The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sloppy my ass, it looks perfect.  And thanks for proving my point about getting the show in C O L O R , she was just meant to be seen that way, they knew that at MGM.

In Lucys 1950 Hollywood Byline interview, she says she would love to work in TV in color. Even then, you can see that color is in hind sight. Sometimes I watch Forever Darling and LLTrailer to get my color 50s Desilu fix lol

Speak of the color fix from those 2 movies.  Why doesn't Lucy's hair look that red in LLT?  Was it the type of color film process they used?

I always noticed that too! i remember when I first saw TLLT and I remember being a little let down by that first screen appearance by Lucy in the white dress. Her hair is  brown. I thought, "hm, this isn't orange. "

Hi Neil:

Great photo and looks so much like the redhead, but something caught my eye that it just looked like someone else and the set looked unrecognizable...but so Lucy 1954.

Did some homework and it turns out that's the great Broadway diva, Elaine Stritch in the 1954 musical, "On Your Toes" with her co-star, Ben Astar.

Still, a great shot...here's another shot of the musical.

$T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGJyyBRoo-+SW0!~~60_57.J

Really beautiful job.  Wish the colorized shows were this good.  And Claude: how many times in a week do you use THAT phrase??

ESLucy_zps4253e4e8.jpg

Archived