Behind-the-Scenes Gallery

That picture of Lucy resting on the couch was taken during production of Ricky Loses His Voice. That's the episode where Lucy's new furniture arrives and they didn't take out the old furniture. That's why the living room looks like that in the picture.

O I C , you do know everything, dun't you?  So, did they undo the set every time they finished shooting an episode normally?  Or did they start keeping it all together once the show was a sure fire hit?  Or did they take it down for lack of space at the studio so they could film other shows?

Main sets are not taken down each week. A stage is that shows home. Other things do not shot on it.

Oh they don't SHOT on it huh?  LOL!  I knew the walls and main furniture stayed there but i thought maybe the little things were added when it came time to SHOT.  LOL!  Isn't that what the set dresser does?  Put all the things back where they belong?

Shot. I just shot spit all over my phone.

The week to week stuff tends to stay but the staging of things might move or have stuff added. I'm sure if they built a swing set on a permanent set then they would package that stuff so it is not broken.

Every time you see that tiny little apartment set, you wonder how they felt when they were given that gigantic Westport Early American house to play in.  That was such a superior effort as a set, the Here's Lucy living room is my next favorite, you can tell they were making up for that tiny little apartment they had in the first season of the first series.

That Westport set was a big problem though with                                  writing enterences                                         and exits not to mention that staircase.

I see even YOU are having trouble writing ENTERENCES.  LOL!  When i bought and read that book on TV sets for all the best shows, the most shocking one was the beautiful hotel suite in Hollywood, while it certainly was one of the best SETS Lucy ever had, it looks so stupid when drawn on paper as it's all over the place and not straight in any way, and just would not make any sense as a real hotel room set up.