UPDATED: Lucy Fest 2012 -- NOW WITH MORE LUCY & LUCIE!

Brock

The L-D Center has added Lucie, Elisabeth Edwards, and a whole bunch of LUCY events to the schedule!

LUCIE ARNAZ: HOST AND MUSICAL GUEST, FRIDAY AUG. 3

We're excited to announce our Friday Night Stand -Up showcase with host and musical guest Lucie Arnaz. Arnaz, daughter of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, has seen critically acclaimed success wearing the hats of producer, singer, actor and director, and currently serves on the Board of Directors of The American Theatre Wing.

AMESTOWN TO HOST "LUCY OLYMPICS"

Lucy Fest 2012 will feature Jamestown hosting their very own Lucy Olympics, a competition on Friday Aug. 3 & Saturday Aug. 4.

Contestants will compete in events including candy wrapping from the "Job Switching" episode, grape stomping from the "Lucy's Italian Movie" episode, and the most comprehensive I Love Lucy trivia contest ever believed to be held! Along with all of this, a costume contest featuring several different categories will also be held as part of the Olympics. Any contestants testing positive for abnormal levels of vitameatavegamin or any other performance enhancing drugs will automatically be disqualified.

NEW LUCY RADIO PLAYS, ELISABETH EDWARDS BOOK SIGNINGS, AND MORE!

Be part of the "studio audience" for a live "Lucy" radio comedy show!

By popular demand, Gregg Oppenheimer, son of I Love Lucy creator Jess Oppenheimer, returns to Jamestown to direct more radio comedy on the stage of the beautiful Reg Lenna Theatre. Last year, on this same stage, the world premiere of his original production I Love Lucy: The Untold Story was a huge success-so much so that it was the subject of four separate nationwide broadcasts on SiriusXM™ Radio.

This year's laugh-filled show opens with another original behind-the-scenes look at the creation of I Love Lucy-the world premiere of Gregg Oppenheimer's "Finding Fred and Ethel." Next up is a side-splitting episode of Jess Oppenheimer's first sitcom, Baby Snooks, the show that inspired him to create the character we know as "Lucy Ricardo". And to round out the program, another hilarious episode of Lucille Ball's radio sitcom, My Favorite Husband: "Valentine's Day" (later adapted for TV into the I Love Lucy episode "Lucy Plays Cupid.")

All three shows will be performed in the style of old-time radio, with the actors standing at microphones on the stage, plus sound effects and music, including live singers.

Tickets on sale April 17

Elisabeth Edwards Book Signing - Friday Aug. 3:

Attending this year's festival for a book signing will be Elisabeth Edwards, author of "I Love Lucy: A Celebration of All Things Lucy: Inside the World of Television's First Great Sitcom" and more.

Impersonator Shows - Friday & Saturday

Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner with "Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel."

Early Bird Specials - Daily 9am to 10am:

Receive an extra 10% off all of your favorite I Love Lucy merchandise!

Lucy Town Bus Tours - Wednesday thru Saturday:

An ever-popular guided tour of Lucy's hometown, birthplace, childhood home, and more.

Lake View Cemetery Tours - Thursday thru Saturday:

Back by popular demand, tour Lake View Cemetery in a horse-drawn, covered carriage & visit the resting place of Ball, her family, & others who touched her life.

Summer Wind Cruise - Sunday Aug. 5:

Lucy loved the lake & you can too! A refreshing 2hr cruise on Chautauqua Lake aboard The Summer Wind.

Photo Op with the Fabulous Four - Friday Aug. 3:

Have your photo taken with the Fabulous Foursome from I Love Lucy.

Members Only Archive Event - Friday Aug. 3:

Have your picture taken with never before seen items from the our archive collection!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The L-D Center has added Lucie, Elisabeth Edwards, and a whole bunch of LUCY events to the schedule!

Elisabeth Edwards Book Signing - Friday Aug. 3:

Attending this year's festival for a book signing will be Elisabeth Edwards, author of "I Love Lucy: A Celebration of All Things Lucy: Inside the World of Television's First Great Sitcom" and more.

Impersonator Shows - Friday & Saturday

Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner with "Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel."

Early Bird Specials - Daily 9am to 10am:

Receive an extra 10% off all of your favorite I Love Lucy merchandise!

Lucy Town Bus Tours - Wednesday thru Saturday:

An ever-popular guided tour of Lucy's hometown, birthplace, childhood home, and more.

Lake View Cemetery Tours - Thursday thru Saturday:

Back by popular demand, tour Lake View Cemetery in a horse-drawn, covered carriage & visit the resting place of Ball, her family, & others who touched her life.

Summer Wind Cruise - Sunday Aug. 5:

Lucy loved the lake & you can too! A refreshing 2hr cruise on Chautauqua Lake aboard The Summer Wind.

Photo Op with the Fabulous Four - Friday Aug. 3:

Have your photo taken with the Fabulous Foursome from I Love Lucy.

Members Only Archive Event - Friday Aug. 3:

Have your picture taken with never before seen items from the our archive collection!

Amestown, the place where the Lucy olympics will be, is this anywhere near Jamestown?

Yep, I knew this would get me yelled at! LOL

Listen, if I travel all that way to Jamestown, spend over 1000 bucks on plane ticket/hotelfare for a mere 3-4 days, find out Lucie and/or Desi Jr. are going to be there, and I have to sit and listen to tributes to their dad with nary a mention of their mother WHO THE FRICKIN' FESTIVAL IS FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, I'm going to be a bit peeved. Don't get me wrong, Desi was a great man and should be appreciated and lauded in his own right for all that he accomplished with I Love Lucy, etc., but Lucy made many TV shows and movies without him just fine.

And I was being facetious about the Santiago thing. Leave something in Los Angeles for both Desi and Lucy celebrating the TV show, but don't expect me to attend "Latin Nights" in Jamestown. He wasn't even born there! :lucydisgust:

Have you seen her show? There are many... many... mentions of Mama. Mentions is an understatement. And many home movie filmclips, new ones at that! Lucie ain't stoopid. :professor:

Archived