"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This made me watch that episode last night. I think you called it with the makeup as why she looks older. I'm in the long hair camp so I will take it anytime. With the hats or pigtails she does tend to not look as aged. I think the eye makeup is too heavy.

Anyways nice pic and I like your choice. Keep em coming. I vote for a Vivian pic from this, she was gorgeous.

Random thought. I always disliked Lucy with bottom false eyelashes. It aged her majorly to me, made her look tired, and made her eyes "pop" less. One of the only negatives I have towards her make up. It pops up a bunch in HL and in TLS's Lucy and Carol (part 2). I'm glad it didn't become a regular ritual.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to try out something new, though Im no where near done yet. Getting the wig in place now along with the roots, then on to her details and mouth. 

This is the weirdest hair style of Lucy's I've seen, at least in her later years lol I mean, this popular hair style of the 70s seemed to be embellished into a teased labyrinth of curls by Irma.  This hair style always reminds me of the old ocean Spray logo for some odd reason .  Its hard to believe that after it was all said and done, these wigs were pretty solid and didn't move an inch while they were on! LOL

10256689_486736198093518_230514384487756

WHADDYA think about THAT one for one of the two-volume covers????  ANYONE?  JK

I decided to try out something new, though Im no where near done yet. Getting the wig in place now along with the roots, then on to her details and mouth. 

This is the weirdest hair style of Lucy's I've seen, at least in her later years lol I mean, this popular hair style of the 70s seemed to be embellished into a teased labyrinth of curls by Irma.  This hair style always reminds me of the old ocean Spray logo for some odd reason .  Its hard to believe that after it was all said and done, these wigs were pretty solid and didn't move an inch while they were on! LOL

10256689_486736198093518_230514384487756

Lamarr..I know you know I think you're BLAZINGLY, AMAZINGLY talented and (hopefully if you're not already) should be "making a living" from your WUNDAFUL art.

Plus... it features one of her more "flattering" IMHO hairstyles, forme personally second only to my personal favorite which seems to be known as the "Dean Martin episode" wig/look, which I still lament she only wore on one or two occassions (at least on the show) before some lunkhead told her it made her look older (so opposite of what I think to be true!) or whatever the supposed reason was that she abandoned it to go back to one of my least favorite (sorry in advance diehards who won't like this!) styles, what's it referred to? the "kewpie doll" style?? Ugh!  (I know, I know I'm sure it's just me!)

Thus...Joyce I think an artists rendering such as this one would be a PERFECT cover for your upcoming omnibus....

It certainly is heartening to know all your hard work will soon have a well-deserved broader audience!  Is it too soon to ask whether your two-volume epic will also be available in electronic form?  Just asking out of curiousity....and the fact that I find myself reading more and more as time goes on in this "new" way as compared to the conventional...but hey I'll take it however I can get it! 

Continued good luck and success to both of you.... My this Lounge certainly is repository for lots of amazing talent!!! ;)

'Thus...Joyce I think an artists rendering such as this one would be a PERFECT cover for your upcoming omnibus....

It certainly is heartening to know all your hard work will soon have a well-deserved broader audience!  Is it too soon to ask whether your two-volume epic will also be available in electronic form?  Just asking out of curiousity....and the fact that I find myself reading more and more as time goes on in this "new" way as compared to the conventional...but hey I'll take it however I can get it! 

Continued good luck and success to both of you.... My this Lounge certainly is repository for lots of amazing talent!!!' ;)

Dear Joey:  The work has been a labor of love; but, somehow, I've become a junkie for Lucy et all!!!!  What do I do after it gets to publisher?  Is there a 'recovery' hospital I should seek out or just 'wait out' my inevitable death?  I'm positive I don't have 9 years left, and who the hell wants to be 80!!!! 

LOVE< absolutely LOVE the words 'omnibus' [of yours] and 'epic' that Lucie has used - HOW complimentary....I just think of it as finishing Lucille's 'missing diary from 1942' - damn, how I wish I could get my hands on THAT ONE!!!!!!

Now, if this thing sells, [and.... it seems to me, THAT's THE ONLY WAY it would go electronic!!!!!] perhaps, I will live long enough, and be on fire long enough, for a sequel; since, at NO TIME for the future, do I plan on quitting adding things to it, much like Michael Karol, who did his own sequel(s).

Loving you, JK

... it features one of her more "flattering" IMHO hairstyles, forme personally second only to my personal favorite which seems to be known as the "Dean Martin episode" wig/look, which I still lament she only wore on one or two occassions (at least on the show) before some lunkhead told her it made her look older (so opposite of what I think to be true!) or whatever the supposed reason was that she abandoned it to go back to one of my least favorite (sorry in advance diehards who won't like this!) styles, what's it referred to? the "kewpie doll" style?? Ugh!  (I know, I know I'm sure it's just me!)

I had to investigate this hair style some time ago when I did this rough draft below. I like that its long and full and over time it grew on me, but it was a unique style! 

10380215_487579814675823_438608383083042

Well i didn't want to get in any trouble with ABC or LB productions. I have to respect the fact that I dont have right, title, and ownership to the name and image so I can't represent it in an official comic, so I thought to change her name and make her Luci Barker instead.  

I dont know if any one would even care but I always want to respect all parties n folks involved- not that i would do anything to offend any one with her image- Im just trying to entertain and satisfy the want for art and Lucy-LUCART lol 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived