The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

lucille-ball_b68ed5ee35.jpg

Black and white photograph depicting Milton Berle, Lucille Ball, Angie Dickinson and Red Buttons at the 1984 Friar's Club Testimonial Dinner honoring Dean Martin and William B. Williams (not pictured), the Basildon Room, Waldorf=Astoria Hotel

I've been EVERYWHERE I can find on the Web, looking at Friars; each of the names mentioned; with personal appearances; nothing:  can SOMEONE, please, find me the month day and year of this  'supposed' Friars' Event????   thanks if you can; so far, we have May, 87; and 9/84 - ANYONE????  where's Claude when we need him????  His photo memory will tell us; PLUS what each of them wore!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that this dress is my least favorite of the 80's. It looks better in B&W.

Agreed, just horrible.  Although if it's the same one she did that musical number on the special with hope and has pants, there it looked much better.  You know, the I REMEMBER IT WELL NUMBER?

The caption for the purple dress says:

May 87, Red Buttons, Frier's Club Roast Waldorf Hotel.  Here is are 2 more from it.

purp.jpg

purp2.jpg

A better version. This is the event:  Gary Morton, Lucille Ball, Milton Berle, Red Buttons, Angie Dickinson at Friars Roast

September 1984

shot2.jpg

There's your answer Brockie, it was Miss Universe.

The stars of CBS's 9-10 hour for 1953-54 30 years later.

Red got the plush time zone after I Love Lucy in its 2nd year, 1953. Came in at #12 but was cancelled by CBS at the end of the season. The time slot was given to Desilu's December Bride the next season.

Lucy can be seen doing the Red Buttons dance to punctuate a joke in "Changing the Boy's Wardrobe".

I've only seen this imitation. I've never seen Red do it but it was enough of a trademark that 1953 audience's recognized it.

Didn't he used to do that dance on some of those Roasts?  As he did his monologue sometimes.

I've been EVERYWHERE I can find on the Web, looking at Friars; each of the names mentioned; with personal appearances; nothing:  can SOMEONE, please, find me the month day and year of this  'supposed' Friars' Event????   thanks if you can; so far, we have May, 87; and 9/84 - ANYONE????  where's Claude when we need him????  His photo memory will tell us; PLUS what each of them wore!!!!

Sorry hon, but these were not televised so I have no idea.

Agreed, just horrible. Although if it's the same one she did that musical number on the special with hope and has pants, there it looked much better. You know, the I REMEMBER IT WELL NUMBER?

I adore that number but that dress is so unflattering. But it is so 80's! Haha.

The Annabel Movies.  I thought she was adorably funny in these.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

Yes, she certainly was.  Hey, seeing as you have watched all of her shows lately, did YOU notice how she got really great looking halfway through the first season's shows?  Around new neighbors, breaking the lease, young fans etc . . . It's really noticeable.

Archived