just as important- If the lip line is not accurately defined, it will come across as maybe Joan Crawford or somebody like that, so her mouth is VERY important to capture :) Those bow shaped, ruby reds were so pretty. 

I think she felt prettier whenever she had glossy ruby red lips. Sometimes you can catch Lucy licking her lips, not to saturate them, but to revitalize the glimmer and shine they projected from the light. 

I also think, this is a reason why Lucy really appreciated the "Momma and Papa" star system at the time of the late 30s and 40's because it gave her an image and a look that I dont think she'd achieve on her own, or without some studio help

You are right! :D I was inspired by a photo she took back stage at a Bob Hope Birthday Special in the 80s. She was peeking behind a door and looked so charming. I only changed whatever seemed to age her in the picture. For instance, in the picture, she has a few wrinkles under the eye-I removed them and tried to give her a more youthful Lift. I basically imagined myself as her personal  photo airbrush guy lol I wanted her to look as regal as she had in the picture, yet timeless- after all that's what she is. Screen_Shot_2015_08_29_at_3_07_18_PM.png

WUNDAFUL! And speaking of "lifts" I *think* the reason she -- despite obviously being "done up" by Irma (wig & eyelashes anyway) and camera ready, with the slightly "jowly" appearance of her cheekbones I'm guessing she isn't wearing the "straps" (lifts) part of the get up.  Whatever the reason, inspired by another amazing, timeless photograph you've done it AGAIN! Bravo! :HALKING:

Im moving away from her regal 1980s period and trying to capture that special something of Lucy in the 1940s. 

There was a gleam and an enchantment to that look, especially around the eyes. Robert Osbourne talked about going to see a Lucille Ball film, not only because she was captivating or funny, but because of her close ups, and "the eyes"

Screen_Shot_2015_08_29_at_2_59_17_PM.png

IMO Her mouth is just as important- If the lip line is not accurately defined, it will come across as maybe Joan Crawford or somebody like that, so her mouth is VERY important to capture :) Those bow shaped, ruby reds were so pretty. 

I think she felt prettier whenever she had glossy ruby red lips. Sometimes you can catch Lucy licking her lips, not to saturate them, but to revitalize the glimmer and shine they projected from the light. 

I also think, this is a reason why Lucy really appreciated the "Momma and Papa" star system at the time of the late 30s and 40's because it gave her an image and a look that I dont think she'd achieve on her own, or without some studio help

Gawd I love these TOO! Nothing you can't draw apparently and I've said it before and I'll say it again here: I fervently, respectfully, GLEEFULLY wish and hope you're able to make a good living from your extraordinary talent! You certainly deserve it! :peachonthebeach:

This is your best Ricky yet.  He looks wonderful.  And Lucy looks spectacular.  So much depth in these two images.

LOL Ricky was the one I feared painting most. I wanted to get the right hues and colors down- and I didn't know how to achieve the color I was going for- but to my surprise, Desi was the easiest of the two!  this strange thing happened during drawing him lol I was painting him, and in frustration I kind of walked away from it, and when I came back about 2 minutes later, it was as if I saw what was missing, and I laughed, but the laugh sounded like Ricky Ricardo's laugh lolololol I looked over to my bookshelf and I grabbed my autograph copy of Desi's autobiography and hugged it as if I were saying "Thank You " lol- I don't think it was any out of body experience or weird happening, just this funny occurrence but it was so strange because I thought Lucy would be so easy to draw here, but she was the  most difficult lol 

You're not the only one! Bravo, LaMarr!  :peachonthebeach:

With every piece he shares, I'm always floored thinking back to when Henry first joined us here on the Lounge and us being privileged enough to watch the true evolution of this incredible artist -- basically in real time.

I set this latest one as my desktop wallpaper and it is absolutely perfect.

• 1 month later...

With every piece he shares, I'm always floored thinking back to when Henry first joined us here on the Lounge and us being privileged enough to watch the true evolution of this incredible artist -- basically in real time.

I set this latest one as my desktop wallpaper and it is absolutely perfect.

Thanks so much!!! You all mean so much to me. This group has been with me since the beginning of whatever little journey Im embarking on in my world of art. Im happy that I share my work here with people who like it but also feel comfortable to critique it or interpret it in their own way.

heres a newer one i hope you all like 

12140662_673821126051690_84154188501843010984543_673821152718354_284611624181490

Thanks so much!!! You all mean so much to me. This group has been with me since the beginning of whatever little journey Im embarking on in my world of art. Im happy that I share my work here with people who like it but also feel comfortable to critique it or interpret it in their own way.

heres a newer one i hope you all like 

12140662_673821126051690_84154188501843010984543_673821152718354_284611624181490

That is gorgeous. Incredible details on the dress. That was always my favorite costume of hers.

Archived