What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

The "Best of" episodes are: "Lucy & The Great Airport Chase", "Lucy Meets The Burtons", "Lucy & Mannix Are Held Hostage", "Lucy Goes On Her Last Blind Date", "Lucy & Joan Rivers Do Jury Duty", "Lucy Is N.G. As An R.N." and "Lucy & Joe Namath."

I agree with "Lucy Meets The Burtons", "Lucy & Mannix Are Held Hostage", and "Lucy Is N.G. As An R.N." The rest are kind of strange choices. "Lucy and the Great Airport Chase" is a location show and I'm sure they wanted to include one of those. I'm glad we get two additional Bob and Madelyn penned episodes, but those are not among their best. Was "Lucy Goes on Her Last Blind Date" also used as an extra on that Don Knotts DVD too? "Lucy and Joe Namath" might have been included because it is among the broken leg episodes and it also features Desi Jr. Without that episode, the only show with him is "Lucy and the Great Airport Chase." I like that they focused on the later seasons, unlike the Shout! Factory Best of set.

They never pick the ones I would either, especially amongst this bunch! Of course, "Burtons" is the obvious, surprised "Skydiving" didn't make it in here and the rest, IMHO are suspect, except for "N.G. as An R.N." which I would have picked too.

I think "Lucy & Uncle Harry's Pot" should be in here too. I honestly can't remember which ep "Last Blind Date" is so I can't comment; all of Viv's guest appearances --well, at least the Lawrence Welk ep! -- would be in here if it were up to me since they were always a notch above. :D

They never pick the ones I would either, especially amongst this bunch! Of course, "Burtons" is the obvious, surprised "Skydiving" didn't make it in here and the rest, IMHO are suspect, except for "N.G. as An R.N." which I would have picked too.

I think "Lucy & Uncle Harry's Pot" should be in here too. I honestly can't remember which ep "Last Blind Date" is so I can't comment; all of Viv's guest appearances --well, at least the Lawrence Welk ep! -- would be in here if it were up to me since they were always a notch above. :D

I just noticed that, with the exception of the series' most famous episode "Lucy Meets the Burtons," all the episodes are different from the Shout Best of set. I guess that was a deliberate decision. "Lucy the Skydiver" is on the other best of set and one I never would have put there to begin with.

I just noticed that, with the exception of the series' most famous episode "Lucy Meets the Burtons," all the episodes are different from the Shout Best of set. I guess that was a deliberate decision. "Lucy the Skydiver" is on the other best of set and one I never would have put there to begin with.

There's ANOTHER "Best of.." set??

This choice of 7 Best episodes is curious (and why SEVEN?). I only agree with two "Burtons" and "NG". I can see them including "Airport". I don't think it's all that funny but at least it's different. People seem to like "Mannix" a lot and it's a cut above most episodes but not in MY top ten. Same with "Joan". I'll have to take another look at "Blind Date/Knotts", but why "Joe Namath"? I don't remember much about that one except Kim doing her version of "John Wayne! DAAAHHHH!"

My choices would have been:

"Working Daughter", "Craigs Driving Test" "Big Break" "HC Male Nurse" "NG" "Wandering Mother" "Fights the System" and "Rudy Vallee"---just kidding about the last one.

It would be much easier to choose episodes for a box set of "The Worst of Here's Lucy" (Volume ONE!).

My Choices*:

1. Lucy is NG as an RN

2. Kim Moves Out

3. Harry's Italian Bombshell

4. Mary Jane's Boyfriend

5. Harrison Carter: Male Nurse

6. Lucy Plays Cops & Robbers

7. Won't You Calm Down Dan Dailey?

8. The Not-So-Popular Mechanics (or Where Is My Wandering Mother Tonight?)

(let's make it a top 10 to have some representation from the early, less groovy seasons)

8. Lucy, The Process Server

9. Lucy the Fixer

10. Lucy & Harry's Tonsils

BONUS FEATURE:

The musical bank robbery.

*For today. The list is constantly revised depending on my mood. LOL

My Choices*:

1. Lucy is NG as an RN

2. Kim Moves Out

3. Harry's Italian Bombshell

4. Mary Jane's Boyfriend

5. Harrison Carter: Male Nurse

6. Lucy Plays Cops & Robbers

7. Won't You Calm Down Dan Dailey?

8. The Not-So-Popular Mechanics (or Where Is My Wandering Mother Tonight?)

(let's make it a top 10 to have some representation from the early, less groovy seasons)

8. Lucy, The Process Server

9. Lucy the Fixer

10. Lucy & Harry's Tonsils

BONUS FEATURE:

The musical bank robbery.

*For today. The list is constantly revised depending on my mood. LOL

Oh no, Lucy the Fixer is numbe two in my book right after The Burtons, it was like watching TV's Laurel and Hardy with Lucy and Gale, just excellent.

I just realised my top 10 turned out to be a top 11... :lucydaze:

Both "Lucy the Fixer" and "Harry's Pot" consistently make people's "Best of HL" list, so I should give them another look.

An interesting DVD set would be a collection of Here's Lucy's for their camp, time-capsule appeal and "Rudy Vallee" would definitely fall under that category with the "with-it" rock version of "Whiffenpoof" lyrics:

"We are hep little cats that have grooved our way! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

I hope wherever Rudy is today he regrets being so foul-mouthed since thanks to the collaborating memories of Lucie Arnaz and Marl Young, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

The Hungry Hippie floor show is so ridiculous it does have a certain charm. But what amazed me is LUCY. Her scantily-clad body is so lithe and moves with the fluidity of a 20 year old and she's just shy of 60. This being right before "Mame", can you blame them for casting her? The 2 years between this and the filming of Mame aged her greatly and I guess the blame would have to lie with the broken leg.

I also watched "Benny's Biography" on the same disc which is a great one mainly because it shows Lucy off so well. But what I noted is that she looks SO much better in the rehearsal footage, un-made-up, not pull-back and wigless.

Other than this one, the Burtons and Viv in Hawaii, I don't find the 3rd season very enjoyable. Ironic for me is that my least favorite seasons of HL (3rd) and TLS (6th) were the show's highest rankings in the ratings---so much for my opinion!

Both "Lucy the Fixer" and "Harry's Pot" consistently make people's "Best of HL" list, so I should give them another look.

An interesting DVD set would be a collection of Here's Lucy's for their camp, time-capsule appeal and "Rudy Vallee" would definitely fall under that category with the "with-it" rock version of "Whiffenpoof" lyrics:

"We are hep little cats that have grooved our way! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

I hope wherever Rudy is today he regrets being so foul-mouthed since thanks to the collaborating memories of Lucie Arnaz and Marl Young, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

The Hungry Hippie floor show is so ridiculous it does have a certain charm. But what amazed me is LUCY. Her scantily-clad body is so lithe and moves with the fluidity of a 20 year old and she's just shy of 60. This being right before "Mame", can you blame them for casting her? The 2 years between this and the filming of Mame aged her greatly and I guess the blame would have to lie with the broken leg.

I also watched "Benny's Biography" on the same disc which is a great one mainly because it shows Lucy off so well. But what I noted is that she looks SO much better in the rehearsal footage, un-made-up, not pull-back and wigless.

Other than this one, the Burtons and Viv in Hawaii, I don't find the 3rd season very enjoyable. Ironic for me is that my least favorite seasons of HL (3rd) and TLS (6th) were the show's highest rankings in the ratings---so much for my opinion!

But it's amazing how one little scene can ruin a whole show for a fan, like those cereal boxes in the refrigerator in the Betty Grable Harry James LDCH always make me hurl inside, same thing goes for her oulling out a kitten in the Lucy the Fixer ep, damn those animals, they ruined more shows for me . . .LOL!

These seven episodes would have been my choices for MPI's "Best-of Set". Since the other "best-of" set concentrated heavily on seasons 1 through 4, this one would have focused primarily on the later seasons.

"Lucy and the Great Airport Chase" (episode #11)

"Lucy Runs the Rapids" (episode #28)

"Harrison Carter: Male Nurse" (episode #99)

"A Home Is Not an Office" (episode #100)

"Lucy and the Francise Fiasco" (episode #117)

"Lucy Plays Cops and Robbers" (episode #121)

"Lucy is NG as an RN" (#137)

BONUS:

"Lucy Carter Meets Lucille Ball" (episode #141)

If this set was expanded to a second disc, then I would have included the following seven episodes:

"Lucy and Harry's Tonsils" (episode #29)

"Lucy Protects Her Job" (episode #40)

"Lucy and Aladdin's Lamp" (episode #66)

"Lucy's Replacement" (#93)

"Lucy's Punctured Romance" (#95)

"Goodbye, Mrs. Hips" (#107)

"Lucy and Joan Do Jury Duty" (#130)

BONUS:

"Lucy Fights the System" (#144)

My top choice is definitely "Lucy is NG as an RN". I was so surprised this one was left out on Shout! Factory's DVD set.

Watched yesterday and the day before that (Fri-Sat, July 22-23, 2011):

"Lucy and the Great Airport Chase"

"A Date For Lucy"

"Lucy the Shopping Expert"

"Lucy Gets Her Man"

"Lucy's Safari"

"Lucy and Tennessee Ernie's Fun Farm"

"Lucy Helps Craig Get a Driver's License"

"Lucy Joins the Airforce Academy" - Part I

"Lucy Joins the Airforce Academy" - Part II

"Lucy and the Indian Chief"

"Lucy Runs the Rapids"

Tonight I watched:

Meanwhile, Back at the Office

Lucy Is N.G. as an R.N.

Milton Berle's the Life of the Party

Mary Jane's Boyfriend

Meanwhile... has grown on me considerably from the last time I watched it. The first half of the episode is hysterical!

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the Here's Lucy BEST OF seven eps, they were terrific, of course the Burton Lizie one is my all time fave, but boy did Dickie look terrible in the first scene as the plumber, he looks better at the end of the show in the last scene, but his tanned face looked just horrible in the beginning, hadn't noticed that before, i wonder if the NEW copy for this is not as great as the one on the regular season one. Clarity wise i mean.

Lucy and the Chinese Curse

I know it wasn't necessarily politically incorrect at the time, but I find this episode rather grating.

Kim Moves Out

While the overprotective mother bit is tired at this point, I really like the way Lucie gets to shine in this episode---her voice is so gorgeous! And I gotta admit, that boyfriend of her's is pretty cute!

Lucy's Punctured Romance - Robert Cummings looks AMAZING for 62, I can't get over it! Lucie's little girl schtick made me uncomfortable, but grown-ups acting like children always makes me uncomfortable.

With Viv As A Friend, Who Needs An Enemy - Viv's line that she may get a job and stay in California for a year is such a tease, and a great missed opportunity. I haven't seen the fifth season of Here's Lucy, but I'm sure throwing Viv into the mix wouldn't have hurt anything.

Lucy's Punctured Romance - Robert Cummings looks AMAZING for 62, I can't get over it! Lucie's little girl schtick made me uncomfortable, but grown-ups acting like children always makes me uncomfortable.

With Viv As A Friend, Who Needs An Enemy - Viv's line that she may get a job and stay in California for a year is such a tease, and a great missed opportunity. I haven't seen the fifth season of Here's Lucy, but I'm sure throwing Viv into the mix wouldn't have hurt anything.

But Viv did not want to do the commute, so . . . nice thought though.

I'm not sure if anyone here knows, but did the audience know Viv was going to be appearing before taping began or did they keep it a surprise for a bigger reaction come her entrance?

And I'm not specifically asking about With Viv As A Friend, but any episode where Viv was the guest star.

Everything was always announced ahead of time, there were no real surprises on any show of Lucy's.