UPDATED: Lucy Fest 2012 -- NOW WITH MORE LUCY & LUCIE!

Brock

Oh you are HOT tonight kiddo, keep it up and he wasn't yelling at you, he was defending them as he always does, no problem there and for your own information Desi jr has never said one bad word about his mom that's made it to press unlike his sister who's made a second career out of that. BUT, she has also, on few occasions been flattering to her also, must have been money involved.

I think it's pretty obvious that in Lucie's eyes Daddy could do no wrong and Mommy didn't love her enough. :lucythrill: She has gotten better in recent years but I still can't watch that Lucy/Desi documentary she made without feeling a bit of bitterness on how Lucy's portrayed, but I digress...

And for the record, I don't think Desi should be totally excluded from the festivities. He was after all the brains behind I Love Lucy and such. I'm just saying if Lucie were to do something like "Latin Nights" in Jamestown, then I'd like to see somebody like Suzanne LaRusch come do her show or Lee Tannen his play about Lucy. Something on the same level, you know? Not everyone enjoys Latin music and it just seems terribly out of place in somewhere like Jamestown, NY. Hell, this discussion is probably for naught anyway because maybe Lucie is honoring her mother solely this time. I have no idea exactly what she's gonna do in Jamestown...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty obvious that in Lucie's eyes Daddy could do no wrong and Mommy didn't love her enough. :lucythrill: She has gotten better in recent years but I still can't watch that Lucy/Desi documentary she made without feeling a bit of bitterness on how Lucy's portrayed, but I digress...

And for the record, I don't think Desi should be totally excluded from the festivities. He was after all the brains behind I Love Lucy and such. I'm just saying if Lucie were to do something like "Latin Nights" in Jamestown, then I'd like to see somebody like Suzanne LaRusch come do her show or Lee Tannen his play about Lucy. Something on the same level, you know? Not everyone enjoys Latin music and it just seems terribly out of place in somewhere like Jamestown, NY. Hell, this discussion is probably for naught anyway because maybe Lucie is honoring her mother solely this time. I have no idea exactly what she's gonna do in Jamestown...

Maybe a one woman show, Mommy dearest on the stage? By the way Desi was the genius who sold the rights to I Love Lucy for 4 and a half million when he could have made a hundred million had he held on to them, business genius indeed. And Lucy's money manager wasn't any better, not telling her to shelter her profits from yours mine and whoozitz where her quarter stake could have made her millions and then selling her shares of Gulf and Western, her ten million dollars worth would have made her like fifty million had she held on to them, when they split over and over. Lucie was right though, Lucy should have quit show biz to take care of her kids instead and we'd be on the Hans Conreid lounge right now.

Boring! All the Lucy related events sound just like last year!!! Can't they come up with some new original ways to celebrate Lucy!!!! Since the person running the center is not a Lucy fan I guess its no surprise...they can't even get a decent celebrity to headline the festival. Oh and they promise whoppi Goldberg would.be there then can't deliever what a surprise

Boring! All the Lucy related events sound just like last year!!! Can't they come up with some new original ways to celebrate Lucy!!!! Since the person running the center is not a Lucy fan I guess its no surprise...they can't even get a decent celebrity to headline the festival. Oh and they promise whoppi Goldberg would.be there then can't deliever what a surprise

I will be having my second annual garage sale at Lucy Lane during the festival weekend. It was a hoot and blast last year. Come on by:)

I will never for the life of me understand how the hell they expect a Lucy museum to be run by anybody but a REAL FAN.

I will never for the life of me understand how the hell they expect a Lucy museum to be run by anybody but a REAL FAN.

Journey speaks fluent Spanish? Does that count? No one at the Center is a fan. They are just employees with no enthusiasm, except Becky. She seems to be smiling and upbeat:) That is probably because she is good looking, skinny and gets out of there at 5...

I've never been, but there's a Tropicana Room, correct? Not sure why some Latin music would be out of place there... Nor do I think it's fair of any of us to attack Lucie for sharing her views on her mother and their relationship; none of us were there to see what happened behind closed doors. It's pretty typical for a mother to be harsh to her daughter while the father spoils her. Just sayin'.

As for the festival, what's up with promising Whoopi and then it not happening? Sounds like someone jumped the gun. As for there being no fans working at the museum: that was more than apparent during my visit last year, the girl who worked at the gift shop outside the I Love Lucy museum might as well have given my friend and I the finger. The vibe was completely unlike it was during my previous visits. If I do make it to Jamestown this August, it'll be more to visit 59 Lucy Lane and take in the beauty of Chautaqua County.

I wasn't attacking Lucie. I think she's very talented and wonderful in her own right. I was just stating an opinion on what I, as a Lucy fan, want to see when I go to Jamestown. So sue me. :rolleyes: God forbid we see something in Jamestown about Lucy and not Desi, you know, because he has sooo many connections to that town.

As for the Lucy/Lucie relationship Lucie could've taken a page from her brother's book awhile back. He's always had the nicest things to say about both his parents in public. Sorry, but she really came off sounding bitter and a spoiled brat before. Thank God she's had some therapy. :lucyblah:

Again, JMO.

I've never been, but there's a Tropicana Room, correct? Not sure why some Latin music would be out of place there... Nor do I think it's fair of any of us to attack Lucie for sharing her views on her mother and their relationship; none of us were there to see what happened behind closed doors. It's pretty typical for a mother to be harsh to her daughter while the father spoils her. Just sayin'.

As for the festival, what's up with promising Whoopi and then it not happening? Sounds like someone jumped the gun. As for there being no fans working at the museum: that was more than apparent during my visit last year, the girl who worked at the gift shop outside the I Love Lucy museum might as well have given my friend and I the finger. The vibe was completely unlike it was during my previous visits. If I do make it to Jamestown this August, it'll be more to visit 59 Lucy Lane and take in the beauty of Chautaqua County.

The employees have finally stopped growling at me. I report them every time they are rude. Now they all smile VERY BIG:) One would think smiling was mandatory when working at the Center. Smiling is natural at 59 Lucy Lane.

The employees have finally stopped growling at me. I report them every time they are rude. Now they all smile VERY BIG:) One would think smiling was mandatory when working at the Center. Smiling is natural at 59 Lucy Lane.

I wish you'd come on here and tell the 'fans' how the current E-D got the job; family connections, was it? What about the 'fan-base-knowledge-of Lucille and Desi'? Can you tell us? I've heard so many 'versions' and 'rumors', don't know what to think! Thanks, rappy.

I wish you'd come on here and tell the 'fans' how the current E-D got the job; family connections, was it? What about the 'fan-base-knowledge-of Lucille and Desi'? Can you tell us? I've heard so many 'versions' and 'rumors', don't know what to think! Thanks, rappy.

Let's not go wild with the speculation. She seems to have the background qualifications to do the job and seems perfectly capable in delivering her vision for the Center, however much we might disagree with that vision.

Let's not go wild with the speculation. She seems to have the background qualifications to do the job and seems perfectly capable in delivering her vision for the Center, however much we might disagree with that vision.

Yeah right. Maybe they need to start hiring real Lucy fans instead of these 'kinds' of people who don't give 2 squirts about Lucy or her legacy.

Yeah right. Maybe they need to start hiring real Lucy fans instead of these 'kinds' of people who don't give 2 squirts about Lucy or her legacy.

I don't disagree with you, because I'm not wild about the Center's new direction, either. I've always gone to Jamestown for Lucy. BUT the Center is, after all, a business, and if it's to succeed, needs someone with the qualifications and business savvy to run it. Of course it would be ideal if this person were also a Lucy fan, but, unfortunately, Lucy fandom alone doesn't guarantee success (as was evidenced, I'd say, by the whole Ric Wyman saga).

I don't disagree with you, because I'm not wild about the Center's new direction, either. I've always gone to Jamestown for Lucy. BUT the Center is, after all, a business, and if it's to succeed, needs someone with the qualifications and business savvy to run it. Of course it would be ideal if this person were also a Lucy fan, but, unfortunately, Lucy fandom alone doesn't guarantee success (as was evidenced, I'd say, by the whole Ric Wyman saga).

Was Ric Wyman a fan? He just sounds like some schmuck to me. lol

Big time -- and very knowledgable on Lucy and related subjects. He is also the author of 2 (?) Lucy Books -- For The Love of Lucy and the I Love Lucy Quiz Book.

It's a shame things went the way they did, his Lucy festivals were about Lucy and company. Our first trip to Jamestown was one of my dad and I's all time favorite family vacations. I still dream about that trip, loving every second of being in my own Holy Land. Armed with more money than a 16 year old should blow, winning my dream item at the auction...freaking out and buying something every time we passed (and therefore went into) the gift shop. Lucy interrupting the auction (doing a friends of the friendless gag). Carole Cook's HILARIOUS show that Saturday night. Finally finding the Lucy-Pepsi ad. Meeting Keith Thibodeaux!! Meeting the twins who played Little Ricky! Even meeting Wyman (who's books I adore) was a treat, I thought he was charming and hot. I could go on...but my point, his festivals rocked.

It's a shame things went the way they did, his Lucy festivals were about Lucy and company. Our first trip to Jamestown was one of my dad and I's all time favorite family vacations. I still dream about that trip, loving every second of being in my own Holy Land. Armed with more money than a 16 year old should blow, winning my dream item at the auction...freaking out and buying something every time we passed (and therefore went into) the gift shop. Lucy interrupting the auction (doing a friends of the friendless gag). Carole Cook's HILARIOUS show that Saturday night. Finally finding the Lucy-Pepsi ad. Meeting Keith Thibodeaux!! Meeting the twins who played Little Ricky! Even meeting Wyman (who's books I adore) was a treat, I thought he was charming and hot. I could go on...but my point, his festivals rocked.

I'm sure no one would disagree with his knowledge and love of Lucy; but, he was an employee, as well - at the top of the heap. He ruled ruthlessly, and most of the employees remained silent, until it was nearly down to bare-bones employees from his weeding out many of them - and THEY were GOOD ones - but, he was 'democratic' in his severing/handling of folks; he treated guest stars poorly; businessmen and women poorly; foundations poorly, I can go on; but, many of us 'loyal' ones knew NOT WHAT was going on with his methodical ridding of folk until it became a VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE with the giver of millions - then, it became public knowledge, and the rest is history!!!!

And.....as a parting shot: my view is this: HE CUT OFF HIS NOSE TO SPITE HIS FACE!!!!

JUST SAYINNNNNNNN........

I'm sure no one would disagree with his knowledge and love of Lucy; but, he was an employee, as well - at the top of the heap. He ruled ruthlessly, and most of the employees remained silent, until it was nearly down to bare-bones employees from his weeding out many of them - and THEY were GOOD ones - but, he was 'democratic' in his severing/handling of folks; he treated guest stars poorly; businessmen and women poorly; foundations poorly, I can go on; but, many of us 'loyal' ones knew NOT WHAT was going on with his methodical ridding of folk until it became a VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE with the giver of millions - then, it became public knowledge, and the rest is history!!!!

And.....as a parting shot: my view is this: HE CUT OFF HIS NOSE TO SPITE HIS FACE!!!!

JUST SAYINNNNNNNN........

And after he bit off his nose, he bit the hand that fed the place:) Glad he is gone....

Archived