What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Never Do Business With Friends. We learn that Lucy has a washing machine and it seems to be in the basement. So 2 questions. Being in a common area how to you stop the other tenant's from using it?

Second, if she has a machine why in Bonus Bucks does she send pajamas to the laundry? She also is sending sheets to the laundry when she is trying to get Ricky to lose his temper. They must sleep in really delicate fabrics.

I watched one of my favorites, Lucy's Night in Town, today because I saw a production of The Most Happy Fella tonight (my tickets were not for the matinee). I managed to get through the show without hitting anyone over the head with a purse.

How many people to a seat?

I watched one of my favorites, Lucy's Night in Town, today because I saw a production of The Most Happy Fella tonight (my tickets were not for the matinee). I managed to get through the show without hitting anyone over the head with a purse.

Faith and begora, that is good news! ;) No review Harry? Did you like it? Did it seem ..."dated" or was it updated? Enquirer minds...;)

I did like it! It was not updated and it's clearly of it's time, but I would not describe it as dated. The Most Happy Fella is a very unusual show. It's almost entirely sung through like an opera. Tony Award winner Schuler Hensley played the lead role of Tony and was great. I had never seen him in anything before. Laura Benanti was terrific as his love Rosabella. She really needs to be a big star. Cheyenne Jackson played the role of Joey who sings "Don't Cry." I was surprised by how relatively small his role was. "Big D," performed by the show's secondary couple, was the showstopping standout of the night. A few years ago I found a Playbill of the original production of the show from the same week Lucy's Night in Town aired. It was interesting to see that the show was three acts and not two and the placement of the songs did not match how they were performed on I Love Lucy. The City Center Encores version I saw last night performed the show in two acts. If you had to choose between axct and act two like the Ricardos and Mertzes, act two would probably be the one to see. There's a lot more to see in the second half of the show including "Big D." 

If anyone ever wondered about the plot of The Most Happy Fella, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Happy_Fella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...