Lucie to Auction Lucy-Desi items on eBay beginning Oct. 30!

Brock

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I surprisingly won the Let's Talk to Lucy microphone lot! :HALKING::HALKING::HALKING:

Very cool! Too bad it didn't come with those tapes!

I got the Life Magazine.. Thought the microphone would be really cool too!

Awesome! Are you going to have it framed?

I have a strange question, I want to frame the telegram with a picture of Lucy from 1948 (the year the telegram was written) but, seeing as she didn't make any movies in '48, I can't easily locate any photos of her from that year. Anyone know of any photo shoots or anything that were done in '48?

Poorly. :(

Sorry. :( I watched the auction last night and saw that there was a last minute snipe. <_<

Congratulations, HC, on the microphone lot! :HALKING: Very cool! Just curious, what made you go for that?

Lucy79, congrats and enjoy the Life magazine! I have that issue and there are lots of great pics inside! :)

Sorry. :( I watched the auction last night and saw that there was a last minute snipe. <_<

Congratulations, HC, on the microphone lot! :HALKING: Very cool! Just curious, what made you go for that?

Lucy79, congrats and enjoy the Life magazine! I have that issue and there are lots of great pics inside! :)

Congratulations MAGGIE on this, our 25,000th post in our new home!

Thanks for the compliments. I never thought of framing the magazine, was going to keep it in plastic for protection.

If the Here's Lucy script was $100 I would liked to have bid on it. But it is a lot higher.

And think Lucy's cigarette case is pretty too.

A big thank you to Lucie for having the auction.

Congratulations MAGGIE on this, our 25,000th post in our new home!

Whoooo hoo!!! Light the candles and get the ice out! I guess since I've never found a pearl in an oyster or won the Irish sweepstakes, and missed guessing the number of beans in the jar by two at the grocery store yesterday, this time it's MY TURN! :lucythrill:

I have a strange question, I want to frame the telegram with a picture of Lucy from 1948 (the year the telegram was written) but, seeing as she didn't make any movies in '48, I can't easily locate any photos of her from that year. Anyone know of any photo shoots or anything that were done in '48?

"Easy Living" and "Sorrowful Jones" were both filmed in 1948, so you could maybe search for photos of Lucy in those films.

"Let's Talk to Lucy" has always interested me. Until the shows began to come out on the DVD sets, no one talked about it. It's exciting to think of all the places that microphone may have been and all the people who may have talked into it. I also loved that it came with some of the tape boxes with Lucy's own handwriting! :D

"Let's Talk to Lucy" has always interested me. Until the shows began to come out on the DVD sets, no one talked about it. It's exciting to think of all the places that microphone may have been and all the people who may have talked into it. I also loved that it came with some of the tape boxes with Lucy's own handwriting! :D

As I told ya, I hope the microphone still smells faintly of peach compote.

"Easy Living" and "Sorrowful Jones" were both filmed in 1948, so you could maybe search for photos of Lucy in those films.

Oooh, thanks for that tip!

Were any of the shows available to the public before the DVD releases?

A big thank you to Lucie for having the auction.

Indeed! :peachonthebeach:

I think the Let's Talk to Lucy are some of the best special features on all these DVD sets. I wish someone who has better tech skills then I would take all those and make them audio files the same way the My Favorite Husband's were. There so interesting because you really see why Lucy liked these people.

Good buy Jimmy.

Congratulations on the post card! :lucywow:

Thank you, HC, Brock, and Robbie! I'm thrilled but shocked that I won! And that it "only" cost me $360! I honestly wasn't expecting to be able to win something in Lucy's own handwriting. :lucywow:

By the way, I want to write a thank you note to Lucie but I didn't save the address the last time I wrote to her and I can't find it on her website since it is under rennovations. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but does anyone know the address I can write to Lucie? Thanks in advance! :)

I think DeDe usually stayed at the Roxbury Drive house with the children when Lucy was away without them.

Maggie, Lucie's mailing address is:

PO Box 330. Georgetown, CT 06829.

Thank you, HC! :)

By the way, I think I've mentioned this before but my uncle lives in Georgetown. I've had him stake out Lucie's P.O. Box but every time he's been to the post office no one's been there to collect the mail. He says there is a smiley face sticker on the box, though! :lucythrill:

Thank you, HC, Brock, and Robbie! I'm thrilled but shocked that I won! And that it "only" cost me $360! I honestly wasn't expecting to be able to win something in Lucy's own handwriting. :lucywow:

By the way, I want to write a thank you note to Lucie but I didn't save the address the last time I wrote to her and I can't find it on her website since it is under rennovations. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but does anyone know the address I can write to Lucie? Thanks in advance! :)

I'm pretty jealous you'll have Lucy's handwriting now! And I have to say, I'm actually really surprised some of these things are selling as cheaply as they are---not that I'm complaining, I'm glad myself and so many of my fellow Loungers have been able to get something!

Thank you, HC! :)

By the way, I think I've mentioned this before but my uncle lives in Georgetown. I've had him stake out Lucie's P.O. Box but every time he's been to the post office no one's been there to collect the mail. He says there is a smiley face sticker on the box, though! :lucythrill:

LOL! I like your idea of writing Lucie a 'thank you' note, hope you don't mind my stealing it!

Archived