The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

Only if a home movie camera was rolling in the Roxbury back yard, right? :rolleyes:

Loves me some Carole but she wasn't around every moment of the kids' lives! Jeez! lucyeww.JPG

That was my point, Carole's coming over but i can't see her, i planned on playing with the kids today.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A beautiful shot. Do you know what year? I would guess 62 to 64. A bit over-processed; and aren't those eyebrows higher than I've ever seen them?--but better than the official photo she used for a year or two when "The Lucy Show" first ran: one I always found odd.

1962Portrait.jpg

Yeah, looks like the first job those touch up people did before they tackled the latest Julia Roberts one that everybody is saying is way overboard.

Yeah, looks like the first job those touch up people did before they tackled the latest Julia Roberts one that everybody is saying is way overboard.

The things that's odd about this glam shot that may not come through in the scan is that her face, unlike most touched-up pictures, is completely IN focus. She was only 50, so it wasn't like she was ancient, but there's not an imperfection. Her face is just a little too perfect and only resembles her. She must have loved this one because you see it a lot as her official photo from that era.

The things that's odd about this glam shot that may not come through in the scan is that her face, unlike most touched-up pictures, is completely IN focus. She was only 50, so it wasn't like she was ancient, but there's not an imperfection. Her face is just a little too perfect and only resembles her. She must have loved this one because you see it a lot as her official photo from that era.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's just lovely. I was only joking about the touch up bit, but there was a photo shoot from this same period where she had her cheeks sunk in and well, you hardly recognize her, sort of like the Blackglama mink ad much later in her life. This shot at least has her signature LOOK about it, i could see where she WOULD like it a lot. She looks great in that one. The one i got as an autographed picture a few years after this one was shot was the one where she is lit and her face is like in a flash, no imperfections there either, no flaws either, as per her instructions, LOL!

Archived