The Facts of Life (1961) Coming to Blu-Ray March 31st 2015

Shane91

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Facts of Life was released on DVD as part of a Bob Hope box set. There was never a standalone release.

There have been tons of strange movies from this period released on Blu Ray recently and I couldn't believe that not a single Lucy film was not available on this format.

And yet out of curiousity's sake, I'd LOVE to know what the "process" is of who, when and especially HOW the "suits" or whomever sit around to decide and come up with what titles should (deserve?) / shouldn't be released, particularly in this most recent medium.  I would have thought perhaps a slightly more "accessible" -- and yes, a COLOR title -- like "Trailer" or "Yours Mine and Ours" -- heck, even "Mame" -- would have come before this one.  Again, just...curious.  I say let's get 'em all out!  I'd certainly LOVE a Blu-Ray box of all her "biggest" titles -- much like the old fantastic VHS RKO collection from years back to find it's way out...and the sooner the better!

:peachonthebeach:

And yet out of curiousity's sake, I'd LOVE to know what the "process" is of who, when and especially HOW the "suits" or whomever sit around to decide and come up with what titles should (deserve?) / shouldn't be released, particularly in this most recent medium.  I would have thought perhaps a slightly more "accessible" title like "Trailer" or "Yours Mine and Ours" -- heck, even "Mame" -- would have come before this one.  Again, just...curious.  I say let's get 'em all out! Would certainly LOVE a Blu-Ray box of all her "biggest" titles -- much like the fantastic VHS RKO collection from years back to find it's way out! :peachonthebeach:

The film was nominated for Oscars, maybe that's ONE reason it's being released on Blu Ray, maybe another is it's not your standard Lucy movie.  It's not been overplayed, maybe not too many people know about it whereas the ones you mention they've seen many times.  

It's being released by Olive Films, which is not mainstream, they are one of the boutique labels like Criterion, Kino, Masters of Cinema, and Twilight Time, so I do not think the oscars had anything to do with it. nor would there be any input from the "Suits" because the good people that run company's like this are film buffs themselves, and their releases are catered towards the collectors market. just take a look at some of their other releases and see for yourself:

http://store.olivefilms.com/products_new.php?osCsid=srs8128bgjh4h7ep0850u4nj85

It's being released by Olive Films, which is not mainstream, they are one of the boutique labels like Criterion, Kino, Masters of Cinema, and Twilight Time, so I do not think the oscars had anything to do with it. nor would there be any input from the "Suits" because the good people that run company's like this are film buffs themselves, and their releases are catered towards the collectors market. just take a look at some of their other releases and see for yourself:

Aww, thanks Shane now it makes more sense! I just assumed it was the original studio (Paramount?) releasing and didn't dig any further, just grateful that it's coming out, and still it is curious it never saw a (stand-alone) DVD release but now this, hooray!

And I get where the Boss is coming from but more often than not, I do like when they use the original poster art -- particularly on "classic" titles -- it gives it a bit more of an I dunno, "vintage" feel despite holding the most current/modern day technology available in your hand -- kind of a neat juxtaposition, IMHO! :peachonthebeach:

I meant that the Oscars brought the film a little prestige, it is not your average low brow Lucille Ball movie.

Archived