"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is amazing! Is this your first Viv caricature in this style?

Thanks Buddy. Ive done a caricature of Viv many times in my little sketch books all over lol but I never really post them

I remember posting two, one of her in the "Tip toe through the tulips" number she did with Mooney in TLS with the bonnet and boa

I hadn't really done much fun stuff on her face, but Im working on Desi and Bill later. THEN the apartment -ayayay lol 

Well it ain't Dave Woodman's! :blink:

lol hey hey hey now lol "Lets not get nasty" lol I grew up watching he and Ric Carl's work through Lucy fan mags and stuff and I think its been a major influence on my style. :D I appreciate the comment though lol Ive always thought Vivian's face was just as unique and beautiful as Lucy's even though they played her down a bit, though Lucy felt it gave her character a little depth (this woman could be glamorous if the scene called her to be, or she could be homely if need be) I think Lucy knew Viv's face played as a constant contrast to her face, even when they shared the same emotion!...if that makes sense lol

I tried to also capture that suttlety of Viv's beauty mixed in with those exaggerated and broad features. I've ALWAYS loved how Viv hid her bottom teeth when smiling. Im not sure if it was something done intentionally or not- but it adds to that charm in her face. I think her eyes sparkle and her eye brows are second banana to Lucy in size, but they are just as defining 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived