Lucy covers this week's Closer magazine

Brock

I found a copy of the magazine. Lucy gets four pages, one of which is just picture. The article includes quotes from Lucie Arnaz, Carole Cook, Wanda Clark, Frank Gorey, Lee Tannen, and Journey Gunderson.

I'll say it, unless I'm way off base: reliable sources all (well....on the fence about Lee!) except for that Gunderson person.  Or is it just me??? :vanda:

Closer has been around for about a year and is geared towards the older reader, which is why I buy it every week. When they show a fashion spread, at least I actually know the actresses featured. The have had recent stories on Marlon Brando, Doris Day, Cher and other "mature" stars. Valerie Harper has been featured a number of times with health updates. For a "tabloid" style magazine, it is pretty good because it tries to focus on positive stories.

Closer has been around for about a year and is geared towards the older reader, which is why I buy it every week. When they show a fashion spread, at least I actually know the actresses featured. The have had recent stories on Marlon Brando, Doris Day, Cher and other "mature" stars. Valerie Harper has been featured a number of times with health updates. For a "tabloid" style magazine, it is pretty good because it tries to focus on positive stories.

THANKS, great description, had never heard of it before but the way you describe it, it reminds me of those old nostalgia magazines.  Being old and remembering when stars were really stars, i just loved it and will be buying it again. 

Nah, same old as always, they never tell us anything new but it's always great to get comments from Lucie, Carole Cook and especially Wanda and Frank.  Did anybody recognize Lorenzo Lamas on the cover, did he O D on plastic surgery?  Doesn't even look like him, thank God they had his name on there or i never would have known it was HIM!

I picked this up last night. 4 pages. Not really anything we haven’t heard before. Frank’s one story I have heard him tell on Stu’s show before but I like that he repeated it here. He generalizes the story to when he would tell Lucy her husband is on the phone she would ask “which one?” In the introduction portion at the beginning they used the phrase “less than idyllic second marriage”.

The pics are all ones we have seen before but nice seeing them in print. There are 2 or 3 from I believe Lee’s collection. The one is mid 80’s Gary and Lucy cooking in the kitchen. Not sure if it was ever posted her but I do have it digitally. I like that picture though because it is so normal.

I picked this up last night. 4 pages. Not really anything we haven’t heard before. Frank’s one story I have heard him tell on Stu’s show before but I like that he repeated it here. He generalizes the story to when he would tell Lucy her husband is on the phone she would ask “which one?” In the introduction portion at the beginning they used the phrase “less than idyllic second marriage”.

The pics are all ones we have seen before but nice seeing them in print. There are 2 or 3 from I believe Lee’s collection. The one is mid 80’s Gary and Lucy cooking in the kitchen. Not sure if it was ever posted her but I do have it digitally. I like that picture though because it is so normal.

You're right, average for US fans, but glad she still warrants a cover and four pages inside.

It's clearly a People for people over 50 (nothing wrong with that!!) - most of their stories are on stars who peaked at least 30 years ago or even a few no longer with us like Lucy and Brando.  They even gave Ann B. Davis (!)  the cover when she passed away - which is why I was upset when they completely ignored Donna Douglas dying in January,  I mean she was almost always one of the stars pictured on the cover  when Enquirer/Examiner etc did one of those "whatever happened to" issues.   (I do love ABD by the way and was thrilled to see her on that cover).

Archived