UPDATED: Joan Rivers dies at 81

Brock

They played the interview on the net and she DID say it but then denied it and got out of it like the good politician she can be sometimes, like when she walked out on that CNN interview when it wasn't the fluff piece she expected, seems the lady can dish it out (like when she attacked that handicapped girl at one of her shows and her dad had to defend her), but she cannot take it herself. She's great but lately she just got off the deep end is all I'm sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I don't think now is the time for this. She has done what she has had to do to keep herself public, and I think she's done a great job at that. You of course have your right to an opinion, but I think now is the time for positive support.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said before about anybody, RESPECT has to be earned. Those people you used to talk to us about Taylor, will you feel the same way when THEY pass on? Will YOU let everything go?

What people? And why is this becoming about me all of a sudden? What the hell did I do to you, Claude? Never said I was perfect, I'm only human like everybody else. I don't see what this has to do with Joan Rivers though.

I thought you had criticized some people who mistreated you here some time ago and wondered if one of them passed away, if you would simply overlook what they did or said as is the case with joan.  Taylor, you know you have always been one of my favorite people on here, sorry I disappointed you with my treatment of joan on this thread, I knew I would get into trouble for being honest so let's go back to being like everyone else . . . JOAN'S NEVER SAID ANYTHING HURTFUL TO ANYONE, TO GET LAUGHS, AND SHE HAS NOT BEEN WORSE IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS.  But I just don't see the point, I don't think she'll be back on her shows when she's on life support now.  But, I will still pray for her and hope she comes back from all this, but I doubt it.

Man things got hot in herrreee! I just popped in to say I was praying for Joan .. But wow what the heck Claude! Taylor never would wish Anyone harm. Wth! Joan may come back in some way I feel but not public from it.. I just pray she can be there for her family.

Just saw her act last year, I believe it was.  She did a good job of keeping her act seemingly spontaneous, starting a subject and then having it remind her of something else and go off on that tangent with "We'll get to back (topic A) later".   What a dynamo. 

Her daytime talk show (the early 90's?) was one of the best.  She engaged with the guests and kept the show rolling.  That's the show that Lucie Arnaz was on shortly after Lucy died and got into trouble.  She appeared on Joan's show several months later and made the comment "people took things I said out of context", but Lucie was a bit too frank about Lucy. ("She was a control freak who had to be in charge 24 hours a day").  Lucie seems to have made peace with her mother's legacy now.  I'm glad she's not still reminding us at every opportunity that her childhood was traumatic and that her mother was not the fun-loving Lucy Ricardo.

I haven't followed Joan's progress in the hospital closely, but I heard they had induced a coma---which is not as bad as it sounds.  I know someone who at 75 had a heart attack.  They did the same thing and she made a full recovery.  But then I saw something yesterday that said the family may take her off life support  I didn't realize it was so bad it had come to that.

I'm getting a little paranoid that I'm personally the kiss of death to old performers. I saw Eartha Kitt, then she died.  I saw Ernest Borgnine, then he died. Betty Garrett, the same. And I think there were others.  Hopefully Joan will break the trend.

According to the NY Daily News, the hospital began the process of taking her out of the coma earlier tonight but that won't be complete until Tuesday. Only then will they be able to do a full assessment of her condition and possible recovery. :unsure:

Thanks for the update. That emoticon says it all.... we're pulling for ya, Joan.

Archived