Last Lucy Item You Bought?

Brock

LOL! I thought despite not having a player, the box would be a nice addition to the collection and it was only $7. The same bookstore had a few used ILL VHS tapes for a buck a pop, but I already bought those when I was in kindergarten. LOL

Oh, so you DID buy dog food for a non existing dog then??? How Mary Jane of you! I actually bought one of those and even had that special disc done for the 40th anniversary of the show and i bought at least a dozen laser discs, maybe more, at ridiculously high prices, when i think of all the money we wasted buying everything in Beta, VHS and now DVD's, of course i had a bigger salary back then. I gave the old Lucy things in the previous formats to Lucy fans in my family or friends at least.

oh dear i probably shouldnt mention i once got an episode of my favorite husband on 8 track tape and ive never even seen an 8 track tape player lol. Although in my defence i hoped it was an episode i didnt have and thought id be able to get it converted. I would love to see the laser disc stuff that was out there but never had the opportunity

oh dear i probably shouldnt mention i once got an episode of my favorite husband on 8 track tape and ive never even seen an 8 track tape player lol. Although in my defence i hoped it was an episode i didnt have and thought id be able to get it converted. I would love to see the laser disc stuff that was out there but never had the opportunity

Thank God we WERE able to transfer most of our stuff from Beta to VHS and then to DVD although we lost a lot of quality every time we transferred them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this one on eBay. I have the American version of this one, but this UK edition is so different -- interesting in the US the FD comic book was a stand-alone issue, but they took a very different marketing approach across the pond:

$(KGrHqNHJEYE916R2vY4BPgeEd6)D!~~60_12.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did it! I bought myself a teacup & saucer from R eplacements.com in the same ivy pattern that was used on all the I Love Lucy shows. B) Only $14.95 plus S&H. When I unpacked it I got a little bit misty eyed. I knew you guys would understand that, though. :)

I put the cup on the saucer & held it up, thinking that this was how it felt in their hands. The ivy design around the rim is raised, & it is just darling (if a china cup & saucer can be darling! :lucythrill:)

Buying these pieces has been on my "To do someday" list for a long time now. I'm so glad I finally got them.

I finally did it! I bought myself a teacup & saucer from R eplacements.com in the same ivy pattern that was used on all the I Love Lucy shows. B) Only $14.95 plus S&H. When I unpacked it I got a little bit misty eyed. I knew you guys would understand that, though. :)

I put the cup on the saucer & held it up, thinking that this was how it felt in their hands. The ivy design around the rim is raised, & it is just darling (if a china cup & saucer can be darling! :lucythrill:)

Buying these pieces has been on my "To do someday" list for a long time now. I'm so glad I finally got them.

I think that's great! Good for you, Viv! And I love the sweet reaction you had when you opened them up. Totally get it! Enjoy! peachonthebeach.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone!

Where did you find it, after the wait? And....how much had the price inflated in the years in between? Thanks for the information. Loving you, JK

Ebay! :D With shipping, this came to about $7 less than the colouring book involved in the original colouring book incident which scarred me for life. :marionstrong: The other one though was in better condition. <_<

Thanks, everyone!

Ebay! :D With shipping, this came to about $7 less than the colouring book involved in the original colouring book incident which scarred me for life. :marionstrong: The other one though was in better condition. <_<

Thanks, Brock - guess you were ALWAYS MEANT TO HAVE IT.... Great deal! Loving you, JK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was at a local thrift store and found a VHS version of Mame. For 50 cents I thought I should buy it. Lol. I decided to watch it and OMG the difference in quality is insane. Lol. Plus it is zoomed in the whole time I feel. I'm sure I'll be saying that eventually with DVDs and BR.

I was at a local thrift store and found a VHS version of Mame. For 50 cents I thought I should buy it. Lol. I decided to watch it and OMG the difference in quality is insane. Lol. Plus it is zoomed in the whole time I feel. I'm sure I'll be saying that eventually with DVDs and BR.

That's the thing, it's probably all pan and scan as the movie was so HUGE on the screen. You can now do that with most tv sets.