Lucy A to Z -- C!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walter Cronkite b. 11/04/16 d. 07/17/09

Walter Cronkite, appears with Lucille Ball: CBS: The Stars' Address, 1963, Host, CBS’ On the Air: A Celebration of 50 Years, on which Lucille co-hosts, Part II, 1978, as Host/Master of Ceremonies: The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts, Lucille, the Honoree, 1986; Fame in the Twentieth Century, Lucille, via archival footage, 1993; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Bob Hope: The First 90 Years, 1993, and CBS at 75, 2003, is born this date in 1916.

While it's still the C-section (yuck, yuck...the c-section) I thought of an entry I made, and forgot to put him in births and deaths; just the episode - can ANYONE here remember what episode FIDEL CASTRO was around the pool in a scene, I Love Lucy? I can find no mention of him in tables of contents of various tomes I have on hand; he should definitely be in the C's!!

Thanks to whomever can tell us here....JK

While it's still the C-section (yuck, yuck...the c-section) I thought of an entry I made, and forgot to put him in births and deaths; just the episode - can ANYONE here remember what episode FIDEL CASTRO was around the pool in a scene, I Love Lucy? I can find no mention of him in tables of contents of various tomes I have on hand; he should definitely be in the C's!!

Fidel Castro in a Lucy episode??(!) :blink::huh:

Fidel Castro was allegedly an extra in Easy to Wed.

Fidel Castro was allegedly an extra in Easy to Wed.

TX, Harry - at LEAST, we got another C in in time! When I find the 'other' reference, I shall include it in with the F's....Regards, JK

FOUND IT!

Lucille Ball appears, as Gladys Benton, MGM's, Easy To Wed, a Technicolor re-make of a black and white 1936 film, Libeled Lady, co-starring life-long friends, Van Johnson and Keenan Wynn, also starring Ben Blue, James Flavin, Johathan Hole, Cecil Kellaway, June Lockhart, Esther Williams; co-directed, uncredited, by mentors, Ed Sedgwick and Buster Keaton, who also co-wrote; and with Fidel Castro, sometime actor, appearing in a poolside scene, uncredited, and was Jack Gargan, with Jack Donohue, dance director, is released this date in 1946.

Dick Cavett b. 11/19/36 d. alive

Dick Cavett, talk show host, Lucille Ball guest stars, The Dick Cavett Show, Episode #1, 1975; The Sullivan Years: A Tribute to Ed, Lucille and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, 1975; appears, via arhival footage, American Masters documentary “Finding Lucy”, 2000; Host, Cavett Remembers the Comic Legends, Lucille, via archival footage, 2006, is born this date in 1936.

WHY THE HECK AM I THE NEXT ENTRY????

Johnny Carson b. 10/23/25 d. 1/23/05

Johnny Carson, friend of the Arnazes; appears with Lucille Ball, Toast of the Town, 1962; Lucille's guest, (The Lucy Show) “Lucy and Johnny Carson”, 1969; host to Lucille on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1968, 1969, 1970, 2 appearances, 1971, and 1984; Desi is guest, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1971, 1972, and 1976; Johnny appears at CBS Salutes Lucy: The First 25 Years, with Lucille, NBC: The First Fifty Years - A Closer Look, and with Desi, Joys, 1976; with Lucille, Happy Birthday, Bob, and A Tribute to 'Mr. Television', Milton Berle, 1978; with Lucille, The Bob Hope American Youth Awards, 1979; guest, Lucy Moves to NBC, 1980; with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Billy Wilder, 1986, with Lucille and Lucie Arnaz, Bob Hope: The First 90 Years, 1993, is born this date in 1925.

Kerwin Coughlin b. 08/16/16 d. 04/15/99

Kerwin Coughlin, Casting Director, 20 episodes, (“I Love Lucy”) 1956-57, Desilu Productions' The Texan, 22 episodes, 1958-60; casting, 1 episode, “Blue Norther” 1960, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, 13 episodes, 1957-60; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “The Time Element” 1958, Desilu Productions' The Scarface Mob 1959, and The Gun of Zangara 1960; Desilu Productions' U.S. Marshal 4 episodes 1959, Casting Department, 4 episodes, 1959-60, Casting Director, Desilu Productions' The Untouchables, 13 episodes, 1959-60, Casting Department, 28 episodes, 1959-60, Casting Director, The Facts of Life 1960; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show unknown episodes, 1961; The Lucy Show, 9 episodes 1962-66, and Casting Department, 3 episodes, 1962-66; Casting Director, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Jack Benny Show “Ghost Town Western Sketch”, 1962; as well as (“Here's Lucy”) “Lucy and Jack Benny's Biography”, and “Lucy Cuts Vincent's Price”, 1970, is born this date in 1916.

Archived