Lucy Sightings!

Brock

I understand what you mean, but I seriously love Grey's! :D It's one of the few shows I still watch regularly. It was getting a little drippy a few years ago but these past couple seasons have been excellent. A few of the actors' contracts are up at the end of this season though, so I could see the show ending within the next year or so.

Is the spin off still on? Private Practice i think it was called?

Yep, it is. That show's never really caught my interest, though.

Well, it's all about this soldier called Private Practice and his misadventures . . . no wait, i think they merged two older shows Private Secretary and Danny Thomas' The Practice, and Ann Sothern's in love with her boss Danny and, that's the information i got from my friend Rose Nyland anyway. I can see why you'd not be interested, no McSteamy or McDreamy huh? With Danny on it it's more McNosy i guess.

Tonight on Antiques Roadshow a woman had a pendant/medallion that had belonged to Lucy. She spent a good amount of time looking for a picture of Lucy wearing it and found one--in the picture she and Desi are signing their contract with Phillip Morris for the third season of I Love Lucy. The man she was speaking with estimated that, at auction, it may sell for $5000.

Tonight on Antiques Roadshow a woman had a pendant/medallion that had belonged to Lucy. She spent a good amount of time looking for a picture of Lucy wearing it and found one--in the picture she and Desi are signing their contract with Phillip Morris for the third season of I Love Lucy. The man she was speaking with estimated that, at auction, it may sell for $5000.

Lucie will be furious! :vanda:

I don't watch food network very often, but there's a show called Cupcake Wars and they did a show dedicated to I Love Lucy's 60th Anniversary! I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but I recorded it and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'll let y'all know how it is. If you're interested, I think the following website has the full episode, I've never used the site so I don't know how well it works, but it'd be worth a try.

http://www.tubeplus.me/player/1971017/Cupcake_Wars/season_4/episode_8/I_Love_Lucy_60th_Anniversary/

• 2 weeks later...

Found a Betty Grable bio today that had loads of Lucy mentions in there. It even had some Desi Arnaz ones as they had dated. Apparently Lucy and Betty were very very good friends for at least forty years. They had become friendly when first starting out at the studio and were very encouraging to one another in their careers. Betty even rooted for Lucy to get a part in a movie with John Payne that eventuallty went to Jane Wyman as Lucy was not interested. Lucy and Carol Burnett were always asking Betty to do their shows but she almost never accepted as she thought they were doing her a favor and not realizing that she was well beloved by the public.

Amanda Seyfried was on Conan tonight and was talking about how she doesn't think Botox is a good idea. She said she thinks women should tape up their faces instead and says that what Lucille Ball used to do. She did, however, say Lucy slept with it on, which is not true.

Come on, Seyfried. Better check them facts, sugar.

Amanda Seyfried was on Conan tonight and was talking about how she doesn't think Botox is a good idea. She said she thinks women should tape up their faces instead and says that what Lucille Ball used to do. She did, however, say Lucy slept with it on, which is not true.

Well...she was half right and doubt she meant any harm! peachonthebeach.JPG

I know, i just saw that and just as she's talking about Lucy the damned phone rang and i am so going to watch it again when rerun on another channel tomorrow. Never expected that from a star so young, surprised she even knows about taping for people who don't get their faces screwed up by too much plastic surgery.