Do you remember the very first of I Love Lucy you ever watched?

I think my earliest memories of watching I Love Lucy are when I was four or five. Not sure which one came first, but it was either staying home sick from junior kindergarten and seeing The Indian Show, or being at a summer day camp held at a fitness centre and sneaking off from the playroom into the gym to watch RIcky's Life Story on one of the TVs by the exercise equipment.

My earliest memories of Lucy at all were at the age of three or four when my brother yelled for me to come down to the basement rec room as he had made a shocking discovery -- Lucy in COLOUR! I was both thrilled and amazed. This was right after we got our sattelite dish and was able to pick up Nick at Nite over in the States after being raised in a countrified area that had no access to cable. It turns out this episode was Lucy, The Camp Cook.

It wasn't the first episode I saw, but the first episode I remember seeing is The Black Wig. I was about four.

The first episode of The Lucy Show I saw was Lucy's Barbershop Quartet when I was about 10. The first episode of Here's Lucy I saw was Lucy Meets the Burtons when I was 16. The first episode of Life With Lucy I saw was Lucy & The Guard Goose when I was 14.

It wasn't the first episode I saw, but the first episode I remember seeing is The Black Wig. I was about four.

The first episode of The Lucy Show I saw was Lucy's Barbershop Quartet when I was about 10. The first episode of Here's Lucy I saw was Lucy Meets the Burtons when I was 16. The first episode of Life With Lucy I saw was Lucy & The Guard Goose when I was 14.

Looks like you're working on your very own chronology, Joyce will be furious.

My First I Love Lucy episode I watched was Fred and Ethel Fight. I recently saw the 50th Anniversary Special around that time and after that I Love Lucy peaked my interest. So when I was at my grandma's house one day, I seen it was on TV Land so I quickly turned it on. I believe the second episode I saw was Lucy Fakes Illness. My first The Lucy Show episode was Lucy The Bean Queen, which was thanks to my dad, he bought me one of those public domain DVDs from Farm and Fleet. Haha. Then my first Here's Lucy was Lucy Carter Meets Lucille Ball.

My First I Love Lucy episode I watched was Fred and Ethel Fight. I recently saw the 50th Anniversary Special around that time and after that I Love Lucy peaked my interest. So when I was at my grandma's house one day, I seen it was on TV Land so I quickly turned it on. I believe the second episode I saw was Lucy Fakes Illness. My first The Lucy Show episode was Lucy The Bean Queen, which was thanks to my dad, he bought me one of those public domain DVDs from Farm and Fleet. Haha. Then my first Here's Lucy was Lucy Carter Meets Lucille Ball.

I discovered The Lucy Show by accident. Christmas 1998 I got one of the Goodtimes video box sets containing their standard issue Lucy material (The Funny World of Lucy, Lucy's Lost Episodes, A Tribute to Lucy et al) plus a tape marked "Double Feature: The Barbershop and The Plumber". This being before I had any knowledge of public domain or copyrights, plus the picture of Lucy and Desi on the cover, I naturally assumed it included two I Love Lucy episodes. You can imagine my surprise when I popped it in and saw little cartoon Lucy and Viv introducing this show I'd never heard of! Afterwards, I watched the documentary and learned all about it.

I discovered The Lucy Show by accident. Christmas 1998 I got one of the Goodtimes video box sets containing their standard issue Lucy material (The Funny World of Lucy, Lucy's Lost Episodes, A Tribute to Lucy et al) plus a tape marked "Double Feature: The Barbershop and The Plumber". This being before I had any knowledge of public domain or copyrights, plus the picture of Lucy and Desi on the cover, I naturally assumed it included two I Love Lucy episodes. You can imagine my surprise when I popped it in and saw little cartoon Lucy and Viv introducing this show I've never heard of! Afterwards, I watched the documentary and learned all about it.

The Funny World of Lucy was my first Lucy DVD too! Haha!

I believe it was my second (I had a bunch of VHS tapes beforehand, however). The first Lucy DVD I got was the 50th Anniversary Special. Then I started collecting the individual season 1 sets. Volume 4 was the first one I got.

I can beat BOTH of you, I went nuts taping absolutely everything she did back in the eighties when I got my first VCR, and this was when BETA existed.

First episode i remember was tbe fasion show...early eighties. .then we got a vcr in 86 an i taped whatever i cud. First Lucy dvd was the hour long ones and kept collecting till i had every season of every sbow. .... I love I Love Lucy....and watch it daily....I don't see me giving it up anytime soon!!!

Same here, Comedy Gold was showing The Saxaphone and The Anniversary Present today and I watched them every time period they were on.  Never too much LUCY huh?

I was aware of the show when I was maybe 5, this would've been 1994, and I remember being at my grandma's house one night, sitting in the kitchen, and it was on. It had to be on Nick at Nite. I do remember when it was on NaN. It was Lucy Does a TV Commercial. All I remember is when Ricky plugged in the tv while Lucy was in it and it blew up. I was thinking "wow they had electrical plugs back then?" Coincidentally in April 2003 my social studies teacher played that episode for us, and I LOL'ed at her face when she first tried the stuff. He also showed us the chocolates one. This was on the "Best of I Love Lucy" 2 pack VHS tapes, with Finding Lucy as a bonus tape. HOWEVER, they drastically edited Job Switching, and Lucy's Italian Movie. They cut out the part when Fred was shown lying across all their laps. In JS, they opened the episode with Ricky yelling at Lucy about how much money she spends every single month. They cut out the whole part about Lucy postdating the check. And Ricky ironing. Anyway, I loved it so much that I asked for it for my birthday. The first LDCH that I saw was Sun Valley, on Sunday, May 4th, 2003. And the first TLS show I saw was George Burns, in maybe November 04. I got the dvd for cheap at Target, I think. The back of the package was Lucy on Mr. Mooney's back after attempting to ski. I got many PD TLS sets after that, and I kept thinking I'd finally see an episode from season 2, 3 or 4. But nooooooooo. I hate how misleading they made those sets. One of them had stills of the Lucy and Viv seasons in the inside artwork. UGH. So glad we have the official seasons on dvd, in crystal clear uncut prints! The first HL I saw was on the Best Of set. I got it on January 7th, 2005. It was Lucy the Fixer. I had learned about all of her later series just from watching Finding Lucy. 

In early 2005 through maybe June, I taped all the episodes off TV Land onto vhs tapes. That was before I decided to get the DVDs. And I'm glad I did. 

I was aware of the show when I was maybe 5, this would've been 1994, and I remember being at my grandma's house one night, sitting in the kitchen, and it was on. It had to be on Nick at Nite. I do remember when it was on NaN. It was Lucy Does a TV Commercial. All I remember is when Ricky plugged in the tv while Lucy was in it and it blew up. I was thinking "wow they had electrical plugs back then?" Coincidentally in April 2003 my social studies teacher played that episode for us, and I LOL'ed at her face when she first tried the stuff. He also showed us the chocolates one. This was on the "Best of I Love Lucy" 2 pack VHS tapes, with Finding Lucy as a bonus tape. HOWEVER, they drastically edited Job Switching, and Lucy's Italian Movie. They cut out the part when Fred was shown lying across all their laps. In JS, they opened the episode with Ricky yelling at Lucy about how much money she spends every single month. They cut out the whole part about Lucy postdating the check. And Ricky ironing. Anyway, I loved it so much that I asked for it for my birthday. The first LDCH that I saw was Sun Valley, on Sunday, May 4th, 2003. And the first TLS show I saw was George Burns, in maybe November 04. I got the dvd for cheap at Target, I think. The back of the package was Lucy on Mr. Mooney's back after attempting to ski. I got many PD TLS sets after that, and I kept thinking I'd finally see an episode from season 2, 3 or 4. But nooooooooo. I hate how misleading they made those sets. One of them had stills of the Lucy and Viv seasons in the inside artwork. UGH. So glad we have the official seasons on dvd, in crystal clear uncut prints! The first HL I saw was on the Best Of set. I got it on January 7th, 2005. It was Lucy the Fixer. I had learned about all of her later series just from watching Finding Lucy. 

In early 2005 through maybe June, I taped all the episodes off TV Land onto vhs tapes. That was before I decided to get the DVDs. And I'm glad I did. 

Geez, that's some memory!

I believe it was my second (I had a bunch of VHS tapes beforehand, however). The first Lucy DVD I got was the 50th Anniversary Special. Then I started collecting the individual season 1 sets. Volume 4 was the first one I got.

Those were my next ones! The anniversary special and Volume 1 and 2 were my first I Love Lucy's DVD!

Archived