The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

He was finally persuaded, by Gore Vidal and many others to share his amazing story.  It's a story about returning GI's, great looking young men who were eager to work but couldn't find any, and HE got them together with stars who had incredible amounts of money and what was then called deviant lifestyles.  They went back to HIM as he kept everything quiet for over fifty years and then, once they were all dead, he finally opened up about what was really going on, now that people no longer care about who slept with whom and who was gay or bi.   Ok, now I'm done, I promise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. She earned those lines and they add character. Your b/w version is like night and day compared to the shot with the umbrella. The b/w portrait is beautiful, arresting and she looks very distinguished.

I drew this TWICE I love it so much-and all the others from the shoot. The eye brows are a little wild, but I enjoy this none the less. 

In this picture, I see what I tried to render in two portraits: the TV mogul, a roughened, truthful, transparent thoroughbred. Then I see a chic, vibrant, glamazon whose intending to be feminine and beautiful by way of airbrushing. 

That's where we differ, I like my icons looking beautiful and the first one makes her look angelic, which by the way is how she wanted her fans to see her.  I understand what you're saying, but I'm with Lucy on this one, she didn't want her fans' illusions to be so harshly dealt with.  If I want to see wrinkles, i'll just look at my own face in the mirror.  Like the fans who did not like Life with Lucy because she no longer looked like the beautiful Lucy Ricardo. 

Lucy is a human and I like to see her as a human. We all age, have bad hair days, make up not its best, or a broken nail. I love the no make up photos too. People like to think of celebrities as a higher person, perfect person. When they really are us, just with an incredible talent. Well in this case.

Love this just the way it is! Realistic and gorgeous. Yes, I know she wanted to look like an 8x10 glossy (who doesn't) but this is stunning.

lolol this is her without her people doing the air brush.

tumblr_n1j9rmpaa11qiopcto2_r2_1280.png

I wonder why sometimes they would wipe out her entire face almost lol 

Well, you wanted to make a point, and you DID, LOL!  Annaleigh, ever see those pictures of stars without make up?  Google them, look at Oprah, but you may throw up, look at Kellie Ripa, but not after eating . . . I am so sorry, wish I could agree with you all, but Lucy, in that blue dress, singing to Bob Hope at the Kennedy Center, with natural hair and looking old is not the way I want to see her, Lucy, at the Bob Hope Cultural Center, in that blue shiny dress, looked like a million bucks, I don't know if they put that Barbara Walters lens on her that night, but Lucy should have bought that damned thing for all her appearances.

Archived