"Lucy, the Superwoman" writer Elroy Schwartz dies

Harrison

Sorry to hear the news about Mr. Schwartz. I spoke with him -- ye, gods, I guess it's been almost three years ago now... I had to get his permission to use his quote about working with Lucy on "Lucy, the Superwoman." He seemed to be a very nice man. I didn't care very much for his script -- I just did not think it appropriate for "Lucy." Oddly enough, he told me two of his friends, also living at the time in Palm Springs, were Brad Radnitz and Bruce Howard, who had written "Lucy, the Rain Goddess" -- another of my least favorite Lucy episodes. All three were delighted that their work was being issued on the DVDs...

Ohhh you guys ... the show wasn't THAT bad... c'mon.. seeing LUCY with Super Human Abilities was a fun change of pace. I can think of many more that were definitely WORSE... like anything with a fake bear costume!

Nope, I'd rather see grown men in gorilla suits chasing after Lucy than this debacle. I think Lucy even looked embarrassed shooting this mess. :lucyeww:

Maybe she kept hoping they'd get better and had to slog through the crap to get there. LOL

She was a pro and a hard worker and even SHE knew that they had run out of new ideas for her character, I mean who else played the same character on tv for twenty plus years?

Fraiser I think has the longest run as a character.

But he was a horribly unlikable pompous ass played by an actor who LIVED the character. LOL! If you add the three years she played the LUCY character on The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour and the one short season of Life with Lucy, does she overtake dr crane.

"Technically", although we sort of know better, they weren't exactly the same character but if you did do that, it'd come to around 21 1/2 - 22 years, so yeah, I would think she would take the lead! :D

yeah. around 1964 or 65 she was playing a different "Lucy" character. They were not the same at all.

At first I thought you were agreeing with me but now im not sure. Do you or do you not think Lucy was playing a different character by 1965?

Yes, they were ALL variations on the dumb whack job who got herself in loads of trouble, and Jess sued her for the other two series and won, as they ruled she WAS indeed playing the same character. No offence directed at you, I thought she was quite different also.

Yes, they were ALL variations on the dumb whack job who got herself in loads of trouble, and Jess sued her for the other two series and won, as they ruled she WAS indeed playing the same character. No offence directed at you, I thought she was quite different also.

Ok lol Just trying to clear that up. But I don't think Lucy's character in I Love Lucy was dumb. She was a clever woman who came up with all kinds of schemes that became very

funny. However the later Lucy could be very dumb. Its like they suddenly said "Hey lets turn Lucy into Gracie Allen!" Ill never understand why they thought that was a good idea. Its not who she was.

Ok lol Just trying to clear that up. But I don't think Lucy's character in I Love Lucy was dumb. She was a clever woman who came up with all kinds of schemes that became very

funny. However the later Lucy could be very dumb. Its like they suddenly said "Hey lets turn Lucy into Gracie Allen!" Ill never understand why they thought that was a good idea. Its not who she was.

Look at the series again and you'll see that she was indeed quite dumb sometimes even on ILL, she even said it herself once, RICKY, I'M NOT VERY BRIGHT! LOL! But by saying the Lucy show was based on a book by Irene Kampen, they sure gave it the old college try about Lucy being a totally different character, not that it worked, but still, LOL!

Archived