The I Love Lucy Superstar Special -- Sunday, May 17 on CBS!

Desiluforever

Looking good! Odd colour choice, however, for Ethel's outfit.

I hate to think what's going to be cut from these episodes to fit into broadcast length, particularly L.A. at Last. If Eve is cut, I'll be upset.

I believe the same color choice for Ethel's outfit, was the same color choice for her dress in the first scene in the newly colorized "Job Switching" episode.

10407668_817360544976502_274172292859565

I'm also wondering, and curious as to what the bonus material not seen in 60 years, could possibly be. It has to be from "LA at Last," because it said not seen in not seen in 60 years, and "LA at Last" was filmed in 1955, making it exactly 60 years, in 2015. I'm wondering if it's something that was already previously released as a bonus feature, on any of the "I Love Lucy" DVDs, or if this is something completely, and totally brand new. The only thing I could think of is there was a lost/deleted scene, of Lucy going through a makeup bag/case, trying to look for things to disguise herself from Holden. Originally, the footage was either lost, or damaged beyond repair, and they only thing that existed were onset still black and white photographs, and script excerpts, from the scene. Either their going to show the stills, and the script excerpts, or they were able to salvage/fix/repair, the existing film footage, of the scene, or came across a new, long-lost film negative of the scene, that was remastered, and that will be shown. Either way, I'm wondering if whatever it is will be colorized, and either incorporated into the episode, or shown separately. Thoughts?

Looking good! Odd colour choice, however, for Ethel's outfit.

I hate to think what's going to be cut from these episodes to fit into broadcast length, particularly L.A. at Last. If Eve is cut, I'll be upset.

I know that Tom said they don't have any intentions to release the full episodes at this point, but I just hope that at some point they do.

What I'd like to know is the order CBS plans to run these two episodes.  I'm hoping L.A. at Last! will run first before Lucy and Superman as the Superman episode has some slow moments, and some people might tune out before the second half hour.

I agree.  But they usually lead with the slower one and build to the winner which is certainly L A At Last in this case.  I had the same thought when watching that lousy Christmas ep and praying the general public would stay for the winner that followed, but it was playing at Christmas so i understand why they had to lead with that one, LOL!

Yaaaay!  "L.A. at Last!" is up first.  This is from the TV Guide website:

I Love Lucy Superstar Special 8:00 PM on CBSw, 1 hr 2015

Two classic episodes of "I Love Lucy" are shown, colorized with a vintage look. First up: Lucy, Ricky and their pals travel to Hollywood, where Lucy meets William Holden. Then Lucy dresses up like Superman for Little Ricky's birthday party.

Find more about I Love Lucy Superstar Special

Think about it this way:  Most people your age have no clue who Eve Arden was and probably would not get the joke.  If the never-before-seen footage that is supposedly going to be included in this special happens to be of the scene with Lucy going through Ricky's make-up case (which gives logic to the putty nose scene), and they put that in in place of the Eve Arden bit, then I'm all for it!

• Like 1

Most people your age have no clue who Eve Arden was and probably would not get the joke.

What better way to rectify that oversight? haha (How old do you think I am, anyway? I'm not exactly a spring chicken. This chicken has crow's feet)

If the never-before-seen footage that is supposedly going to be included in this special happens to be of the scene with Lucy going through Ricky's make-up case (which gives logic to the putty nose scene), and they put that in in place of the Eve Arden bit, then I'm all for it!

Okay, I'll buy that. :lucythrill:

What better way to rectify that oversight? haha (How old do you think I am, anyway? I'm not exactly a spring chicken. This chicken has crow's feet)

Okay, I'll buy that. :lucythrill:

Looking down from my perch, these old eagle eyes do indeed see a spring chicken.  It's a matter of perspective.  When I first "met" you on the old Lucy list, you were still in high school.  And let's just say that, well . . . I wasn't.  :)

I'm sure that the famous make up kit scene from LA at Last! was unfortunately destroyed along with all the other deleted scenes and bloopers in the 1950s at Desi's request. I think the most likely lost footage to be included would be the additional dialogue with Bobby the Bellboy about his appearance in Julius Caesar that was cut after the first airing and not on the original DVD release.

• Like 1

I'm sure that the famous make up kit scene from LA at Last! was unfortunately destroyed along with all the other deleted scenes and bloopers in the 1950s at Desi's request. I think the most likely lost footage to be included would be the additional dialogue with Bobby the Bellboy about his appearance in Juliua Caesar that was cut after the first airing and not on the original DVD release.

I wasn't even aware of this missing dialogue with Bobby.  That's interesting.  I'm sure you're probably right about this, though, that Desi destroyed the make-up scene and it no longer exists, but I hope you're wrong.  :)

Was Lucy going through Ricky's make-up kit really gone or are people just "spekalatin" that Desi destroyed it? :desi1:

I'm speculating, but all the extraneous footage relating to I Love Lucy was destroyed in the late 1950s because Desi thought it was taking up too much space and expense and they saw no reason at the time to save it.

• Like 1

Was Lucy going through Ricky's make-up kit really gone or are people just "spekalatin" that Desi destroyed it?  :desi1:

Maybe like the pilot episode, it will turn up under somebody's bed. (Wishful thinking.)  I'm fantasizing about Desi giving an employee a bunch of "useless" footage with instructions to destroy it, and that employee thought how cool it would be to have possession of I Love Lucy footage no one else in the world has, and instead of following the boss's instructions, takes it home and tucks it away.