The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

I bet that wasn't the case here: it was a special, right? Then there were costume designers and consultants involved, she certainly didn't pick this herself! It was probably picked or even designed to -- in theory, anyway-- fit the theme of the number but somehow, somewhere went terribly wrong!

The hair I can't explain -- it's her last season(s) HL wig, perhaps a variation thereof so I kinda like it but if it doesn't look as good as usual, perhaps this may have been a rare instance where Irma couldn't be there to maintain it as she usually would and she was left in "lesser hands". Just a hunch. ;)

I totally agree about the clothes. All the costumes were ultra-mod (look at Dinah's bare midriff!) and Lucy got stuck with this one. Lucy's wig here is different from her fifth/sixth season Here's Lucy wigs. It's got sort of Princess Leia-type buns on the sides. She wore this wig or a similiar one in "Everything You Wanted to Know About Jack Benny...But Were Afraid to Ask." These are the only times I remember that look. In the little black-out skits that are contained within the "Like Hep" Lucy/Dinah/Diana trio number, Lucy wears her regular first season Here's Lucy style wig and some costumes seen on the show.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do we know the air date then? Late '72/early '73?? Or do I need to look it up in that fabulous reference book, Know-it-all's Lucy ABCs or whatever it is?? ;)

"Like Hep" aired on April 13, 1969. That style of wig turned up again two years later in "Everything You Wanted to Know About Jack Benny...But Were Afraid to Ask," which first aired on March 10, 1971.

I bet that wasn't the case here: it was a special, right? Then there were costume designers and consultants involved, she certainly didn't pick this herself! It was probably picked or even designed to -- in theory, anyway-- fit the theme of the number but somehow, somewhere went terribly wrong!

The hair I can't explain -- it's her last season(s) HL wig, perhaps a variation thereof so I kinda like it but if it doesn't look as good as usual, perhaps this may have been a rare instance where Irma couldn't be there to maintain it as she usually would and she was left in "lesser hands". Just a hunch. ;)

I'm curious, do you EVER agree with ANYTHING i say on here? LOL! Of course the dress was chosen by the people on the Dinah show, they coordinated the colors with Diana's and Dinah's BUT, i'm sure the stars are asked to give some input on the style or colors they like or are more flattering to them. And as for the wig, we see it from far away here so maybe it looks better UP CLOSE. It's amazing how different a wig can look depending on the lighting and so on. Look at Lucy's wig at The Oscars in '89, outside it looks terrific, maybe one of her all time best, but on the show itself, with the camera work and lighting, it looks fake and quite terrible as does Lucy, but with outside lighting Lucy looked sensational except for that close up shot where she's not smiling.

I totally agree about the clothes. All the costumes were ultra-mod (look at Dinah's bare midriff!) and Lucy got stuck with this one. Lucy's wig here is different from her fifth/sixth season Here's Lucy wigs. It's got sort of Princess Leia-type buns on the sides. She wore this wig or a similiar one in "Everything You Wanted to Know About Jack Benny...But Were Afraid to Ask." These are the only times I remember that look. In the little black-out skits that are contained within the "Like Hep" Lucy/Dinah/Diana trio number, Lucy wears her regular first season Here's Lucy style wig and some costumes seen on the show.

I just checked the wig Lucy wore in "Everything You Wanted to Know About Jack Benny...But Were Afraid to Ask" is not the same one from "Like Hep." It's very similiar, but longer.

I just checked the wig Lucy wore in "Everything You Wanted to Know About Jack Benny...But Were Afraid to Ask" is not the same one from "Like Hep." It's very similiar, but longer.

Jeez, that's cool but my god! What, have you got everything at the flip of a swish? My heavens! (But oh soooooo cool! ) :D

Archived