Lucie to Auction Lucy-Desi items on eBay beginning Oct. 30!

Brock

Hey Lucy fans and friends,

It's been interesting reading all these posts about the auction. Have to be honest, I was a little hurt with some of the comments. I'm just a huge fan and collector of rare, one-of-a-kind Lucille Ball memorabilia. Not buying pieces to re-sell and make a profit. I am a TRUE collector who preserves these historic items so one day they can be seen by other Lucy fans. So yes, when given the opportunity I will be happy to lend these pieces for display either at the Lucy-Desi Center in Jamestown or in exhibits like the one currently at the Hollywood Museum in LA. I'm not a collector who wants to confine everything, never to be seen again.

Now, because I have acquired these items I will be letting go some things that I've had for a long time to make room for the additions. I'm talking about magazine, other rare ephemera, porcelain dolls and couple garments and props. I can't keep everything but the really rare things will stay.

Some of you I've met in Jamestown. Those who I haven't, hope we have an opportunity to meet. :ill:

All the best! :lucydesi:

I am very sorry if I said anything to offend you! I (wrongly) assumed that because you had SO MUCH eBay feedback, it was very likely you were a dealer. I'm sorry that I misjudged and I am so glad to hear that you are able to buy, preserve, and enjoy these items. I don't think any of us here REALLY begrudged any bidder these Lucy items. We just didn't like the thought that some of these items would undoubtedly go to dealers who'd resell them for a profit when there are many other people who'd want to own them and treasure them as Lucille Ball memorabilia. Glad to hear you will be able to preserve and treasure these very special items! Congrats on your winnings!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very sorry if I said anything to offend you! I (wrongly) assumed that because you had SO MUCH eBay feedback, it was very likely you were a dealer. I'm sorry that I misjudged and I am so glad to hear that you are able to buy, preserve, and enjoy these items. I don't think any of us here REALLY begrudged any bidder these Lucy items. We just didn't like the thought that some of these items would undoubtedly go to dealers who'd resell them for a profit when there are many other people who'd want to own them and treasure them as Lucille Ball memorabilia. Glad to hear you will be able to preserve and treasure these very special items! Congrats on your winnings!

Hey Magster!

Thanks for your response. I totally understand. Just like we saw with the Susie Morton auction, dealers were buying pieces, then the next week or month they appeared on eBay for three or four times the selling price. It really gets to me too when such neat items go to someone who doesn't really care or cherish the meaning behind it, all they see is $$$.

I wish I would have known about the exhibit in LA beforehand as I would have gladly lent some great pieces. Anyone in Southern California or visiting needs to check it out! They did a great job and it's amazing to see things we knew other collectors had but have not seen them before. I was surprised to see some things still exist like two framed pictures that hung in the Ricardo's apartment. So cool! Let's hope the Lucy-Desi Center accepts my offer to display some the recent pieces from Lucie Arnaz. It's a bit of a process to work with them, if you know what I mean :lucydaze:

Have a good one!

Hope you enjoy your items, LucyEths and work out a great arrangement with the museum. You currently have some items on display in Jamestown, don't you?

Here's the first-hand account of a girl who bought a household accounts item in the auction -- complete with pictures of how the item arrived with the certificate of authenticity:

(CAUTION: The Gone with the Wind music on this site is pretty loud so adjust your speakers accordingly!)

http://franklymydear-blog.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-lucille-ball-autograph-genuine.html

I love the excitement in this blog entry. :HALKING:

Sorry Mr. Hepburn you're so upset. There were a few items I really wish I could have been able to add to my collection but was outbid. I do have limits. I am however, very happy to be able to own the pieces I was lucky enough to win. Won't be charging an arm and a leg as I will not be selling anything.

PS: The shinny underwear I consign for a friend who knows the owners of the clothing company. This helps for my Lucy fund! :lucythrill:

Well, you have my full apology and know that I feel just rotten (can you hear Mary Richards telling someone she feels "just rotten?") And I'm thrilled that they went to a loving home...and that shiny underwear helped fund their purchase, how inventive! :professor:

And welcome to the boards!!

Hope you enjoy your items, LucyEths and work out a great arrangement with the museum. You currently have some items on display in Jamestown, don't you?

Here's the first-hand account of a girl who bought a household accounts item in the auction -- complete with pictures of how the item arrived with the certificate of authenticity:

(CAUTION: The Gone with the Wind music on this site is pretty loud so adjust your speakers accordingly!)

http://franklymydear-blog.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-lucille-ball-autograph-genuine.html

I love the excitement in this blog entry. :HALKING:

Hey there Brock,

Yep, Lucy's Santa suit is there now and they just put in Pepito's pay stub and contract from the Pilot I donated with some of his costumes. Think it's fitting to be next to the costumes he wore in the sketch. Most people forget how much he and his wife Joanne contributed to beginning of I Love Lucy.

Is that the person who won some of the furs and the Lucy/Viv notes?

I think it's a different person but, either way, "someone's been actin' a hog!" ;)

Connectibles has added three new items to the sale:

A Lucy & Desi award from the Television Academy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucille-Ball-Desi-Arnaz-1953-Merit-Award-Academy-Television-Arts-Sciences-Wall-/390366709321?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae3ab4649

A Western Photo owned by Lucy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucille-Ball-owned-1900s-EARLY-Hollywood-Western-MOVIE-Set-B-W-Panoramic-Photo-/390366711184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae3ab4d90

More Stationary: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucille-Ball-personal-LUCY-Stationery-NOTE-CARD-set-10-Envelopes-EXC-Love-/370561424424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56472e9c28

I wonder who bug5599 is. They made an absolute KILLING in the auction.

I've had a 'premonition' of a 'member' with a 'new name'....whaddyathink, rappy, perhaps? She's always looking for Lucy stuff....

Forgot to add: the 5599 is ALSO somewhat telling, as in 59lucylane? Just a thought...

Your American postal system astounds me. According to the USPS tracking number my keys are doing a grand tour of the eastern seaboard. They left New Canaan, CT on November 15, headed south and arrived in sunny Kearny, NJ on November 22 and, as of today, are in some vaugue location in New York. :lucyshock:

Is there postal delivery in the States tomorrow or is it still a holiday? I can't wait to see where they end up next! :professor:

Taking a detour through two U.S. states so far. They should have been more efficient and sent them directly from New Canaan to Toronto via Bombay. (By elephant, I presume)

• 10 months later...

Archived