Lucy Sightings!

Brock

That was the reason? Well, it was appropriate for Halloween i guess, cause that was some scary shit! How about the titles being off screen? My show was oduced by someone and rected by someone else.

LOL, I was mostly joking but in the case of Romano's skin it could be the case. I remember reading an article a few years ago about actors having to be extra cautious because of HD TV, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

LOL, I was mostly joking but in the case of Romano's skin it could be the case. I remember reading an article a few years ago about actors having to be extra cautious because of HD TV, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

But they have special FILTERS for that, Barbara Walters has owned one for years now. She's 104 but only LOOKS ninety. Same as Lucy would look better on her own shows than she did when guesting on carson's tonight show.

On Conan tonight, Andy Richter drove cross country from California to New York. He stopped at a diner in Arizona that had a photo on the wall of Lucy and Jack Lemmon at the Friars Club. Andy said it was a photo of Jack Lemmon and Conan.

Oh because of their RED hair huh? I will be watching Conan at one am to see that, thanks for the heads up but i intended to watch him anyway, other shows have creeps i try to avoid like the plague like tracy look how great i am morgan.

• 3 weeks later...

I got around to watching the latest episode of Pan AM from Nov. 13 last night and there was a Lucy mention. A passenger was having a heart attack and trying to calm him down, he and a stewardess were discussing dream redheads. He said he had a thing for Lucille Ball while the stewardess said she would have guessed Rita Hayworth.

I got around to watching the latest episode of Pan AM from Nov. 13 last night and there was a Lucy mention. A passenger was having a heart attack and trying to calm him down, he and a stewardess were discussing dream redheads. He said he had a thing for Lucille Ball while the stewardess said she would have guessed Rita Hayworth.

Doubly awesome for mentioning Hayworth, too! I might need to start watching Pan AM.

So I just came back from the movie "J. Edgar" with my hot date. :peachonthebeach:

There's a scene in there with J. Edgar and his boyfriend Clyde Tolson and they'd just come back from the Del Mar racetrack, and J. Edgar mentions seeing Desi Arnaz there with his "tacky alligator shoes" and that "faux ginger-haired" wife of his with her ridiculous flowered hat. LOL. Beings these scenes were supposed to have been in the 1930s and Desi and Lucy weren't married yet even, I thought that was kinda funny. But that's Hollywood for ya.

At a charity book sale this afternoon I found a random hardcover book with Lucy and Desi on the cover called "And the Rest is History" by Marlene Wagman-Geller, supposedly about Hollywood's hottest romances. I hadn't heard of this book before. Lucy and Desi share the cover with the Burtons and Marilyn Monroe and Joe Di Maggio.

The book cover can be seen here: http://www.amazon.com/Rest-History-Infamous-Meetings-Passionate/dp/B005FOGJ6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322276782&sr=8-1#reader_B005FOGJ6U

So I just came back from the movie "J. Edgar" with my hot date. :peachonthebeach:

There's a scene in there with J. Edgar and his boyfriend Clyde Tolson and they'd just come back from the Del Mar racetrack, and J. Edgar mentions seeing Desi Arnaz there with his "tacky alligator shoes" and that "faux ginger-haired" wife of his with her ridiculous flowered hat. LOL. Beings these scenes were supposed to have been in the 1930s and Desi and Lucy weren't married yet even, I thought that was kinda funny. But that's Hollywood for ya.

Damn that dustin vance Van Black or whatever his name is, for writing such a poor screenplay filled with inacuracies.

At a charity book sale this afternoon I found a random hardcover book with Lucy and Desi on the cover called "And the Rest is History" by Marlene Wagman-Geller, supposedly about Hollywood's hottest romances. I hadn't heard of this book before. Lucy and Desi share the cover with the Burtons and Marilyn Monroe and Joe Di Maggio.

The book cover can be seen here: http://www.amazon.com/Rest-History-Infamous-Meetings-Passionate/dp/B005FOGJ6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322276782&sr=8-1#reader_B005FOGJ6U

At least Lucy and Des got the center position, the most prominent. How was the story?

I don't know yet. I had an appointment and dropped the books at my office on Friday but haven't been to pick 'em up. I'll give you a review on Monday. ;)

Well, i actually KNOW the story, everybody does, TRUE LOVE, once in a lifetime type love, loads of cheating, embarrasing publicity, seeing doctors, trying everything to save the marriage and finally, kaput, love of my life but i just could not take it anymore. Loved each other till their dying day though.

A little background on J. Edgar Hoover, whom I worked for from 7/1/60 - until 9/15/61, in Washington D.C.; lowly secretary; but, loved the job! Hated the BIG CITY; just at the end of the commie scare, and our 3-week indoctrination was 'scary', to say the least!

That's NOT what I wanted to tell you - back to the background on J. Edgar:

J. Edgar Hoover - 1/1/1895 - 5/2/72:

"January 1 - [‘Research’ Note: Read on to comprehend the significance of this entry.] J. Edgar Hoover, 6th Director (1924-1972) Federal Bureau of Investigation, appointed by President Coolidge, and with whom Desi Arnaz formed a friendship during several years of interaction between them; wrote the book, Persons in Hiding, 1939, the film in which William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) starred, is born in D.C., on this date in 1895.

When I find the reference to 'read on...' I shall report more clearly; but, during Lucille's 'commie scare', and after her interrogation by proper authorities, including the FBI, Hoover wrote to her, and told her he was satisfied she was not a RED, or something like that - when I run across it, I'll copy exactly....

A little background on J. Edgar Hoover, whom I worked for from 7/1/60 - until 9/15/61, in Washington D.C.; lowly secretary; but, loved the job! Hated the BIG CITY; just at the end of the commie scare, and our 3-week indoctrination was 'scary', to say the least!

"January 1 - [‘Research’ Note: Read on to comprehend the significance of this entry.] J. Edgar Hoover, 6th Director (1924-1972) Federal Bureau of Investigation, appointed by President Coolidge, and with whom Desi Arnaz formed a friendship during several years of interaction between them; wrote the book, Persons in Hiding, 1939, the film in which William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) starred, is born in D.C., on this date in 1895.

When I find the reference to 'read on...' I shall report more clearly; but, during Lucille's 'commie scare', and after her interrogation by proper authorities, including the FBI, Hoover wrote to her, and told her he was satisfied she was not a RED, or something like that - when I run across it, I'll copy exactly....

Wow, that's pretty cool you worked for him! The movie was a good one, a little long, but you can tell that the writers took poetic license in a lot of things. There were a lot of historical inaccuracies I noted, not just with Lucy and Desi, but like I said, that's Hollywood for you. lol

I'll betcha he kept asking you to loan him some of your dresses huh?

Like Lucy Ricardo you were a WOMAN FOR THE FBI!? :HALKING: That will look great in your memoirs!

At least Lucy and Des got the center position, the most prominent. How was the story?

Lucy & Desi's story is a seven page chapter between Lombard & Gable and Bogart & Bacall, so it is very condensed. Two glaring errors -- she claims Lucy bought RKO after buying out Desi, and she also claims "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do" was an "oft-repeated" phrase for Mr. Ricardo.