The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

In Bets We Trust!

Betty White voted America's most trusted celebrity:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/18/us-mosttrusted-poll-idUSTRE77H2WE20110818

I say the Democrats should get Betty to run somewhere for them, LOL! As for the most hated, i would raise the hatred level on gibson, trump and a few others, and i would think sheen would top hilton, she's obnoxious but he's so much worse than her.

• 2 weeks later...

Jane Leeves, Valerie Bertinelli, and "that bitch" Susan Lucci salute Bets:

"Frasier", "One Day At A Time"... Whoever put this together needs to update things slightly. lol

Yeah, looks like these people only know about animals. Maybe that's why they're honoring the COUGAR that is Betty, LOL! Wonder if she ever got her wish and hooked up with Robert Redford. See the interviewer's shock at finding out Betty is 89? The only woman who calls Regis THE KID!

• 2 weeks later...

Betty White: Throwing a Lifeline

Vol. 7 Issue 9 - 09/28/2011

by Joshua Miller, West Hollywood, California

bettywhitelifeline.jpg

There is no question that Betty White is, well, an icon.

“Betty is ‘White Hot,’” says Lifeline Program co-founder Stephen Terrell, who years ago scored the icon as spokesperson.

To this 50-ish Golden Girls fan, “she is still hot to me and most of the country with a whole new fan base of kids enjoying her warmth and humor,” making her new feature video on behalf of his firm, “hot.”

Hot in Cleveland star Betty White has been The Lifeline Program, a life settlement company, spokesperson for several years, preceding her hit show, but her recent Emmy nomination adds meaning to the new video, entitled“I’m Still Hot.”

“At 89 and up for another Emmy with 64 years in the business – That’s hot,” he said. “For our company, I want to show seniors and baby boomers that age is just a number and you can still be hot.”

The viatical settlement firm began assisting mostly terminally-ill AIDS patients by selling their life insurance policies for immediate cash to pay medical bills and provide for a dignified end of life.

Mr. Terrell said he grew up in the country without a lot of friends and bullied in school.

Television filled a lot of his free time (like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Brady Bunch and Partridge Family.) Having posters of David Cassidy and Donny Osmond earned him his first gay card and he came out of the closet at the ripe age of 14.

He garnered most of his support from gay hotlines, the few that preceded today’s Trevor Project.

He said, “When I was a kid, you didn’t think it could get better. But, it does. Having come out in the 70’s, I didn’t have many role models to follow, so I had to go through a lot of painful years looking for me.”

Stephen eventually found his calling when his business partner “had a partner with AIDS and they could not afford his medical bills and keep food on the table - something had to give.”

As he describes it, “When they had to decide whether or not to let a life insurance policy lapse vs. pay it, he had the brilliant idea to ask friends to buy the policy at less than the face amount leaving some money in the pay-out for them as interest on the investment. So an idea was born.”

As AIDS became a manageable illness, the idea morphed to cover all seniors, expanding their marketplace.

Earlier this month The Lifeline Program released a music video featuring two of today’s hottest stars, Luciana and Betty White, who says she tapped into her Mary Tyler Moore Show character Sue Ann for inspiration for her performance on “I’m Still Hot.”

Betty told WeHo News, “Sue Ann would definitely say she was still hot. She was one of the first hot girls on television. It’s a great song and we’re so glad that Luciana and Sony let us use it.”

Trying to remain objective, Ms. White said, “I don’t know if I’m still hot, but Luciana sure is, though I wasn’t so happy with how skinny she is – I kept trying to feed her a sandwich!”

The proud father of the video, Lifeline’s Terrell said, “Bringing it to life required a major team of talented and energetic people. I have to say, I am working with some of the best people I could find. When you put them all in the ‘Betty Bubble,’ magic occurs. And you thought Glenda the good witch had powers, ‘There’s no place like Betty.’”

Apparently Luciana is such a Betty White fan that, according to sources, she broke into tears as she met Betty, immediately bonding with the star and her maternal instincts.

Betty bonded with the hunky models in the video, just not maternally.

She said, “These boys were built like brick outhouses. I kept thinking, if I was ten years younger?! There was so much energy on the set, and while I told Steve at the end of the day that he could never get me to do it again… He knows I would.”

Steve Terrell said, “We put love drugs in the cheesecake, but that’s our secret. There was an invisible force field love bubble over Siren Studios on the days we shot the video. Everyone was crazy in love with each other. I don’t know anybody that wanted to go home. I had to tell the “Betty Boys” they were cut and none of them left for two more hours or so. I hated that - not.”

Here’s our Q&A with Betty White:

What was it like working with Luciana and those hunky men on set?

Seeing all those hunky men and Luciana, I knew there wouldn’t be a line at the craft services table. They were all so fit.

One of the lines in the song is about cheesecake and we had plenty of it on the set, so I fed cheesecake to my Beefcake!

Why do you think candidates should choose to use The Lifeline Program?

The boys at Lifeline really care about people and helping them pay for retirement. I’m lucky because I don’t really worry about retirement. As long as I keep getting a chance to work, I’m going to show up on the set… and I might show up even if they don’t ask me.

I have learned that The Lifeline Program really cares about people. Even though a life settlement helps people financially, I know that Steve Terrell and the Lifeline Program family really care about helping people who need money for retirement.

Is there any advice you would give to Luciana on having longevity in the entertainment industry?

I would tell her to always be professional: learn your lines, be on time and respect the business.

But I would also say that she should always continue to have fun, which she does……and for goodness sake, eat something!

Why do you think the LGBT community embraces and loves you so much?

Throughout my career, I’ve always portrayed characters that were humorous, but also weren’t afraid to speak their minds, especially when it came to racy or controversial topics, I think this struck a chord with the LGBT community. We both also share a very strong love for animals.

When you combine the two, it’s a very strong match.

How do you keep your energy up and your body so fit?

Well, I’m certainly not built like those boys in the video or as skinny as Luciana, but I have always tried to stay fit, get my rest and eat right. Everything is ok in moderation and I have also been blessed with good genes.

The Lifeline Program World Premiere of Luciana and Betty White’s “I'm Still Hot” will take place at 7pm PDT on October 11, 2011 the same time it debuts at the Abbey in West Hollywood, California.

The song is available for purchase on iTunes, and a portion of the net proceeds benefit the Los Angeles Zoo.

http://www.wehonews....?articleID=6530

Celebrities help kick off the first annual American Humane Association “Hero Dog Awards”!

Carson Kressley, Julianne Hough, Betty White, Pauley Perrette, Peter Fonda, Faith Ford, Joey Lawrence, Kellie Martin, Jake Pavelka and many other celebrities attended the first annual American Humane Association “Hero Dog Awards” presented by CESAR Canine Cuisine at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, October 1, 2011.

The Hero Dog Awards was created to shine a spotlight on the thousands of dog making a difference to people in need every day by providing comfort and support with their unconditional love. The star-studded event celebrated eight extraordinary heroic dogs and recognized their acts of heroism.

The Hero Dog Awards will be broadcast nationwide by Hallmark Channel on November 11, 2011.

Here from the red carpet arrival photos:

Betty+White.jpg

Betty+White.jpg

Betty+White.jpg

With Julianne Hough (Footloose, Dancing With the Stars)

Julianne+Hough.jpg

http://www.celebmagnet.com/2011/10/hero-dog-awards-photos-2011.html