The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

The Queen of Television was fantastic in her final appearance on Craig Ferguson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwFoCT05ns

Her Majesty arrives around the 19-minute mark.

I'm glad to see she is still so mobile. That was becoming a concern watching Cleveland.

Yeah, just mentioned that on the talk show thread, they were both fantastic and she looked so great in that sequened top.  Can't believe her moves at 92.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You do mean (I hope) tomorrow as in Wednesday since it airs daytime on CBS and it's already after 9 PM PST??? :HALKING:

No, it was today and she was wunnerful wunnerful, as always.  She talked about the end of her current series, being 93 soon, got a great reception from the audience and was given flowers again and a birthday cake.  Which brought her to tears.

o94tmq.jpg

"Hey, Sue Ann! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you, Lou! Here's the present you got me."

m50sh.jpg

"What have we here? It's from Lou!"

4qf7q.jpg

*reads*

'To the most voluptuous, exciting, and desirable creature on God's earth...

4rc39d.jpg

...From Lou, with admiration and lust.'

125omc1.jpg

"Oh, Lou, it's BEAUTIFUL!! Oh, you shouldn't have."

"Yeah...Yeah, well, uh...wear it in good health."

"Thank you, dear."

2j31vkj.jpg

HAPPY 93rd BIRTHDAY, BETTY!

• Like 1

o94tmq.jpg

"Hey, Sue Ann! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you, Lou! Here's the present you got me."

m50sh.jpg

"What have we here? It's from Lou!"

4qf7q.jpg

*reads*

'To the most voluptuous, exciting, and desirable creature on God's earth...

4rc39d.jpg

...From Lou, with admiration and lust.'

125omc1.jpg

"Oh, Lou, it's BEAUTIFUL!! Oh, you shouldn't have."

"Yeah...Yeah, well, uh...wear it in good health."

"Thank you, dear."

2j31vkj.jpg

HAPPY 93rd BIRTHDAY, BETTY!

One of the many roles and reasons we love her!!! :HALKING:

The Hot In Cleveland birthday surprise for Betty was fantastic.

This one?? Sure was!

Betty White turned 93 on Saturday and got an unconventional birthday surprise from her Hot in Cleveland cast and crew the day before.

White’s assistant greets her with a hula dance on a daily basis, so her friends and colleagues at TV Land organized a luau-themed flash mob in her honor on the CBS Studio Center lot.

People decked out in hula skirts and leis popped out of their hiding spots as White approached the soundstage in a golf cart, driven by co-star Dave Foley. The legendary actress got especially emotional when her three “Hot in Cleveland” co-stars, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, performed a special dance.

“At 93, you shouldn’t be doing this,” she told the crowd with classic wit.  Hot in Cleveland airs Wednesdays on TV Land. The show will end its run once the current sixth season wraps this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one?? Sure was!

Betty White turned 93 on Saturday and got an unconventional birthday surprise from her Hot in Cleveland cast and crew the day before.

White’s assistant greets her with a hula dance on a daily basis, so her friends and colleagues at TV Land organized a luau-themed flash mob in her honor on the CBS Studio Center lot.

People decked out in hula skirts and leis popped out of their hiding spots as White approached the soundstage in a golf cart, driven by co-star Dave Foley. The legendary actress got especially emotional when her three “Hot in Cleveland” co-stars, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, performed a special dance.

“At 93, you shouldn’t be doing this,” she told the crowd with classic wit.  Hot in Cleveland airs Wednesdays on TV Land. The show will end its run once the current sixth season wraps this year.

Man, the world is going to go nuts when she passes on, a woman who is truly loved by all.  Beautiful tribute.

• 1 month later...

I'm putting this as straightforward as I can without sounding like an idiot: A lot of people in their 90s have weird eyes. That's the best way to describe it. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway I was reading an article about Betty's upcoming award and it had a big picture of her and I noticed her eyes look incredibly, uh, normal. In fact, she could definitely pass for an easy 77.

I'm putting this as straightforward as I can without sounding like an idiot: A lot of people in their 90s have weird eyes. That's the best way to describe it. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway I was reading an article about Betty's upcoming award and it had a big picture of her and I noticed her eyes look incredibly, uh, normal. In fact, she could definitely pass for an easy 77.

We oldsters have weird eyes?????  Splain please!

We oldsters have weird eyes?????  Splain please!

Not you oldsters. I mean really old oldsters, like Betty's age and such. Something I've just noticed before is that a lot of their eyes get a sort of a glassy look, I would call it. The most recent one I saw was Dick Van Dyke. Look up just about any old celeb 85+ and they'll most likely have it.

Not you oldsters. I mean really old oldsters, like Betty's age and such. Something I've just noticed before is that a lot of their eyes get a sort of a glassy look, I would call it. The most recent one I saw was Dick Van Dyke. Look up just about any old celeb 85+ and they'll most likely have it.

Well, if it's what i think i noticed, i saw it on Betty also.  Dontcha think the eyes do change after a certain age because they're so used to having trouble seeing as well as they used to and showing how tired the person is and so on?  I know MY eyes look different in the morning but i guess you're right, the puffiness and the bags are around the eyes, not the eyes themselves.