I Just Saw A Lucy Regular In...

That's just what she wanted them to think.

You're on to something. I have a theory that all the murders in the series were done by the same person. Somebody who wanted to drive Angela insane by killing everyone around her. Does anyone know what Claude was between 1984 and 1996?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen The Bad & The Beautiful, but it's a sin Jean Hagen didn't win the BSActress Oscar for Singin' that year.

Gloria Grahame has shockingly little to do in The Bad and the Beautiful and it seems unbelievable that she would win the Oscar for that performance. However, Gloria had multiple films out that year that showed her range and I think her Oscar win was for her body of work for the year 1952. Regardless, Jean should have won.

Random Kathleen Freeman fact of the day: William Wyler hired Samantha Eggar for the lead in his film The Collector, but was so unhappy with her performance that he fired her soon after production began. Eggar was eventually rehired with the proviso that Kathleen Freeman coach her in the role. Eggar would go on to get an Oscar nomination for her performance.

• Like 2

Catching up on some PVR'd TCM tonight I'm now watching Mrs. Parkington with Greer Garson, Walter Pidgeon, Agnes Moorehead and December Bride's own Frances Rafferty. Now at the infanticipation party scene and revelling in a young Hans Conried as an excitable Oscar Wildesque opera liaison-cum-pianist. Lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Murder, She Wrote Season 5 Episode 6: "The Wearing of The Green"

Lucie plays a thinly veiled parody of Tyne Daly's Mary Beth Lacey. I distinctly remember the first time I saw this episode when I was little because it was the first time I ever heard anyone use the expression "Pardon my French", uttered by Lucie, no less.

On a side note, I'll bet my bottom dollar that the Jean Peters role of the reclusive Irish movie star was originally written for the great Mo'Hara.

• 2 months later...