The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what years these photos were from? I love Lucy's sunglasses. They were her signature 80s sunglasses, lolz!

Here's what I have on chronology:

Charles Pierce, cabaret star, female impersonator, was visited backstage by Lucille Ball in September 1988, The Ballroom, NYC, is born this date in 1926. [dies 5/31/99]

Yes, and unretouched yet! :lucy2:

I wouldn't be too sure about that! Actually, I beg to differ: they just missed around the eyes for some reason (rush job?)....but look near the left earing how the jawline sort of "melts" into the neck -- the delineation has been erased, and that heavy crease she often got at this stage on either side of her mouth, particularly when smiling, has all but been (almost) all erased, too. :)

I_LOVE_LUCY_0059-web.jpg

It seems very rare to see a completely candid shot of Lucy WITHOUT a cigarette in her hand, no matter what the setting. I always wonder where her ashes and butts went.

Even rarer is a shot of her mid-drag. I can only think of two.

One of them was in the Life magazine cover-story about "The Good Years" which has one of my favorite captions:

"During a break, Lucy puffs GRATEFULLY on a cigarette."

It seems very rare to see a completely candid shot of Lucy WITHOUT a cigarette in her hand, no matter what the setting. I always wonder where her ashes and butts went.

Even rarer is a shot of her mid-drag. I can only think of two.

One of them was in the Life magazine cover-story about "The Good Years" which has one of my favorite captions:

"During a break, Lucy puffs GRATEFULLY on a cigarette."

Yup, i remember that one, it was a great shot, very sophisticated and quite candid indeed.

Well, you have to admit: it DOES capture his personality!

LOL! Which begs the question, WHAT THE HELL DID SHE EVER SEE IN HIM, reminded her of the ganster she used to date? She was a cougar before her time? He had a BIG . . . . . . . . . . EGO? Remember that quote from a lady at Radio City who said she knew which girl he had dated because if how high the girl KICKED and remember how high Lucy used to kick? :lucyhorror::lucydisgust:

LOL! Which begs the question, WHAT THE HELL DID SHE EVER SEE IN HIM, reminded her of the ganster she used to date? She was a cougar before her time? He had a BIG . . . . . . . . . . EGO? Remember that quote from a lady at Radio City who said she knew which girl he had dated because if how high the girl KICKED and remember how high Lucy used to kick? :lucyhorror::lucydisgust:

I know, I wonder what she saw his him as well, looks wise that is. Not quite sure.

I know, I wonder what she saw his him as well, looks wise that is. Not quite sure.

Seriously, she always but always loved an ugly handsome kind of guy, that's how she described them, she did date many of them, men who looked like real men, like that gangster and that bodyguard and Bob Mitchum and Broderick Crawford, an older rough looking tough guy kind of man. And let's not forget that she loved to laugh and loved a man who could make her laugh and after you look at that pic of the big schmoley, he does look like he just left clown school.

Seriously, she always but always loved an ugly handsome kind of guy, that's how she described them, she did date many of them, men who looked like real men, like that gangster and that bodyguard and Bob Mitchum and Broderick Crawford, an older rough looking tough guy kind of man. And let's not forget that she loved to laugh and loved a man who could make her laugh and after you look at that pic of the big schmoley, he does look like he just left clown school.

I've found NO reference to Bob Mitchum.... fill me in....tx!

I've found NO reference to Bob Mitchum.... fill me in....tx!

Oh i KNOW it's in at least one of my Lucy bios, but i have no idea which one. I might even have seen it in a Bob Mitchum bio. The Broderick Crawford engagement is mentionned in almost all the Lucy books but Mitchum might be more elusive, i will check her dating history and get back to you.

Just so they don't kick high enough to knock off that rug!

Almost all of the professional toupee wearers are at one time or another photographed candidly without it (or the tell-tale hat/cap).

I don't ever recall a shot of Gary with his head stripped down to hard wood. Has anyone ever seen one?

Even during the shooting of the historic footage of Lucy and Desi playing with Simon in the pool, Gary is there...wearing a bathing cap!

I haven't seen these outtakes (which also include Edie).

Just so they don't kick high enough to knock off that rug!

Almost all of the professional toupee wearers are at one time or another photographed candidly without it (or the tell-tale hat/cap).

I don't ever recall a shot of Gary with his head stripped down to hard wood. Has anyone ever seen one?

Even during the shooting of the historic footage of Lucy and Desi playing with Simon in the pool, Gary is there...wearing a bathing cap!

I haven't seen these outtakes (which also include Edie).

OMG, did not know gary and Edie were THERE! Nope, never seen schmoley without the area rug. Then again, did we ever see BIG stars like Jimmy Stewart or Burt Reynolds or Ray Milland without their toupees? Yeah, forgot, i think Mr Milland did not wear HIS in his small role in Love Story. And we were shocked at the sight!

Archived